Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judge of the Month - August

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Which judge do you believe did the best at Player Recruitment in August?
Frozen_Fire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
IanStraka
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
archmage521
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
oui
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
pseudodespot
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Soundgarden
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
xJudicatorx
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
_Godica
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DRjester
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Malavolta
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
MortSubite
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rath
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sethenjore
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Ssilhouette
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Strid3r
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Sveiks
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Judge of the Month - August Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
This month on Magic-League we tried something new when it came to judge rewards. As you may or may not have been previously aware, Magic-League in the past has given a reward to the judge who ran the most minis in a month. Starting with August we are rolling out a new plan to give rewards to the top judge of a specific aspect in a month.
That said, the month of August was Player Recruitment Month. We would like to reward the judge who gave the best experience to new players and did the best job in helping out new players in their initial days and hours on Magic-League.
We have decided to make this process of determining who to reward something the entire site can participate in doing. This forum post is going to allow you, the players of Magic-League, to give us your opinion on which judge you felt was the top judge at improving the play experience for new players this past month. There will be a poll but we also are looking for discussion and reasoning. While the players' consensus won't be the only thing used in determination, it will go a long way in the decision.
Thank you for your help and good luck in your matches!
Steveman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#FreeSteveMan
Sveiks
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote went to Soundgarden. Not just because of the August, but he has probably helped most of the new players during last few months and I feel like he really deserves it.
_Godica

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not realize "recruitment" was meant to be interpreted as helping new players. That is certainly not what it has meant most times I've seen it applied. That said, since I doubt I am the only judge who made little effort to advertize or genuinely recruit new players, I suppose it makes sense.

What contributes the most to new player retention? Off the top of my head, I can think of several factors: initial engagement in IRC, running enough minis that they can find one to play when they want to, making sure scheduled events run on time, and positive experiences in #judges4you. By each of these criteria, I would vote for a different judge (for one of them, I would be inclined to consider myself at least a runner-up).

I don't think the answer is easily quantifiable, but I hope it will be a discussion point in the months to come. I certainly hope that this will not be interpreted as merely "who could copy+paste a link to mtgbr the fastest when a new player showed up."

And Sveiks, if we are considering months prior to August, I think Coboney and I have first dibs for being nearly the only active judges from January until sometime in March. Let's please only consider August, and attempt to judge by the criteria given rather than who we feel may "deserve" it.
IanStraka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I change my vote to Steveman?
Soundgarden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you for your votes so far.

Let me just say that I agree with a lot of (not all of) points that _godica pointed out.

And let me publicly anounce that I now voted for IanStraka because of his incredible competence and speed when it's about helping a player out.
IanStraka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soundgarden wrote:
Wow, thank you for your votes so far.

Let me just say that I agree with a lot of (not all of) points that _godica pointed out.

And let me publicly anounce that I now voted for IanStraka because of his incredible competence and speed when it's about helping a player out.

I voted for IanStraka for completely different reasons.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1