Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC #265 - JUDGED

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah as a dual it would have been stronger. I on purpose made it weaker, because it looks and reads so much nicer. For this way of card design (less is so much more) there is more to be done.
The winner also has good tendencies in that direction. But your wish of the card being cheaper is just wrong. It does totally bonkers stuff in an advanced board state.
The only thing I dislike about the winner is that it is oppressive AND wins the game on its own. It is not just lock piece but also a wincon on the same card. I would have costed it BBBBBB. But that is just me.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not fall totaly in love for one card. I know i picked a discutable one, I choose flavor here.

As I said, I would have prefered (Stucco is right):
Quote:
Bubonic Plague 2BB

Enchantment (R)

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, for each non-land permanent that player controls, s/he sacrifices it unless he pays 1 life.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't normally comment on marking even if I think it was poor but this was so abysmal. I have to comment.

How old are you 8? Cause if your not god you must be thick. I have never seen such rubbish marking ever. You offer no criticism at all just, a grade, why even make a fucking specification if your not going to use it at all. My numbers are all wrong and back to front also. Pathetic. So are other people's some are graded out of 2 some 3 others 5.

What really takes the biscuit, is the card before which is clearly based on fact or fiction, you say is a remake of gifts when its not DUH! But your fine with that then my card which clearly is a redesign of the gifts concept you have an issue with LOL!
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry Greenbear but your card was the one I liked least.

I think you missread the marks. Everyone has points on 4 criteria.

You got 12 points because I found your card not enought simple (criteria 2/) and I disliked the overall flavour (criteria 4/):

Quote:
1/ give a choice to your opponent like Browbeat, Vexing Devil or Bitter Path...

2/ is clean, simple

3/ is not overpowered, the card must be printable

4/ has a flavourfull design, any comments on how it was created and/or would be played may give you the lead

Quote:
1/5 (you gave choice

2/2 sorry not the level of a wotc card

3/4

4/1 sorry, not enought original
TOTAL 12

And for your information I'm 34 year old, I have two kids and I have some fun during week-end with my friends so I can be tired at 11pm on sunday's evening.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you've marked some people's cards like 2/5 for one criteria others 2/2 some 4/4 others 4/5 for the same criteria. Most the scores do not add up correctly. I'm sorry that what I said came across harsh. But I do have some legitimate reason's.

There are a lot of error and flaws in your marking, to the point it was almost ridiculous. I don't normally care, but to tell me my card is not up to wotc level, when you provide this level of marking really pissed me off.

Also it's enough not enougth. I guess this was just not your best effort, I really liked my card, I'm fine if you don't and provide some good reason's. So I can see where I went wrong but I didn't really get that. Then I started noticing all the little error's. Meh it's silly to argue over something like this anyway lol. rant over.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wait its not 1/5 or 2/4 that's the question, that makes things better though it was not very clear.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it. And most of the time I love my cards and they don't win cause only the judge opinion maters.

BTW I'm french so I make lot of english mistakes despite my efforts and Google Translate.
Selkie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So close!
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, why did you not write
Quote:
Vexing counter - UU
Instant - Rare
Counter target spell unless any opponent lets you draw 3 cards.
“Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take can sometimes be the most painful...”
― José N. Harris
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2