Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Protection and Bestow

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Protection and Bestow Reply with quote

I watched a video on youtube where a player had a creature with a Chromanticore bestowed on it... His opponent played a spell on that creature giving it protection from a color (in this specific situation, with Chromanticore, it's not relevant), and Chromanticore became a creature because it couldn't enchant that creature with protection...

I honestly don't recall at all any situation when a creature are already enchanted by an aura, gets protection from that color, and the aura are removed... I know that you can't target it if the creature already have protection from the aura's color, but after after being enchanted, it's new to me...

My doubts are,
Is this right? This situation are related to "bestow rules" or any enchantment is removed if the creature gains protection from that specific aura's color?

Thanks for your time and help!
sc4rs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protection from X is easiest to remember by the acronym "DEBT"

If a permanent has protection from X, it can't be:

Damaged by X.
Enchanted by X.
Blocked by X.
Targeted by X.

So indeed, a creature with protection from a color means that all enchantments of that color on that creature "fall off".

(As a side note, this is why Cho-Manno's Blessing and Pentarch Ward have the "this effect doesn't remove <this>" clause - so you can actually give the creature protection from white!)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1