Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC #265 - JUDGED

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: CAC #265 - JUDGED Reply with quote

Guys, I won last CAC with a game changer that gives your opponent(s) options.

So, in this CAC I ask you to make a card that :

1/ give a choice to your opponent like Browbeat, Vexing Devil or Bitter Path...

2/ is clean, simple

3/ is not overpowered, the card must be printable

4/ has a flavourfull design, any comments on how it was created and/or would be played may give you the lead

Good luck!

Last edited by Thelemys on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Selkie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vexing counter - UU
Instant - Uncommon

Counter target spell unless any player lets you draw 3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a counterspell, it's strong. As card draw, it would be broken. The question facing your opponent becomes "Is my spell resolving worth my opponent getting three card?" - Not an easy one.

As for the person casting it, it's frustrating because it's not quite a hard counter, you never know if you'll actually manage to counter the critical spell when you need to.

Last edited by Selkie on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsettled Debt WBB

Sorcery

Put the top 5 cards of your graveyard into two piles, an opponent chooses one. Put that pile into your hand and exile the other.

"Not even Death can save you from your debt"
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowledge Denied UUX - instant (mythic rare)

Search your library for up to X different cards, reveal those cards, choose target player other than yourself, that player choose's two of the revealed cards and puts them into your graveyard, put the remainder of the cards revealed this way into your hand.

'Sometime's you must give a little away, the trick is never revealing what your opponent actually needs to know.' Jace

Obviously inspired by gifts ungiven which was one of the most skill intensive cards ever. However I decided to turn it into an X-spell version which is much less powerful in the early to mid game but completely back breaking in the late game. This is clearly a build around card which will probably inspire archtype's based around this card and lots of bullets.

Last edited by GreenBear on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:50 am; edited 3 times in total
sc4rs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kidnapper's Ploy
1B
Sorcery - Uncommon
Choose target creature your opponent controls. Your opponent may sacrifice two other creatures. If he or she doesn't, he or she sacrifices the chosen creature.
"If they fall for the trap, we kill them both. If they don't, we get to torture this one to death. It's win-win!"
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mutarealm

Land (uncommon)

Mutarealm enters the battlefield as a basic land of target opponent's choice.

A soil that fights your presence is always an uncontested source of power.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exemple from WOTC:

iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox Charm - UR
Instant (uncommon)
Each of your opponents choses: Paradox Charm deals 3 damage to him or her; you draw two cards; or the next spell that player casts cost (2) more to cast
Of three evils choose the least
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go go go
I won't eat you
sc4rs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(yes he will)
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvis was the same.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will judge before end of the week-end.
shadowist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubonic Plague 3BB

Enchantment (U)

At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, for each non-land permanent that player controls, s/he sacrifices it unless he pays 1 life.
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

massOass: that wont work as you wish
Creatures will not die untill spell resolves (=> SBE check), so you will not draw cards most of time (unless you occasionally killed creatures before casting this spell)
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/ give a choice to your opponent like Browbeat, Vexing Devil or Bitter Path...

2/ is clean, simple

3/ is not overpowered, the card must be printable

4/ has a flavourfull design, any comments on how it was created and/or would be played may give you the lead

Selkie wrote:
Vexing counter - UU
Instant - Uncommon

Counter target spell unless any player lets you draw 3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a counterspell, it's strong. As card draw, it would be broken. The question facing your opponent becomes "Is my spell resolving worth my opponent getting three card?" - Not an easy one.

As for the person casting it, it's frustrating because it's not quite a hard counter, you never know if you'll actually manage to counter the critical spell when you need to.
1/5

2/5

3/3,75 I see a problem with multiplayer and I'm not shure about the power

4/4,25 I like the concept a lot
TOTAL 18/20
Raybelfast wrote:
Unsettled Debt WBB

Sorcery

Put the top 5 cards of your graveyard into two piles, an opponent chooses one. Put that pile into your hand and exile the other.

"Not even Death can save you from your debt"
1/5

2/5

3/3 Gifts Ungiven shadow is here

4/2,5 I see a strong card here, good thing that you don't choose cards in the graveyard
TOTAL 15,5
GreenBear wrote:
Knowledge Denied UUX - instant (mythic rare)

Search your library for up to X different cards, reveal those cards, choose target player other than yourself, that player choose's two of the revealed cards and puts them into your graveyard, put the remainder of the cards revealed this way into your hand.

'Sometime's you must give a little away, the trick is never revealing what your opponent actually needs to know.' Jace

Obviously inspired by gifts ungiven which was one of the most skill intensive cards ever. However I decided to turn it into an X-spell version which is much less powerful in the early to mid game but completely back breaking in the late game. This is clearly a build around card which will probably inspire archtype's based around this card and lots of bullets.
1/5

2/2 sorry not the level of a wotc card

3/4

4/1 sorry, not enought original
TOTAL 12
sc4rs wrote:
Kidnapper's Ploy
1B
Sorcery - Uncommon
Choose target creature your opponent controls. Your opponent may sacrifice two other creatures. If he or she doesn't, he or she sacrifices the chosen creature.
"If they fall for the trap, we kill them both. If they don't, we get to torture this one to death. It's win-win!"
1/5

2/4

3/4

4/3,5 I don't realy like the card, but I think it's a good card
TOTAL 16,5/20
Stucco wrote:
Desolation Ravager...................2BBB
Creature - Nightstalker..............M

Intimidate

At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent may choose to lose 3 life. If they do, Desolation Ravager can't attack this turn.

Safety hinges on doors marked with the blood of the righteous.

7/7

Would love to see a few night stalker cards again
1/5

2/5

3/5

4/1 Desecration Demon speaks here. I don't find your card enought creative
TOTAL 16/20
pseudodespot wrote:
Mutarealm

Land (uncommon)

Mutarealm enters the battlefield as a basic land of target opponent's choice.

A soil that fights your presence is always an uncontested source of power.
1/5

2/5

3/5

4/1,5 Why in the world did you forgot to make a biland here? With opponent choosing two colors instead of basic land type you would have won
TOTAL 16,5/20
iSperia wrote:
Paradox Charm - UR
Instant (uncommon)
Each of your opponents choses: Paradox Charm deals 3 damage to him or her; you draw two cards; or the next spell that player casts cost (2) more to cast
Of three evils choose the least
1/5

2/5

3/5

4/2,25 The idea of a charm is cool but the way you did it is not very new/creative
TOTAL 17,25/20
shadowist wrote:
Bubonic Plague 3BB

Enchantment (U)

At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, for each non-land permanent that player controls, s/he sacrifices it unless he pays 1 life.
1/5

2/5

3/5

4/3,75 I like the idea, I love the flavour. I would have prefered a 3 or 4 CC and 'at the beginning or each player's upkeep' but... you win
TOTAL 18,75

Selkie was very close to victory, but finaly shadowist wins! GG all, hope next CAC will see more cards Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2