Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xmage ?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard about it a couple of days ago and google whiffed on it. Is it free? Good interface? What's the odds of Wizards noticing it and shutting it down in the next 6 months?
Mcleetsauce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick screenshot of me spectating a game in progress
http://imgur.com/SEopEqe

I am quite impressed how it handles the stack. I haven't played with it yet as I was just watching a few games others were playing; and THAT is awesome! I like that games can have spectators!

It was really easy to follow the instructions for pics and installation of the program itself. Much, much less painful than MWS.
coboney

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another big question is how does it handle security codes and such - which is one of the bigger issues with some of the other programs right now (getting that coded and worked into the site).

Also looking at it - it may have some issues with Other formats and Legacy because it seems many of the cards need to be programmed in looking at the 'tournament relevant missing cards' thread there.
Soundgarden

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggested xMage earlier this year.
Problem is that I cant get it to work any more (crashes upon starting, some java/win8 problem that no one is able to help) and that its community is way too small.
Also, what coboney said.
Also, it providing card images this software will be shut down sooner or later if it should keep growing.
Livermush

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it doesn't have security codes, there's no way we can use it.
_Godica

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard, Xmage had some major issues handling interactions that come up occasionally in eternal formats. I could never endorse a program with automated rules enforcement unless I had very high confidence that no one would ever lose a game because the rules were not enforced correctly.
Hashirama

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks even worse then mws. No thanks.
SkyBoys

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Xmage! Reply with quote

As of now almost 20K cards are on the database, and I am sure it will keep on increasing until all the card are there, it is only a matter of time before all of it are online on Xmage and people are using Xmage for online play. Let's hope for that to be a reality in the future. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1