Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theros Block Constructed

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Theros Block Constructed Reply with quote

I couldn't find the forum section for Theros Block Constructed, so I thought this might be the next suitable place to make this thread. If I'm blind and there is a section for Theros Block decks, please move this thread to there.

With Pro Tour Journey into Nyx happening as we speak, I thought it would be interesting to see what block decks Magic-Leaguers have a preference for.

I prefer to have fun and I enjoy combo, so I'd play something like this:

CREATURES:
2 Sphinx's Disciple
1 Servant of Tymaret
1 Siren of the Silent Song
4 Sigiled Starfish
4 Kiora's Follower
4 Voyaging Satyr

SPELLS:
4 Market Festival
4 Thassa's Ire
4 Dissolve
2 Reviving Melody
4 Commune with the Gods
4 Retraction Helix

LANDS:
4 Temple of Mystery
1 Temple of Deceit
1 Temple of Malady
9 Island
7 Forest

SIDEBOARD:
4 Mistcutter Hydra
2 Courser of Kruphix
1 Psychic Intrusion
1 Reviving Melody
2 Gainsay
4 Unravel the Aether
1 Triton Tactics

The idea is to play two Market Festivals and use Thassa's Ire to generate a large amount of mana, then use that Thassa's Ire with an Inspired creature to win. I don't have a sideboard, but I do know it would contain some number of Gainsays, Unravel the Aether, and probably Mistcutter Hydra as an alternate win. The deck has a weakness to discard, so this deck probably isn't the best choice given all the decks that probably run Thoughtseize, but it is fun.

Last edited by Bejeezus on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
saurgoth

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do intend to play with this deck, be sure to test Retraction Helix. It has the potential to do much more than Voyage's End.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This combo is really convoluted. I love it lol
Terri

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need two market festivals, one kioras follower/voyaging satyr and
another card to actually win. you need to much effort to make this combo work and it can get disrupted very easily.
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terri wrote:
you need two market festivals, one kioras follower/voyaging satyr and
another card to actually win. you need to much effort to make this combo work and it can get disrupted very easily.

Yes, cards like Thoughtseize, Unravel the Aether, and Banishing Light are tough and it doesn't help that they're key cards in the format. This deck isn't Tier 1, not even close, but it is a fun alternative to the Heroic Weenie decks and the Green Midrange decks if those aren't your thing.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1