Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Junk BWG

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
PsychoHammy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Junk BWG Reply with quote

// Lands
2 [BNG] Temple of Plenty
4 [KTK] Sandsteppe Citadel
2 [JOU] Mana Confluence
3 [KTK] Blossoming Sands
2 [THS] Swamp (1)
2 [THS] Forest (1)
2 [THS] Plains (2)
3 [THS] Temple of Silence
3 [JOU] Temple of Malady

// Creatures
3 [JOU] Bassara Tower Archer
4 [THS] Fleecemane Lion
3 [THS] Sylvan Caryatid
4 [THS] Reaper of the Wilds
3 [KTK] High Sentinels of Arashin
3 [KTK] Rakshasa Deathdealer
3 [M15] Hushwing Gryff

// Spells
2 [JOU] Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
4 [THS] Hero's Downfall
3 [KTK] Abzan Charm
2 [M15] Ajani Steadfast
4 [M15] Eternal Thirst

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [THS] Bow of Nylea
SB: 4 [KTK] Feed the Clan
SB: 4 [KTK] Utter End
SB: 3 [M15] Stain the Mind
SB: 2 [BNG] Fated Retribution

This is a very, very beginning concept. I'm trying to rebuild the deck I rather enjoyed pre-KTK. (Hexproof/lifegain) I know my sideboard needs some work, I'm thinking drown in sorrow in place of fated retribution because it's mostly in place for anti-aggro. Also need to tweak the land. I notice the Gain life lands rarely help at all for the damage I can take when I have to slow down for tapping them. I can't decide between fetch lands and temples (I do want to actually play this deck rl once I tweak it some more.)
The hushwing gryff's are probably better off sideboarded if at all since they don't fit with my theme, I just wanted a quick flying blocker that fit. I was trying to go with straight up hexproof, or some sort of regen/hexproof ability. This deck just doesn't seem to work as well as it did pre-rotation thanks to the loss of Orzhova's Gift, and Unflinching Courage. The ajani's are still game savers if I get them out. Garruk is really just an after thought thrown in the sb. If I can get a little more mana ramp out of it the fleecemanes alone could carry this deck through nearly anything.
Sveiks
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to play Junk wight now, play Constellation. It is just so absurdly strong against every Midrange deck and also against Jeskai Burn.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1