Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regarding Trial and Master Times

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
Livermush

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Regarding Trial and Master Times Reply with quote

Someone suggested this in the chat before the Master: particularly for people living east of Europe, Masters and Trials that start between 12pm and 4pm EST are really hard to attend, assuming you keep a normal sleep schedule.

Would it be possible to try running a few trials between 9am-11 am EST, and if there's demand for it, consider a master that early as well?
Frozen_Fire
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not the first one to suggest it. Others tried to schedule trials at 2 PM CET in the past, including me. It was somewhat a coin flip, sometimes it worked, other times it didn't. Sure, many months/years have passed since then and it's not to exclude another possible change to scheduled times according to future researches on activity levels.

TLDR: Been there, done that, depends on actual user activity.
_Godica

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two (ish?) months ago there was a Master that started two hours earlier than usual. It was the worst-attended Master of the last year.

I'm all for diversifying Trial times, but Masters should be at whatever time maximizes attendance. Right now, the data points at earlier Masters being a bad idea.
Strid3r

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Godica wrote:
Two (ish?) months ago there was a Master that started two hours earlier than usual. It was the worst-attended Master of the last year.

I'm all for diversifying Trial times, but Masters should be at whatever time maximizes attendance. Right now, the data points at earlier Masters being a bad idea.

That was partly caused by Masters starting allways at the same time and a lot of people didn't notice the change soon enough.

To really test this, it would be necessary to make master 2 hours earlier for at least 2 months or so.
Livermush

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or advertise it. Also, maybe a more obvious schedule showing up-coming trials until the next master, but is that even possible? I think Flippi and Azania are among the few who knows what sorcery this website runs off of.

Also, did you guys ever get anything done on adding Cockatrice support? That would definitely double the player-base.
saurgoth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Godica wrote:
I'm all for diversifying Trial times

Hear, hear.

I've advocated for one late trial a week (for the Americas) and one early trial (for Asia). It was sometime in August or September that there were additional trials on Tuesday and Thursday, around 2 or 3 am CET, and I think that Thursday night trial was the last tournament I played in.

And Livermush hits on the much bigger issue: diversifying Trial times would be great and all, but it wouldn't have anywhere near the impact of returning to Apprentice.
Livermush

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from using Apprentice, now.

Except for the fact that no judge runs them. If there were a bunch of people vocal about it, someone would run them.

At least I think the site still allows for Appr codes. Only reason you can't use Cockatrice right now is the people who work on the site (out of the goodness of their hearts) don't really know how to add it, it's apparently written in some lost Scandinavian language that no living person can decipher.
Sveiks
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would happily run Masters starting at 2pm CET(Central European Time, also known as +1 GMT). We just need to advertise the new starting time well enough.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1