Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 267

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
pantheismftw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Winner announced. CaC 267 SHADOWIST WINS Reply with quote

Some of these cards are way overpushed, I would like to see them but damn guide is already pushing it; some of these are bonkers. There were some real neat things that didn't win just because they would never get printed.

Stucco

Ravaging Elemental..................R
Creature - Elemental Berserker...R

Whenever a spell you control deals damage to a creature or player, put a +1/+1 counter on Ravaging Elemental and it gains haste.

It thrives in war and conflict, thrashing at anything that moves.

2/1

I really wanted to pick this one, think how sick a turn 1 guide into a turn 2 this guy+lavaspike, they are at 10 at the end of turn 2 with two cards. 10 life and staring down a 2/2 and an ever-growing 3/2. That is what it would take to make rdw a very serious ting in legacy, but would warp modern and dominate standard.

I think something like UR Pyromancer Deler Tempo would abuse this, and it would make RDW/burn even more bonkers in modern. It would prob get banned for making turn 3 kills pretty easy.

Selkie

Goblin scoundrel - R

Creature - Goblin

Mythic Rare

As ~ enters the battlefield, any player may choose to take 6 damage. If an player does, sacrifice ~.

Haste

Whenever ~ attacks, defending player may look at the top card of his or her deck. He may reveal the card, lose life equal to its converted mana cost, and put it into his hand.

Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may put a goblin from your hand with CMC 3 or less onto the battlefield.

2/1

This card is sweet, and is just what modern goblins needs to really make it tir 1. It almost is top-tir now and this may give it the push it needs. Would be great in RDW too, like guide 5-8. Just a 2/1 guide that always draws them a card if they want it, is really good. This is too good to be printed though sadly, would be bonkers in goblins and RDW alike. This is another card that would be played if if were 2 mana and is just way too good for only 1 mana. Though this card has the greatest potential to be printed among all the OP submissions in this thread,a 2/1 haste would need a drawback and not be casting free spells in order to be printed.

Canabiest wrote:
Blood Moon Cultist
R
Creature - Human Shaman
Rare

When Blood Moon Cultist enters the battlefield, target nonbasic land becomes a Mountain until Blood Moon Cultist leaves the battlefield.

2/1

Neat, anti-tron tech too. Wish it had haste, but that would be too good. I wouldn't play this over devils or lavamancer or burn. Not quite the new goblin-guide I was looking for.

Bejeezus wrote:
Goblin Lightning Striker | R
Creature - Goblin | Rare

Haste

Whenever Goblin Lightning Striker becomes
blocked, prevent all combat damage it would deal.

Whenever Goblin Lightning Striker is dealt
damage, it deals that much damage to you.

3/1

ok this is way too good too. sure it will eat a lot of bolts, but too often will slip get in for 9 vs control, especially on the play. will make turn 3 kills not only possible, but not too hard in modern. If it was a 2/2 haste I would still play it and it might have won.

Strid3r wrote:
Disciple of Purphoros R

Creature - Devil | Rare

First Strike

When Disciple of Purphoros deals combat damage to an opponent, that opponent gets an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, this emblem deals one damage to you."

"The sparks of his flame will be spread until everything is engulfed in a burning agony."

1/1

Needs haste, though this card is sweet. If I am going to play an attacky-creature without haste though I would probably play figure of destiny instead. This card could get pretty crazy after you hit 2 or 3 times, but he won't often or quick enough. Too often you will draw him when they are at 2 and be sad and he falls into the same problem as devils and mancer and is just not the card I am looking for. Nice card though, I just would have to cut devils and really don't want to for a 1/1 that does slow stuff after it attacks and needs to connect.

sc4rs wrote:
Pressure Elemental
R
Creature - Elemental - Rare
Haste
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a pressure counter on Pressure Elemental.
Pressure Elemental gets +1/+0 for each pressure counter on it.
1/1

This card is awesome. Would definitely play 4 main deck. I think it may actually get printed too because it starts off so small and takes a while to get serious.

So far you are in the lead! I would have to like something more than Pressure Elemental for it to win, I havn't even read all of the submissions yet so this post is kind of me thinking out-loud about who I decide wins and why. Great card, I dunno if it would be printed but I really hope it does. It'ts power would grow about as fast as a gofs but for 1 mana, the toughness just means it dies to anything which may allow it to be printed. Really really pushed though. May need some sort of clause like "deal one damage to you in your upkp unless you sac a land" or something.

massOass wrote:
Goblin Masochist R

goblin - creature - Rare

Haste

When ~ deals combat damage to a player, target player reveals the top card of his/her library, ~ deals damage to ~ controller equal to the CMC of the revealed card.

3/1

OK guys seriously. 3 power creatures are too good unless they have a SERIOUS drawback. Delver is really pushing it as is, this has almost no drawback for a burn deck that curves out to 2 mana. if I took 3x the CMC of the top card I'd still play 4.

ck3gds wrote:
Rockslide Surfer R

Creature ó Goblin (rare)

Haste

Rockslide Surfer gets +1/+0 for each Mountain you control.

As long as you control five or more Mountains, Rockslide Surfer has intimidate.

0/2

This is the new card in the lead, I love it. Its really pushed too but that it requires an all-mountain deck keeps it in check. I would have to cut copperline gorges if I were to run it in modern so that is sad, but I would probably do it anway because this card is great. I love the 2 toughness because fuck deathrite haha that card is lame. Surpasses Pressure elemental for doing a similar being able to power through a deathrite and a cap of becoming like a 3/2 tops ever in the decks that would really abuse it. I feel better about choosing this too because it has a much better chance to be printed.

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Tinderbox Scamp R

Creature - Human Rogue - Rare

Haste

Sacrifice a land: Tinderbox Scamp gains +2/+2 until end of turn.

1/1

Flame insane does not begin to explain his mania.

Again way too good. Would sac all lands and win turn 3 too often. If you can get 9 damage out of a creaure you only need 4 bolts to win, and you can play like 24 of them so that is just way too easy to do on turn 3.

iSperia wrote:
Magus of Doom (R)
Creature - Human Wizard (rare)
T: Magus of Doom deals damage equals to your devotion to red to each player.
1/1
The world is collapsing. Dance with me on the ruins

I guess this one is better replacement of lavamancer

Great card and indeed that would be way better than lavamancer, though less interactive/fun. Often he would start free-bolting turn 3 after dropping an ash zealot. Don't really like how it its both players, but it would need to to be printed. Would really rock in standard where it would tap to deal 6 damage often with all the BTE and reckoners about. Neat card, but I am trying to escape a lavamancer type card in favor of a goblin-guide type card.

Thelemys

Masked Goblin R
Creature - Goblin R
When Masked Goblin dies, you may discard a card at random from your hand. If you do Masked Goblin deals 3 damages to target player.
Donít throw away the mask itís so ugly it could be dangerous.

This card is not overpowered at all, not even playable IMO. You have to discard at random and will so often just be discarding a bolt you could have easily paid for or else a land you really needed. Maybe if it had haste but I would not play this as is.

Raybelfast wrote:
Grazi, Master Thief R

Legendary Creature - Goblin - Rare

Shadow

If an opponent has an artifact with cost 3 or greater enter the battlefield, exile that artifact and exile Grazi, Master thief.

3/1

3/1 for 1 is really good, but could maybe see it if it had a pretty big drawback. This instead has shadow and gets rid of wurmcois and pods for free. WAY too good for real wtf haha. Might as well make a 5-damage lightning bolt and a 2 mana ball-lightning while you are at it. This would still be played at leas in sideboards at 3 mana.

Drizzs wrote:
Goblin Cheerleader R

Creature - Goblin - Rare

Haste

Whenever Goblin Cheerleader deals Damage to an Opponent
reveal the top card of your library, if its a goblin card, Exile it.

If Goblin Cheerleader is put into a graveyard from play, you may
remove it from the game. If you do put all Goblins Exiled by
Goblin Cheerleader into your hand. You may play those cards this
turn without paying their mana cost

2/2

This card is sweet, would be bonkers in Goblins and great in RDW for sure. I think it is overpowerd though, guide is a bit pushed and he draws people cards left and right. Would love to see it, and it is a great card but this would not be printed so you cannot be the winner. I guess I should have specified that I was looking for a card that could actually be printed. If we are not going to do that we might as well make a 23/23 trample haste for 1.

Balaviaris wrote:
Akroan Scout R

Creature - Human Scout // Rare

Haste

Creatures with power lower than your devotion to red cannot block.

2/1

This card is awesome, but even just a 2/1 haste with no drawback would be way too good for 1 mana, this card also is way too good. If it was 1R I may still play it over Keldon Marauders, and it would be the new best card in standard rdw by a longshot even at 2 mana.

shadowist wrote:
Bloodthirsty Gremlin R
Creature - Goblin Warrior (C)

Haste
When ~ attacks, it gets +1/+0 until the beginning of the next end step.

1/1

Ok this is it. Great way to make a new guide without being OP. I wanted to pick one of the cards that grew, but they were both a bit too good to be printed. This card is really really pushed and is better than goblin guide for sure, but it may actually see print.

This is the card I would most love to play with so far, another goblin guide so I can more often have a t1 attacking for 2 damage. I just don't draw guide every game sadly. I think they could print this, and people may need to play more electrolyzes and pyroclasms but its not too good to see print, just as close as you can get to that line without crossing it. I was thinking of stuff far more complicated than it needed to be. This should probably be a 0/1 that gets +2/0 to not be quite so pushed. I'll take it though, good work! Sort of confusing because goblins and gremlins are two different creature types, I would probably

I could see a goblin grinning in the shadows grinning slyly with blood on his lips like he just ate something he shouldn't have.

[qu1ote="pseudodespot"]Summit Elemental R

Creature - Elemental (rare)

~ gets -1/-1 for each non-mountain land on the battlefield.

4/4

Nature's argument for higher ground.[/quote]

Great card and nice flavor, would love to test this over over Vexing Devils. However I really wanted to see a new goblin guide, not a fat beater. Would maybe see play, or at least sided for the mirror. It is really bad though how he just auto-dies after they lay their 4th non-mountain.

GreenBear wrote:
This really does confirm my opinion of rdw players.

I am not exactly sure what your opinion is, but there were some retardedly overpowered submissions in this thread for real.

I am thinking most of the people submitting those crazy ones are not RDW players because otherwise they would know how over-the-top unrealistic they were being.

Guide is the best card in the deck even over lightning bolt and its drawback is huge but worth it for a moterfucking 2/2 haste for 1 mana. So often he gets in there for 4-6 damage before an opponent has a chance to spend mana and a card to deal with him; that is some unmatched efficiency straight up. Sometimes he deals like 10 damage as I am then able to use my burn on creatures to keep clearing him a path, Goblin Guide is king. I would play a 2/1 haste for R that just straight drew them a card when it attacks and be excited about running 4 MD. I am not even sure there is a drawback large enough to cope with the power of a turn 1 3/1 hasted beater on the play because that is just stupid.

Great submissions and props to SHADOWIST for getting as close to OP as possible without crossing over. That probably wouldn't be printed, but it may after the power creeps up a tiny bit more. I would just love to see it, it is exactly what I was wanting even if a tiny bit OP.

I guess really should have specified that I wanted to see a card that actually as the potential of being printed in the collectable trading card game of Magic: The Gathering. I assumed that it was implied.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, who won?

GG all
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad, that red can't destroy lands.... Oh wait!

Kind *cough*Blood Moon*cough* regards.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion there are two types of red deck wins player.

1. The guy who plays it because it's a fairly cheap option, he recognises its not the best or most skillful strategy. Yet he feels, that it is better to play a simple deck perfectly or close to perfectly than a more complex deck badly. This player is quite rare.

2. The guy who always play's this strategy, as its the only deck that can cover up for his terrible play and lack of decent mental faculties. This player always thinks he is a lot better than he actually is, he does not recognize his inability to succeed with any other deck, as perhasp hes not that good. He will continue to cast madcap skills on turn 2 on his 2/2 cackler, into 2 open red white, black mana, even after the opponent took pain to play a shock land the previous go, for the rest of his life. This player is very common.

Last edited by GreenBear on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total
pantheismftw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowist with Bloodthirsty Gremlin R
Creature - Goblin Warrior (C)

Haste
When ~ attacks, it gets +1/+0 until the beginning of the next end step.

1/1

Still seems a bit OP, but netter than many submissions.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

next CAC?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2