Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Magic-League tournament on Cockatrice!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

You think you will be present at a Magic-League tournament on Cockatrice?
Yes, because MWS sucks.
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
No, I'm afraid of changes.
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Alex_UNLIMIT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: First Magic-League tournament on Cockatrice! Reply with quote

No, I'm joking, but I think isn't a bad idea. You never given a chance to Cockatrice, even if it's better than MWS. I've read absurdity by MWS players like: "deck codes can be easly cheated on Cockatrice", and other strange things. Confused
I'm not here to talk about the reasons for which Cockatrice is better than MWS.
Can an organizer of this site make the first tournament on Cockatrice? If you don't give a chance to Cockatrice, you will never understand which is better. The same I can say for the everyday life, dudes.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is not which is better. The question is which one is technically possible to use on magic-league. Cockatrice decks upload is not there, thus no Cockatrice tournaments so far.
Alex_UNLIMIT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decks can be uploaded on the server.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope.
Alex_UNLIMIT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emh, yes. Can be uploaded on the cockatrice's server.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But not to magic-league.com, which is why there's no upload to generate deck codes which is why there's no users with cockatrice yet.
Alex_UNLIMIT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the problem. All users can have their deck code on cockatrice.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But noone can verify what their code *should* be. magic-league doesnt have any place to generate cockatrice codes of .cod files
_Godica

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accuses MWS players of absurdity, fundamentally misunderstands the problem with using Cockatrice.

Also some of us have tried Cockatrice, and understand that, though it doesn't have the same flaws as MWS, it's still a pretty suboptimal program.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, in addition to the things that these other players have told you, there is still the same problem I told you on facebook. MAGIC LEAGUE CAN NOT FORCE PLAYERS TO USE A PROGRAM. I don't know how to explain it any more simply than that, or how to make you understand if you still don't get it. If you like cockatrice, that's fine, but we 100% can never ever ever ever force other people to play it.
Pokemaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic-league forces people to use MWS by not adding a code generator to site.
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cockatrice is on the new M-L website. I'm happy to take a shot at adding the seccode generation algorithm for Cockatrice into the current website, but I'd need the algorithm before I can take a crack at it.

The reason why it wasn't added to the current site was twofold: 1) the current side code is atrocious. Even some as simple as changing advertising banners is something that took me two hours to figure out (although not as long now, obviously); 2) The new site already has Cockatrice codes ready to go on it, so there was no need to burn the time due to the new site's expected launch.

The only other point I want to make is to second xJudicatorx's point on applications. We do not require players to use a specific application to play on Magic-League. Players can use any application they wish, so long as it 1) provides security code algorithms that generate consistent codes for the same deck (which Cockatrice's did not when I first looked at it a couple of years back, but now apparently has been fixed), 2) provides plain text log files of a match, which can be saved and uploaded, 3) lets players know at the beginning of a match whether cards have been moved between the main deck and sideboard.
Livermush

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weedmonkey wrote:
Cockatrice is on the new M-L website. I'm happy to take a shot at adding the seccode generation algorithm for Cockatrice into the current website, but I'd need the algorithm before I can take a crack at it.

The reason why it wasn't added to the current site was twofold: 1) the current side code is atrocious. Even some as simple as changing advertising banners is something that took me two hours to figure out (although not as long now, obviously); 2) The new site already has Cockatrice codes ready to go on it, so there was no need to burn the time due to the new site's expected launch.

The only other point I want to make is to second xJudicatorx's point on applications. We do not require players to use a specific application to play on Magic-League. Players can use any application they wish, so long as it 1) provides security code algorithms that generate consistent codes for the same deck (which Cockatrice's did not when I first looked at it a couple of years back, but now apparently has been fixed), 2) provides plain text log files of a match, which can be saved and uploaded, 3) lets players know at the beginning of a match whether cards have been moved between the main deck and sideboard.

Speaking of new sites, is the hot pink theme ready to go?
Alex_UNLIMIT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
But noone can verify what their code *should* be. magic-league doesnt have any place to generate cockatrice codes of .cod files

Perhaps we have not understood, cockatrice can generate the codes, you don't know?

Pokemaster wrote:
Magic-league forces people to use MWS by not adding a code generator to site.

Yeah. Very Happy

Weedmonkey wrote:
2) provides plain text log files of a match, which can be saved and uploaded

There is the replay, the replay, the replay.

Weedmonkey wrote:
3) lets players know at the beginning of a match whether cards have been moved between the main deck and sideboard.

Ermh... Why? Confused

I will remember that if you lose the connection on Cockatrice, is not like MWS, because the game remains saved. Judges can also watch the match.
___

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex_UNLIMIT wrote:

Weedmonkey wrote:
3) lets players know at the beginning of a match whether cards have been moved between the main deck and sideboard.

Ermh... Why? Confused

Because you could pre-SB your deck, knowing what the opponent is playing.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3