Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 256 Judged.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Create a Card 256 Judged. Reply with quote

Brief challenge: Make a Theros Demigod.

Go!

Edit: To clarify, I am looking for the outstanding two colored gods.

Also sorry for the misleading wording of the contest, my bad.

Last edited by pseudodespot on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Philomena, Dana´ds' Sister 2U
Legendary Creature - Demigod R
Hexproof
As long as your devotion to blue is less than four, Philomena can't attack.
U: Target land becomes an island until end of turn.
2/4

art: http://igorkieryluk.deviantart.com/art/GP-Valencia-playmat-408652959

Last edited by Thelemys on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Livermush

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorean, Of Thunder and Lightning | 2UR
Legendary Enchantment Creature - Demi-God (Mythic)

Creatures you control gain flying.

As long as your devotion to blue and red are two or less, Thorean, Of Thunder and Lightning isn't a creature.

1R, sacrifice a creature you control: Thorean, of Thunder and Lightning deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

5/4
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iroas Godsbane
2RW
Legendary Enchantment Creature - Demigod - Mythic Rare
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile another target enchantment.
As long as Iroas Godsbane is on the battlefield, colored mana symbols in enchantments exiled with him count toward your devotion.
4/4
"My father Purphoros abandoned me, as he has abandoned Akros. Join me and we will show them who truly rule Theros."

Flavor based off Priest of Iroas, which destroys enchantments as "a blow struck for Iroas" - leading me to believe he is against the gods for some reason.
aule

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argolos, Demigod of Battle | 2WR
Legendary Enchantment Creature - Demigod | M
Creatures you control get +0/+2 and have Vigilance.
As long as ~ is a creature, creatures you control get +2/+0 and have first strike.
As long as your devotion to red or white is less than 3, ~ isn't a creature.
5/4

Last edited by aule on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
mana

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian of the Void 2XX
Legendary Enchantment Creature - Demigod

Whenever your devotion to any color is one or more, ~ isn't a creature.
Whenever a spell is cast, counter that spell if its mana cost is X.
X/X
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamotero, God of Growth 1(g/w)(g/w)
Legendary Enchantment Creature - Demigod

Kamotero's power is equal to the number of Forests you control.
Kamotero's toughness is equal to the number of Plains you control.

GW, T: Search your library for a basic land and put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.

*/*
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keranos, the Fickle 2UR

Legendary Enchantment Creature - Demigod [Rare]

Indestructible

As long as your devotion to blue plus your devotion to red is less than 5, Keranos isn't a creature.

2UR: Target player draws 2 cards, then discards two cards.

4/3

-----------

Keranos, as referred to in the flavor text of Lightning Strike.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kruphix, God of Time UUGG

Legendary Enchantment Creature - God (Mythic)

Indestructible

As long as your devotion to blue or green is less than 5, Kruphix isn't a creature.

Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, you may put a land card from your hand to the battlefield.

1UU: Target permanent doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.

5/5

Last edited by Balaviaris on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pharika's Reaper - 2BG
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God Snake
Deathtouch, Reach
When [this] enters the battlefield, for each creature card in your graveyard, search your library for a creature card with the same name, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.
Discard a creature card: regenerate Pharika's Reaper
3\4
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ăthier, 2GW

Legendary Enchantment Creature - God
Flying

Indestructible

Whenever your devotion to W & G combined is over 5 Ăthier is a creature

Whenever your devotion to W & G combined is over 10 all other creatures lose flying.

6/6
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of silence here Very Happy
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raybelfast - Aethier

The wording needs some overhaul. But you captured the essence of this contest better than most. Dunno what was wrong with the task to have this few responses. Anyway your devotion is quite easy to switch on. Especially hybrid mana will make this easily into a 6/6 indestructible for 4 mana. That being said I really like your take on a second devotion clause. Why exactly losing flying doesn't really become apparent to me.

iSperia - Pharika's Reaper

Why don't you make Pharika herself? Aside from its good stats (not amazing, but decent) the etb effect is rather ridiculous when timed well. Especially since you can chain them into each other with the legend rule.

Balaviaris - Kruphix, God of Time

This is what I had in mind with this contest. Finding out one of the nine doublecolored god's names isn't that hard. Also the brave ones could have gone for a Xenagos-god version.
Your devoution is hard to get, but Kruphix helps a lot himself, nice compromise. Note that manafixing in Theros isn't the best therefore this concept might not be the best in terms of actual gameplay, but we never know what there is to come in terms of fixing.
The first effect of him is rather weird. The explore-ish concept is not that useful. Most attacking UG decks don't really need many lands beyond the fourth. The second one is alright. Your abilities fit the colors perfectly, just don't work well together.

ShamedShadow - Keranos, the Fickle

Demigod doesn't fit the type line.
Again the rather easy to acquire devotion makes this a well under costed beater. Thankfully you have scaled the whole thing back on raw P/T.
As its ability you went for the most obvious. But Keranos as the god of trickery is afaik already 'confirmed' so this is fine.
And yes you had the correct name.

yajiko - Agnela, diety of blood

So this is what Xenagos is going to displace in BoG. Do I read this correctly, that if your devotion is turned on, she is NOT a creature anymore? If so the card is pretty shit. That doesn't appeal to no one save the most wicked johnnies who will simply play her in a deck that never reaches that devotion. What I like is, that the rather annoying though flavorful indestructibility of gods is turned on when your devotion hits 5. That is a good change for game play and a bad one for flavor.
And again, really easy to achieve devotion. Especially with Burning-Tree Emissary. A card no one plays......
The counter granting is something i would have expected in GW but GR seems like the third best fit after GU. Over all your card is well prized but kinda misleading in a lot of places.

xJudicatorx - Kamotero, God of Growth

Isn't it "Karametra"? And yes same argument with the creature type.
Your take on going without devotion is something that needs getting used to. I doubt this will be done. I had in another forum the RW god designed with P/T equal to your devotion to r/w. It turned out rather broken, but who cares if the boros colored god has the biggest muscles?
Temple Garden will be your god's best friend. Very fitting connection if you ask me. In a format without these duals your card is incredible weak. It wouldn't have hurt to make it indestructible as well.

mana - Guardian of the Void

Can I say this is weird beyond salvation? You forgot a means to "remember" the value of X.
Also you pay 4 mana for a 1/1 if you have any colored mana symbol in play or for a chalice on 1. If you ask me that isn't particularly strong. Also didn't you see my edit?

Stucco - Arduinn, Demigod of the Wilderness

Another Xenagos Precursor. You solved the devotion problem best. This is mathematically the same as the variant of the main gods, but with the twist of having to get half-half ideally.
As pure stats are concerned you might have gone slightly overboard. Fervor with regeneration for anybody is pretty powerful and you get a potential 4/5 for 3 as well? That is all a bit too awesome imho.

aule - Argolos, Demigod of Battle

With so many making actual demigod creatures I will take responsibility for not explaining well enough what I was up to. The intention was to design the multicolored lesser gods, using the term demigod must have been misleading.
The doubling of vigilance with Heliod is unlucky and adding the pseudo-anthem doesn't make it look much better. That being said I like how you divided that +2/+2 in a passive part, when the god is turned off and a +2/+0 when the party has been started.
You used the same devotion clause as stucco, or rather he used yours, which is hard to tell with only 5 minutes between the entries I kind of have to assume you both got the same idea.

sc4rs - Iroas Godsbane

Aside from it being a 4/4 for 4 with no relevant protection its triggered ability is rather powerful. Uncontested this thing takes over the game in a dramatic fashion which is hard to recover from.
Also it is always turned on doesn't care about your devotion at all yet even makes his own. That is odd. While judicator went away from devotion too he used a proper replacement even if that turned out a bit weak. Your card is by no way a god. It could work as a random priest just as well.

Livermush - Thorean, Of Thunder and Lightning

This god is also too easy to summon. And you get a 5/4 flier for 4? Sweet! Or rather not, since this thing can also fling its allies for the rest of the needed damage. While I can appreciate the concept of a god for tempo decks, this is just plain too powerful. There is nothing wrong with what the cards wants to do, I actually think your concept of abilities is the most well rounded of all entries, but you need to work on the scales.

thelemys - Philomena, Dana´ds' Sister

Heck that thing is oppressive. Sorry but this card should never see print this way. If you manage to keep ahead in mana this can lock non-blue decks completely out of the game. And it has shitproof as on top of the first dilemma? Adding Insult to injury isn't going to result in fun magic, so I better just forget about this card.
Btw, why does it turn lands into islands? It doesnt even have islandwalk or does indicate in any other way why this is beneficial to you. Since it cares about blue devotion it already entices you to run lots of islands so you won't profit from this ability much.
Might sound hard, but this is the worst entry.

Also sorry for the reversed order of judging.

This is a tight race between aule and livermush with Livermush winning by a hair width because of the most rounded concept. His god only needs some developent of the numbers but works as intended. There are many good ideas in this contest but the winner god his fitting the best together.
Third place goes to stucco, fourth to Balaviaris.

happy thanksgiving to those who actually celebrate this. Smile
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gg all
my blue "bloodmoon" was too powerfull, no pb with that.
go next!
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I guess I've said it in my head all along, good catch

I disagree about the creature type not fitting the type line, but meh
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2