Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC #270 - Slivers JUDGED

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: CAC #270 - Slivers JUDGED Reply with quote

Hello everyone, thank you Thelemys for kind rating for my entry in last CAC.

My first deck when I started playing MTG was slivers starter from time spiral. So, my entry will be about slivers.

The task is: your card should be fine in a sliver deck. It should be a creature, tribal spell, or whatever you want - but this one should be definelty good in sliver decks (in other decks, it may be useful, but you should focus on slivers)
Make a card that will make sliver decks competetive Smile Something that makes you feel "oh, with that card I want to build a sliver deck!"

The judge criterias:
1) 0-10 balance, printability
2) 0-10 idea, originality, consistency
3) 0-3 techical part, clean words, rules etc.

Will judge after 15 entries or in a week.

Happy brewing

Last edited by iSperia on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Duodax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gather the Swarm U

UNCOMMON

Tribal Sorcery - Sliver

If you control a Sliver permanent, you may cast Gather the Swarm without paying its mana cost.

Search your library for a Sliver creature card, reveal it and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spawning Orb
Artifact - Mythic Rare
When Spawning Orb enters the battlefield, name a creature type.
Creature spells of the chosen type have cascade.
Even Akki children are taught how to trigger rockslides, but only master shamans know how to summon a goblinslide.

I think it's particularly useful for a Sliver deck because there are impact slivers at many CMC levels, and there are a few slivers in particular (Dormant Sliver!) that would make this card really shine.
Hephaestus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality Sliver - 1BU
Creature-Sliver Mythic Rare

Non-land, Non-creature permanents you control are Creature-Slivers with power and toughness equal to their converted mana cost.

All Slivers have "0: Return this creature to your hand"

"Those who say they've seen it are liars, those who have are dead...."

2/2
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Light Sliver. (1UW)
3/2.

All Slivers get +0/+2 and have, whenever this creature leaves the battlefield you may exile it to draw a card.
Canabiest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandible Sliver
{G/B}
Creature - Sliver
Common

Sliver creatures you control have deathtouch.

1/1
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Inbreeding 1UB
Enchantment R
When Inbreeding enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
1: Exile the top card of your library, if itís a creature of the chosen type, put a 1/1 blue and black creature token of the chosen type onto the battlefield.
Too many brothers and sisters for such a small island.

Last edited by Thelemys on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
kenny18O

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lord of disguise 3

artifact creature shapeshifter rare

Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)

as lord of disguise enter the battlefield choose a creature type.

when lord of disguise enter the battlefield put 2 0/0 colorless shapeshifter creature with changeling into the batlefield.

creature of the chosen types gain +1/+1

1/1
pantheismftw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stomoping Sliver GW

Creature - Sliver

Sliver creatures you control gain +1/+1.

Whenever a sliver you control enters the battlefield, target creature gets +1|+1 and Tranoke until end of turn.

1/1

The exact third lord needed to get GWx(x) slivers be playable in modern without anything being OP.
Drizzs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2UG
Sliver Lord(im bad at names)
Legendary Creature - Sliver
All Slivers have " 3G: Monstrosity 2"
Whenever a sliver becomes monstrous you may play a sliver from your hand without paying its mana cost, If 3 or more slivers are monstrous you may pay U if you do all slivers become unblockable

3/3
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost Experiment 2UU

Sorcery -Rare

Destroy target creature you control, put a token copy of that creature onto the battefield.

Slivers you control gain all abilities of that token creature until the end of turn.

"In their failed quest, the riptide project had left untold research behind"
shadowist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sliver Shinobi 1UB
Creature - Sliver Ninja (U)

Ninjuitsu U/B (If a creature you control attacks and isn't blocked, you may pay U or B. If you do, put ~ into play tapped and attacking and return that creature to its owner's hand)

Slivers in your hand have Ninjuitsu X, where X is its converted mana cost.

2/2

When I get hold of the wise guy who brought slivers here... -Toshiro Umezawa
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duodax wrote:
Gather the Swarm U

UNCOMMON

Tribal Sorcery - Sliver

If you control a Sliver permanent, you may cast Gather the Swarm without paying its mana cost.

Search your library for a Sliver creature card, reveal it and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Well, this makes ONLY slivercycling - we have homing sliver, but that thing did not shoot a lot
POINTS = 8+6+3 = 17 PTS

DarkofMoon wrote:
Titan Sliver 4GG
Sliver - Rare

Amplify 2

All Slivers have "Amplify 2"

"Since when are slivers THAT big?"

3/2

Well, this sliver is really big boy, but i guess cost is too big to be competetive rare. I like amplify thought.
I guess All Slivers have Amplify 2 - is incorrect, since this should apply only to the permanents on the battlefield since you did not specify sliver cards in hands
POINTS = 7+8+1 = 16 PTS

sc4rs wrote:
Spawning Orb
Artifact - Mythic Rare
When Spawning Orb enters the battlefield, name a creature type.
Creature spells of the chosen type have cascade.
Even Akki children are taught how to trigger rockslides, but only master shamans know how to summon a goblinslide.

I think it's particularly useful for a Sliver deck because there are impact slivers at many CMC levels, and there are a few slivers in particular (Dormant Sliver!) that would make this card really shine.

Yes! very good stuff we have here, specially for slivers. they like to cascade to multiply their effectiveness. I like this a lot. Well balanced cards imho. "Choose a creature type" instead of name
POINTS = 10+10+2 = 22 PTS

FromtheForge wrote:
Reality Sliver - 1BU
Creature-Sliver Mythic Rare

Non-land, Non-creature permanents you control are Creature-Slivers with power and toughness equal to their converted mana cost.

All Slivers have "0: Return this creature to your hand"

"Those who say they've seen it are liars, those who have are dead...."

2/2

Well, this card on its own makes an engine for any permanent bouncing, and useful more for ETB effects and not oriented on sliver decks i guess. Sliver here may be easyly replaced with Goat and nothing would change. Very OP effect to return any permanent to hand any time for zero mana. Words are not totally clean
POINTS = 7+5+2 = 14 PTS

BIRDYYY wrote:
Light Sliver. (1UW)
3/2.

All Slivers get +0/+2 and have, whenever this creature leaves the battlefield you may exile it to draw a card.

"...exile it instead. If you do, draw a card" should be right text i feel
3/4 for 3 mana with massive card advantage effect when present on table. I see no rarity, i guess this is a rare. Very good to slivers swarm, but i guess this one should not even give +0 +2 to be powerful. +0 +2 is overkill here
POINTS = 7 + 7 + 1 = 15 PTS

Canabiest wrote:
Mandible Sliver
{G/B}
Creature - Sliver
Common

Sliver creatures you control have deathtouch.

1/1

Simple. Clean. But not that creative and sliver swarm is not really imressed with this
POINTS = 7 + 4 + 3 = 14 PTS

Thelemys wrote:
Quote:
Inbreeding 1UB
Enchantment R
When Inbreeding enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
1: Exile the top card of your library, if itís a creature of the chosen type, put a 1/1 blue and black creature token of the chosen type onto the battlefield.
Too many brothers and sisters for such a small island.

Well.. Slivers will really like this one to fill board with presence supported by effect giving stuff (dormant maybe? Smile I like this one is balanced (i even would reduce the cost to UB)
POINTS = 10 + 10 + 3 = 23 PTS (JACKPOT)

Stucco wrote:
Hesitation Sliver....................1U
Creature - Sliver.....................U

Whenever Hesitation Sliver or another sliver creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may tap or untap target permanent.

A quick pause is a sure way to find yourself a hives next meal.

2/2

This sliver really may cast the full 1 mana hand of slivers in a turn. But im not sure that this will tribute a lot into a sliver archetype - hard to find slot for 2 mana bear that is situational. Only if a combo, but... we are not about combo here, we are about swarm
POINTS = 10 + 7 + 3 = 20 PTS

bobbytg wrote:
lord of disguise 3

artifact creature shapeshifter rare

Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)

as lord of disguise enter the battlefield choose a creature type.

when lord of disguise enter the battlefield put 2 0/0 colorless shapeshifter creature with changeling into the batlefield.

creature of the chosen types gain +1/+1

1/1

This is adaptive automaton i guess. I like the idea of puttin tokens. This man is much better in vacuum that automaton, since it have master of waves technique. I would better like a sliver that brings token, and brings more token for every other sliver entering battlefield. This one is useful in slivers, too since it is anthem + resources, but i see this text is a bit too complex
POINTS = 9 + 9 + 3 = 21 PTS

pantheismftw wrote:
Stomoping Sliver GW

Creature - Sliver

Sliver creatures you control gain +1/+1.

Whenever a sliver you control enters the battlefield, target creature gets +1|+1 and Tranoke until end of turn.

1/1

The exact third lord needed to get GWx(x) slivers be playable in modern without anything being OP.

I liked this entry so much, but you totally missed spell check. Stomoping, Tranoke = Stomping, Trample? Smile Very powerful and really modern oriented card!
POINTS = 10 + 10 + 0 = 20 PTS

ck3gds wrote:
Sliver Cartel WUBRG

Legendary Creature ó Sliver (M)

W, T: You gain X life, where X is the number of Slivers you control.

U, T: Tap X target non-Sliver permanents, where X is the number of Slivers you control.

B, T: Target non-Sliver creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of Slivers you control.

R, T: Discard X cards and draw X cards, where X is the number of Slivers you control.

G, T: Put X +1/+1 counters on target Sliver creature, where X is the number of Slivers you control.

Utility at its best.

4/4

I know this won't win, but I just wanna showcase my inner Timmy for once Very Happy

Well, this is good card to look at, maybe sliver EDH? Complex, but still ok
POINTS = 8 + 7 + 3 = 18 PTS

Drizzs wrote:
2UG
Sliver Lord(im bad at names)
Legendary Creature - Sliver
All Slivers have " 3G: Monstrosity 2"
Whenever a sliver becomes monstrous you may play a sliver from your hand without paying its mana cost, If 3 or more slivers are monstrous you may pay U if you do all slivers become unblockable

3/3

Too complex mechanics, dependencies and infinetly effect (should be done via emblem i guess?)
POINTS = 6 + 6 + 1 = 13 PTS

Raybelfast wrote:
Lost Experiment 2UU

Sorcery -Rare

Destroy target creature you control, put a token copy of that creature onto the battefield.

Slivers you control gain all abilities of that token creature until the end of turn.

"In their failed quest, the riptide project had left untold research behind"

This card is TOO expensive for what it does. It just makes a blink at sorcery speed, and maybe a combo piece for slivers (but why should slivers play creatures other than slivers to gain the effect? deck that plays such way should be all ways inconsistent i guess)
POINTS = 6 + 7 + 3 = 16 PTS

shadowist wrote:
Sliver Shinobi 1UB
Creature - Sliver Ninja (U)

Ninjuitsu U/B (If a creature you control attacks and isn't blocked, you may pay U or B. If you do, put ~ into play tapped and attacking and return that creature to its owner's hand)

Slivers in your hand have Ninjuitsu X, where X is its converted mana cost.

2/2

When I get hold of the wise guy who brought slivers here... -Toshiro Umezawa

Very well done, sir! The misscorelation is with ninjuitsu cost - it should grant U/B nijuitsu, or have (3) ninjuitsu by itself to completely meet sliver princniples (one as every one in the swarm, not one for U/B, others for (X)) But still this card impressed me a lot
POINTS = 9+10+3 = 22 PTS

SO... THE WINNER IS: Thelemys with Inbreeding
RUNNERS: sc4rs and shadowfist.
Very well done sirs Smile
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a judging very recently, sc4rs and shadowist are welcome if they want to run the next CAC.

GG all.
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIRDYYY wrote:
Light Sliver. (1UW)
3/2.

"...exile it instead. If you do, draw a card" should be right text i feel
3/4 for 3 mana with massive card advantage effect when present on table. I see no rarity, i guess this is a rare. Very good to slivers swarm, but i guess this one should not even give +0 +2 to be powerful. +0 +2 is overkill here
POINTS = 7 + 7 + 1 = 15 PTS

i did not mention rarity. I imagine it could also be a uncommon possibly. Yes it is massive card advantage, but it doesnt cause its own explosive only strong tempo reasons. unlike a Dormant Sliver combo deck. Tribal decks need strong answers to the practical WoG.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2