Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theros Sealed

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
GaryOak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Theros Sealed Reply with quote

3 Out of the top4 from the trial played blue/green. and all 4 played blue. Coincidence? What do you guys think is going on?
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tournament before trial only 2/8 played islands - their records are 0-1; so i claim this to be coincedence;

theros as each other modern set is well balanced for limited, and there are plenty of archetypes, not all of them include blue cards; all is dependent on the six boosters that support some kind of this archetype
Ethren

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Theros Sealed Reply with quote

¿Where can you see the decklists of the trial?

Thank you!
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zendikar was about as balanced as fox news, avacyn was similarly awful the rest of the modern magic expansions have all been acceptable to good.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Theros Sealed Reply with quote

Ethren wrote:
¿Where can you see the decklists of the trial?

Thank you!
here
pg8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every limited format has a best color/pair. RTR was GW, GTC was RW, DGR was any Gatecrash guild except UB, M14 was blue. It looks to me like blue is the best color in Theros. Nothing wrong here.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their is best colour and then zendikar best colour where 6 out of 8 drafers are black and one of the black drafters end's up winning the event. Take's a lot of the skill out drafting as any idiot can ignore all signal's and just force a colour. I'm not saying it's like that it probably is not, but wizards do mess up the balance of power between colours in limited from time to time.

However this is far to soon and based upon far to little data to be taken seriously.
pg8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the impression that someone in this thread didn't like Zendikar very much.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fine with it early on before everyone was drafting mono black. But by consensus itself and avacyn are the two worse limited formats ever, largely due to the disparity in power levels between colours.

I call zendikar block, Is that it block? In reference to how long the game's last. After Zendikar draft I had new found empathy for women who complained about sex not lasting long enough.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1