Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome to Boros Deck Wins

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Welcome to Boros Deck Wins Reply with quote

This deck was completely made by and is copyrighted by Birdyyy himself. This list is vers 1.0 and made within 20minutes. Hasnt lost a game yet, also havent played vs control yet either.

So this decks purpose is to anti meta vs aggro, but still keep its speed and relevent cards vs control or midrange.

Main Deck :
3 Chained to the Rocks
2 Shock
4 Warleader's Helix
4 Magma Jet
4 Lightning Strike
4 Boros Charm
2 Rakdos Cackler
4 Firedrinker Satyr
3 Young Pyromancer
1 Soldier of the Pantheon
3 Boros Reckoner
2 Chandra's Phoenix
3 Spark Trooper
11 Mountain
5 Plains
2 Temple of Triumph
4 Sacred Foundry

Sideboard:
2 Soldier of the Pantheon
1 Anger of the Gods
4 Peak Eruption
2 Imposing Sovereign
2 Fiendslayer Paladin
4 Skullcrack

Few notable cards and explanations.

Chained to the Rocks:
This card is just flat out one of the best removal spells made in a long time, worst case scenario they are gona use an abrupt or dsphere on this card..or waste a sideboard spot for it.

Young Pyromancer:
I see why hes so overrated and playable, im mainly using him as a 2drop/eat removal spell kinda thing...u know if everyones thinks hes that good, might as well run 3x to scare someone with it :p
Also when control starts really getting around enough, anger of the gods/verdict is just gona eat this card alive.

Firedrinker Satyr:
Some may disagree with this card, but its versitility vs any matchup makes it a very good 1drop. Figure vs aggro hes gona be a jackel pup with the firebreathing...not the best but not the worst, you make up for it with 1 of 7 massive lifegain spells. And vs control or midrange, its gona be a solid 1drop with firebreathing poke at any point in the game, u gotta completely assume they are gona be half ur life total by the time ur feeding this guy mid/late game if it gets that far.

Never really wrote an article about a deck I made, but figured id just give it a try to help myself rethink the format and to mabye help someone struggling with any of the top 8 decks.
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your record in the trial was 0-1 drop with a boros deck. Any explanation behind why you have not lost a game yet?
Also, this is not even close to an article if you are saying this is one. This also is extremely borderline with the forum rules, so I am going to ask that at the very least you give more explanation about your deck. Your explanation of cards only listed a few obvious boros deck wins cards but does not mention anything about the unusual choices for spots.
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moscowdemon wrote:
Your record in the trial was 0-1 drop with a boros deck. Any explanation behind why you have not lost a game yet?
Also, this is not even close to an article if you are saying this is one. This also is extremely borderline with the forum rules, so I am going to ask that at the very least you give more explanation about your deck. Your explanation of cards only listed a few obvious boros deck wins cards but does not mention anything about the unusual choices for spots.

whoa, never heard someone post their deck and be extremely borderline with the forum rules...Yes I had won game 1 in Master, and had to forfeit and drop. I normally see people post their decks which close to 0 explanations of anything and never get a comment like that^ =/
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a rw deck with helix and chained to the rocks has merit in the current environment. But I do not think aggro is the way to go with it. Both seem like strong splashes for a big red deck to me. That with the monsterous 4/5 dude reconer, the hammer should create a good midrange deck. I'm sure there are other cards in theros also but I wouldn't know as I mot playing magic atm I'm just talking from experience.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like this

2 Shock
4 Chanined to the rocks
4 magma jet
3 lightning strike
3 mizzium mortars
4 boros reconer
2 hammer of purphos
1 spear of helliod
4 Ember Swallower
4 War Leaders Helix
3 Storm Breath Dragon
1 Elspeth Sun's Champion
4 Temple of Triumph
4 Sacred Foundry
5 plains
10 mountain
2 muta vault

sb
3 burnished hart
1 glare of Hershey
2 Heloid god of the sun
4 anger of the gods
3 Peak eruption
2 Ray of dissolution

Your relying of scry monsterous and hammer for your long game. Not sure how well Elspeth fits the deck. Burnished Hart is a card to keep in mind as the deck is quite mana hungry. Also looking through the spoiler RW has a ton of good sideboard options.

Also sax part of life is learning to take constructive criticism nothing unconstructive has been said, the only person who come's across as a jerk in this thread is you.

I like deck building and when I see a deck that has merit I like to help people with it. It's probably the part of magic I most enjoy. Maybe I like drafting more but that's once again because what drafting is, is building a deck. I've been building decks since mirrodin the original one with good old skullclamp thoughtcast and myr retriever.

Last edited by GreenBear on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you've not offended me no apology needed. Moscowdemon on the other hand I do not know.

Right what your missing is by asking for an explanation they are actually helping. Because it gets you to think about the deck and why you are playing cards. Now fair enough I think an explanation of why you play lightning strike is a waste of time. However unusual card choices are very useful to explain as often the magic community is not receptive to them.

You may have a good reason and seen something in a card other people have not. You may have just picked a weak card for poor reasons. But unusual cards do merit an explanation. As do unusual omissions.

On the deck I built, it's just the way I would make a deck with chained to the rocks, magma jet and warleaders helix, they are all great control removal spells. But not so great in aggro, where helix is to slow, jet always good but I see it as a control card, chain to the rocks, would probably be better being burn in aggro deck like you said. So you can ever remove it like you did or do what I did and change other aspects of the deck.
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know it really means alot to me because ive been having alot of trouble with all of these, literally about to just give on these forums and stop encouraging others to really be a part of this site if we are gonna continue getting this from a highend judge on here.

Thank you
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdy Moscowdemon was genuinely trying to help. There was no need for him to say you went 0-1 drop in the masters with the deck and that was not the best way to start of what he was going to say. The rest was constructive.

Follow this link it is an example of a really well write and explained article http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/about17544.html that's pretty much the A grade standard. You will see that it is received really positively, If you put similar effort into your work. You will get the same response.
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I would like to say I was simply pointing out what I thought may have been an error in his post, so I was looking for more insight on that. If it is wrong of me
Second, me asking for more explaining isn't me being a dick. I am a forum moderator and was asking for more explanation for a GOOD purpose. Having you give more detail helps US see why you made the choices you did and helps YOU perhaps see flaws you might not have noticed before or give you a better handling of your deck idea. This is all positive.
Third, if you find something offensive, I have told you before you can contact derflippi about it and he will handle it. There is nothing wrong with me trying to regulate the forums according to the guidelines we already have posted.
If Sax or BIRDYYY have a problem, they can contact me or derflippi if they wish to not talk to me about the problem.
Also, Sax mentioned how a deck might be built on a budget, and I wish to acknowledge that and state that the forum rules specify that budget decks will be moved to the casual forums. Giving someone a list of how you would build a deck ALSO is helping in that it displays other concepts with an idea and can provide insight on possible cards that one person did not look at yet.
No matter what, someone will ALWAYS take offence to posts online, regardless of how helpful someone is looking to be. The main goal here is to openly take any suggestions and attempt to give reasoning behind your personal choices. The more solid your argument for your choices, the better your deck will be for you.

In short, all I am looking for as a forum mod is for more details behind a post, not only to meet guidelines but also to help us all help you.[/quote]
gdhack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inappropriate comments are detrimental to the site as a whole.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIRDYYY wrote:
you know it really means alot to me because ive been having alot of trouble with all of these, literally about to just give on these forums and stop encouraging others to really be a part of this site if we are gonna continue getting this from a highend judge on here.

Thank you

Birdyyy have you noticed that you have the same problem each time? Moscowdemon is not just jumping on your case to be a dick; there are rules to follow and he is trying to get you to follow them rather than just bump your deck to casual or delete the post. Just posting 75 cards doesn't really tell us anything at all. so put more information, and be willing to listen to suggestions as well as give your opinion on things.

gdhack, get back under your bridge
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1