Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U/b Thassa aggro

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Halldir

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: U/b Thassa aggro Reply with quote

Hey guys, i would like to hear comments and ideas for this deck. Actual problems/thoughts:

- better 2-mana creature than Shipwreck Singer (which, suprisingly, is not so bad at all, test before comments pls)

- better, much better sideboard

+ ofc any ideas and comments welcomed Smile

// Lands
4 [GTC] Watery Grave
4 [THS] Temple of Deceit
11 [M14] Island (1)
5 [M14] Swamp (3)

// Creatures
4 [GTC] Cloudfin Raptor
4 [RTR] Frostburn Weird
4 [RTR] Judge's Familiar
4 [GTC] Nightveil Specter
2 [THS] Shipwreck Singer
4 [THS] Thassa, God of the Sea
2 [RTR] Desecration Demon

// Spells
2 [THS] Bident of Thassa
3 [THS] Dissolve
2 [GTC] Dimir Charm
2 [RTR] Syncopate
3 [THS] Hero's Downfall

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M14] Lifebane Zombie
SB: 2 [DGM] Notion Thief
SB: 3 [M14] Tidebinder Mage
SB: 2 [DGM] Woodlot Crawler
SB: 2 [THS] Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
SB: 3 [M14] Doom Blade
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid deck. I see you have a very strong sb against rg aggro. I'm not convinced about your match up vs rdw, however master of the waves should help with this. Most the removal is red atm so I think you can even justify main decking him. Deck seem's perfect for him, can cause total blow outs with trident. If you can get your rdw and rg match up good, it appears to me you already have a solid deck for beating control.

Also I would not view Shipwreck Singer as a 2 drop, I agree its a pretty good card. But your not playing it for its stats but rather its abilities. So view it as one of your long game cards.
Halldir

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i play him also as another 2cc creature that allows thessa to be creature on turn 4 Smile
+ abilities are good, yes, but costs mana that is needed for creatures/counters...
atm testing duskmatnle seer instead of demon and it looks promising:)
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you provide more info with your deck for us? Like why did you choose judge's familiar as a 1 drop, etc. Just more details on some choices as this is a new breed of archtype. Smile
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean from a standpoint of your curve it should not be viewed as a 2 drop, as sort of like sign in blood, it does not have any real impact on the game when you play it.
___

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No master of waves? Seems the only reason to try U aggro, else it becomes a worse RG/GW.
I would cut 1 thassa and 2 demons to make space for at least 3 copies.

Bident of thassa feels like win-more. Doesn't refill your hand if you're behind, it works only if you already have a board and can attack your opponent.
Try Jace architect of thought.

Find space for Thoughtseize SB.
It's your only hope to beat supreme verdict decks.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1