Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Magic-League tournament on Cockatrice!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

You think you will be present at a Magic-League tournament on Cockatrice?
Yes, because MWS sucks.
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
No, I'm afraid of changes.
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Alex_UNLIMIT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it's clear that you aren't cockatrice players.
When you unlock the sideboard, it's showed! THERE IS A [CENSURED] PADLOCK BETWEEN YOUR USERNAME AND YOUR DECK CODE WHEN YOU DON'T USE THE SIDEBOARD, AND WHEN YOU SIDE-IN, EVEN IF YOU SIDE-IN NOTHING, EVEN IF YOU SIDE-IN BEFORE G1, THE PADLOCK GOES AWAY!
What are you waiting for?
Livermush

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex_UNLIMIT wrote:
Ok, it's clear that you aren't cockatrice players.
When you unlock the sideboard, it's showed! THERE IS A [CENSURED] PADLOCK BETWEEN YOUR USERNAME AND YOUR DECK CODE WHEN YOU DON'T USE THE SIDEBOARD, AND WHEN YOU SIDE-IN, EVEN IF YOU SIDE-IN NOTHING, EVEN IF YOU SIDE-IN BEFORE G1, THE PADLOCK GOES AWAY!
What are you waiting for?

Listen, dude, Weedmonkey said that when the new site is out, it will have cockatrice support. Until that time, you cannot upload your deck on the site AND GET A COCKATRICE SECURITY CODE.

It is important to be able to do that because the tournaments run on the site's side.

It's great that you really appreciate the cockatrice program, but quit annoying people here: you're only making matters worse for your case.
Alex_UNLIMIT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it makes me angry that people say stupid things to defend MWS.
How long must we wait for the new site?
_Godica

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me angry that people say stupid things to promote Cockatrice.

First of all, there HAVE been Cockatrice-only tournaments held on MWS, JC Strainer ran them fairly often a few months ago. I personally did not participate, so I can't say how they went, but right there the entire premise of your thread is destroyed.

As for why I did not participate -- I find Cockatrice to be a very poorly-designed program. Both the deckbuilding and game interfaces make terrible use of screen real estate. Maybe if I had a giant monitor I'd like it, but to play on my 14-inch laptop is a nightmare.

No one is forcing you to play on MWS -- go play on Cockatrice if you prefer. But even if Cockatrice were universally better than MWS, which it is not, the all-volunteer staff of ML have not yet implemented the necessary infrastructure. Perhaps you would like to volunteer your coding skills? If not, please stop complaining that a service which is offered completely for free is not quite the way you would like it to be.

Last edited by _Godica on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Alex_UNLIMIT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Godica wrote:
It makes me angry that people say stupid things to promote Cockatrice.

I know, only because is evident that's better than MWS.
Livermush

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*facepalm*
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, if it isn't clear before, let me make it now:

1. This is not a matter of which is the better application. Magic-League does not require players to use a specific application to play on here, whether it be casual matches, league matches, or tournaments. This is as a result of our agreement with Wizards of the Coast not to support or endorse any one play application. Cockatrice-only tournaments cannot be run, and any judge who does so will find themselves having to explain why they have chosen to breach this agreement.

2. When I mentioned the three constraints on what we allow players to use for tournaments, that is solely for the purposes of tournament play. From my discussions with JC_Strainer, it seems that the only thing that is left that would prevent Cockatrice from being used in tournaments is security code generation by the Magic-League website for tournaments for players to cross-check.

3. As I mentioned in my first post on this thread, I am more than happy to have a go at adding security code generation for so that Cockatrice can be used for tournament play on Magic-League also. However, I require the algorithm that Cockatrice uses to generate security codes before having a crack at this.

4. For the new site, staff all have their own lives to attend to in addition to their volunteer work on Magic-League. I haven't spoken to the member in charge of developing the new website in some time, but if it is not ready yet then it means that the staff member is either busy or has other circumstances in their life preventing it from being ready for launch.
Livermush

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weedmonkey wrote:
Okay, if it isn't clear before, let me make it now:

1. This is not a matter of which is the better application. Magic-League does not require players to use a specific application to play on here, whether it be casual matches, league matches, or tournaments. This is as a result of our agreement with Wizards of the Coast not to support or endorse any one play application. Cockatrice-only tournaments cannot be run, and any judge who does so will find themselves having to explain why they have chosen to breach this agreement.

2. When I mentioned the three constraints on what we allow players to use for tournaments, that is solely for the purposes of tournament play. From my discussions with JC_Strainer, it seems that the only thing that is left that would prevent Cockatrice from being used in tournaments is security code generation by the Magic-League website for tournaments for players to cross-check.

3. As I mentioned in my first post on this thread, I am more than happy to have a go at adding security code generation for so that Cockatrice can be used for tournament play on Magic-League also. However, I require the algorithm that Cockatrice uses to generate security codes before having a crack at this.

4. For the new site, staff all have their own lives to attend to in addition to their volunteer work on Magic-League. I haven't spoken to the member in charge of developing the new website in some time, but if it is not ready yet then it means that the staff member is either busy or has other circumstances in their life preventing it from being ready for launch.

Tell her we demand that sweet, sweet pink goodness.

And to keep up the good work.
shadowist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I support Cockatrice, I do not condone shoving it down our throats when it has the lone but significant 'problem'. I'd give more info, but Weedmonkey has already covered everything.

That being said, Godica, Cockatrice has a better decklist and play interface than MWS, as everything is intuitive and convenient. And it crashes less and recoverable when it does crash. I'm sure Strainer is working hard to implement Cockatrice on the ML webpage. Weedmonkey, if you believe you can do it faster than Strainer, I will send you the relevant files. I could help out too and I have a former TA who is an expert on security. However, I'm very pressed for time right now and probably wouldn't be able to help out.
_Godica

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point was merely that "Cockatrice > MWS" is a subjective statement, and one not universally agreed upon. To take that as a postulate in developing ones argument is erroneous.
___

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play with cockatrice almost as often as I use MWS.
Cockatrice is horrible to me.
The interface is terrible, as Godica said, also there are many features (i do not remember all of them) that just do not work, like the tokens: you need to create/choose from the full list one of them each time, it memorizes only the last one you made during the game (ctrl+g).
Livermush

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

___ wrote:
I play with cockatrice almost as often as I use MWS.
Cockatrice is horrible to me.
The interface is terrible, as Godica said, also there are many features (i do not remember all of them) that just do not work, like the tokens: you need to create/choose from the full list one of them each time, it memorizes only the last one you made during the game (ctrl+g).

Actually, the part about the tokens isn't true. I figured that one out a while back, but have sense forgotten it.

The only thing I hate about cockatrice is that the playing interface is really bad. When I try to play with cockatrice, it just doesn't look pretty. Mws looks way better.

On the plus side, when I play with cockatrice, it doesn't crash, and besides, cockatrice has a lot of features that I really love.
StarWolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's clear that the tyrannical oppressors running magic-league have a pro-MWS agenda. They're receiving money from the overlords who develop Magic Workstation, which is why they banned the use of Apprentice and why they literally force you to use MWS, and endorse it as the sole acceptable magic the gathering program. It was all revealed by Julian Assange on wikileaks, but the magic-league staff censors anyone who mentions this. In fact I'm sure this post is in danger of imminent deletion since the staff have no tolerance for dissent. Spread the truth.
StarWolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post was deleted by an administrator.

Last edited by StarWolf on Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starwolf, I admire the troll, but we use green text, not red.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3