Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

unoffical RFT Suggestion Thread

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: unoffical RFT Suggestion Thread Reply with quote

This is simply just a place to make some suggestions if you have any for this format.
My main point is what some others have suggested...and have had many issues with over the years. Mainly with spending 30mins-hour making a deck to possibly be knocked out round 1 in under 20minutes.

Please consider making the RFT's Swiss..4 rounds even..I know it makes the tourney almost twice as long but mabye a judge that really likes RFT will commit to this. thank you for your time like usual <3
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty positive that it has been stated many times that swiss is not possible on this site in its current iteration.
Nothing is stopping the participants who want to play more to play league matches.
In order for a swiss event to be ran, it requires much more time out of not only the TC but a ratings admin. Nevermind the fact that most players won't stick around to play the extra rounds (see the master and how quickly people drop).
Hephaestus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Commit to starting 1-2 32k Minis after round 1 for the knock outs? Make it Standard procedure and the mini would be Guaranteed to be same sets so people already have there decks set.

This would take the commitment of another judge I would imagine but seems to solve the problem
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, mabye the ravnica idea you guys had back a year again? where he had week or more of the same RFT going on. such as. "this weeks RFT sets" for any minis trials
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running 32k minis is not going to happen, as 32k is reserved for the masters only. Trials are run at 24k. Minis run at 16k. Raising or lowering the k is not possible for minis.
For the running more minis of the same format, that would be up to the judge themselves. You can discuss it with a judge who is running an RFT, maybe they will bite for you.
For announcing a week of RFTs, it is possible, but could be problematic. If we have no trials, no minis are assured to be run or you may miss the few minis ran of the format. It is possible though and is something you could bring to staff (above my level). Maybe they can make it a thing that each week has new RFT sets.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1