Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC #261 Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Canabiest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: CAC #261 Judged Reply with quote

sc4rs wrote:
Shrug Off
1U
Instant - Uncommon
Return target spell to its owner's hand.
"Maybe another time. I'm busy right now." -Ral Zarek

Not a direct references in the mechanics or name but in the flavor text only. Shrugging something of seems like a thing Ral Zarek might do. The spell seems core set printable, even with stalling "can't be countered" that additional utility makes it more interesting I would say.
6/10

Selkie wrote:
Venser's Reponse UUU

Instant - Rare

Return target spell or permanent to its owner's hand.

*witty flavor text referencing venser*

Yeah close to the one directly above you. But a little different in function and reffering to another walker. The very heavy blue might not fit Venser who was also white in one incarnation perfectly but the cost seems allright for what the spell does.
5/10

Stucco wrote:
Hero's Procession.................WW
Enchantment..........................U

When Hero's Procession enters the battlefield, put two 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control a planeswalker named Elspeth, return Hero's Procession to its owner's hand.

Amid the cheers and exaltation strode a savior, a figure of hope in a war-torn land.

I think you could have even gone with "as long as you control Elspeth" because planeswalkertype are something that can be referrenced too and it would not need the name.
This fits with Nissa's Choosen in being an allright if color intensive card without the walker and becoming and engine with her. Helps with protection at that point. Not that Elspeth really needs the help.
7/10

pseudodespot wrote:
Sarkhan's Rite 3RR

Sorcery - uncommon

Target player may sacrifice a creature. If he or she does, he or she puts a 5/5 red Dragon creature token with flying onto the battlefield.

As I told you before, there are two ways to worship the ancient. I will introduce you to the second one now. Relax, the spirit will come upon you soon.

Changing creatures into dragons is something that Sarkhan does for sure and it fits red well enough. The target player in most cases will be you. So it is a 5/5 flyer for 5 with a drawback. Seems very good at uncommon. Especially since the trade should almost always be worth it in limited games. Or most of the times at least.
Still fitting.
6/10

Bejeezus wrote:
Nissa's Essence | 1GG

Sorcery - Uncommon

Each Elf creature you control gains "T: Add G to
your mana pool."

"Nature will give just as much as it will take."
- Nissa Revane

The spell works for the walker as she is Elf tribal.
Being a sorcery however and not saying that it ends at end of turn or putting any reminder on the affected Elfs makes it very complicated and unprintable. As a socery or with a "till end of turn" phrase it might be working.
3/10

iSperia wrote:
Agent of Vraska - BBGG
Creature - Human Assasin (rare)
Whenever Agent of Vraska enters battlefield or dies, target player sacrifices a creature.
Deathtouch
The network ofa agents responsible for clearing path to real victim
1/1

As a rare this could possibly be around in our hypothetical coreset, even as something heavily multicolored.
It is a very good defensive card, most likely a two for one. But for that cost that is not exessive.
The flavortext, some grammar errors aside, fits as well.
7/10

Raybelfast wrote:
Living Nightmare 2UB

Enchantment - Rare
At the beginning of your upkeep exile the top card of your opponents library, if a card has already been exiled this way put that exiled card into the graveyard.

You may play cards exiled with Living Nightmare for as long as you control Living Nightmare.

"Bring me your dreams, so that I may convert them" Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver

What I said about multicolored rares.
It is a complicated card but does something similar to Ashiok and the flavor seems to work I guess. Not too sure about what that walker is about yet.
Not completely sure about the name but it is not something that would distract points.
The whole card seems loosely connected though and could have been done without being multicolor.
6/10

coboney wrote:
Tibalt's Fury 1RR
Instant - Uncommon
Tibalt's Fury does damage to target player equal to the number of cards in that player's Hand
Tibalt often lost his temper with those who spent too much time thinking...

A tweak of an existing concept. But the more agressive cost is cool as well as the Instant speed. It is conditional after all. Works with Tibalt's flavor and mechanics too.
8/10

thelemys wrote:
Domri best friend, inspired by stomping ground flavor:

Quote:
Angry Roots 1G
Creature - Plant
Defender
1R: Angry Roots loses Defender until end of turn, if it dies this turn you may put it on top of its owner's library.
“Maybe you think our camp is protected by a little bush? In fact you’ll face an army.” - Domri Rade
3/4

Very agressively costed with the recursion. Mostly under a limited point of view. Might be a bit too much. The reference is a bit more obscure but works for me. Still the power level is a bit of a concern for me.
5/10

ck3gds wrote:
Magma Cliffs

Land — Mountain (rare)

(T: Add R to your mana pool.)

2RR: Magma Cliffs becomes a 4/4 red Elemental creature that's still a land. (This effect lasts indefinitely.)

Not a direct reference. Even if I would see a relation to Koth if he was in the same set. Also a strictly better Mountain. So nothing that would see print really.
2/10

Strid3r wrote:
Tibalt's Furnace | Rare

Planeswalker Land - Tibalt Mountain

You may play this card as a land or as Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded.

I am not sure how this would work from a rules stand point. Or if I would want it to work. For sure not printable. A Furnace also doesn't seem like the first place Tibald would hang out.
It is outside the box for sure though. So props for trying.
2/10

The winner is Coboney
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1