Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Teampoints for trials

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Ennomd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: More Teampoints for trials Reply with quote

I think we need more teampoints for trials. It could make the trials more attractiv for players.
Canabiest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of "Rich get richer" though.
Livermush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who win trials already get byes. Doesn't make much sense.
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that raising the multiplier for trials in itself would be a positive thing because of how few people receive the points.

However, I *am* open to the idea of possibly changing how team points are given out so that all players are contributing without needing to be performing spectacularly well. This would be subject to the usual caveats (feasible to implement, site coding is abominable and so on).

If we were to go down this path, it'd require players to get together and hammer out what they want to see from it, and ideally provide staff with a plan that only requires implementation.
_Godica

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the current team system is fine (though I may be a bit biased). As long as a player can manage a win% that is not truly abysmal, they will contribute to their team.

One concern is Master participation. I may be missing something, but it looks like Masters have not been giving team points -- if I'm right about that, I would like to see it fixed. Also perhaps give every player a few extra points just for participating in a Master, so that players who cannot break the 100 individual point threshold due to activity level will still be able to receive a bye (if they are on a top team) if they regularly participate in Masters.
Gracco

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of just more points for trials a point value differential for K value would be cool.
Oppo
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think trial points are plenty as is right now.

However, not awarding points for performance in masters is a glaring hole in our team point system in my opinion. I don't think there should be participation points, but I think that top 16, top 8, top 4, 2nd, and 1st should get progressively more points. Something like 12, 36, 48, 60, 75 feels right off the top of my head.

The fact that an 8 max is more relevant to team points than a master is absurd.
_Godica

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice for top16 in Masters to get something, even just team points, because then fewer people would drop when they are out of top8 contention.

I've been on both sides of that. It sucks when I want to play for fun but my opp has dropped because we are both out of top8, and it sucks when I am in top8 contention but my breakers get wrecked because my early round opponents dropped.
___

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It would be nice for top16 in Masters to get something, even just team points, because then fewer people would drop when they are out of top8 contention.

Exactly. I don't care about team points, but anything that makes fewer people drop is good for me.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1