Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card #243

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging maybe?
pg8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iSperia
Quote:
Memory Defragmentation - 3U
Instant - rare
Put cards from your library into your graveyard untill two instant or sorcery cards are put into graveyard this way. Put these two cards into your hand.
Let's see... Needed spell is placed in these sector of brains as i remember... - Axir, the lobotomist

I like Inspiration in limited, so this would actually be pretty good. Cool card, but a bit too good in limited to fit the challenge.

mana
Quote:
AEther Shielding U
Instant - R
Counter target spell. If it's countered this way, sacrifice all creatures you control.

This one is suitably bad in limited, but nuts in every constructed format. Too OP.

Flippi
Quote:
Witchhunter Rogue - G
Creature - Human Rogue (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have less life than an opponent, that opponent gains control of Witchhunter Rogue
Creatures your opponent control have hexproof
3/2

Love this card. I have no clue whether Ghazban Ogre +1 is playable in modern limited formats, but I love how both drawbacks can both be upsides. Sweet card.

Steveman
Quote:
Quadrasphere (rare)
Artifact
As long as Quadrasphere is untapped, each spell that would cost less than four mana to cast costs four mana to cast.
"Thanks Obama"

No.

thelemys
Quote:
Taken XB
Sorcery R
Search target player's graveyard, hand, and library for x creatures with converted mana cost 5 or more. Exile them, then that player shuffles his or her library.
In the infernal valley, the best go first.

I'm not really sure what to make of this card. In constructed, it seems much worse than a Thoughtseize effect until maybe x=5 or so. In limited, x=3 will actually take every single 5-drop out of their deck. I think that's an okay mid-late pick, and insane if you know your opponents have 5-mana bombs.

shadowist
Quote:
Determined Slaying (B/R)
Instant R
Determined Slaying cannot be countered by spells or abilities.
Exile target creature with converted mana cost of 1 or less as though it does not have shroud, hexproof, or protection.
Draw a card.
Add B or R to your mana pool.

I feel like the best comparison here is Mental Misstep. Misstep hits Brainstorm, this draws a card but is blank vs creatureless decks. I think the "can't be countered" is absolutely overkill. I'm really tempted to call this broken, but I also hate Slippery Bogle and Deathrite Shaman. I think this card would be absolutely fine, definitely playable, and possibly format warping even without one of the three extra unnecessary abilities and it loses some points for that, but still a very interesting card.

huntergatsby
Quote:
Master's Meddling 2UB

Sorcery (MR)

Draw two cards. If you have more than 10 cards in your hand, you may play a card from your hand without paying it's manacost.

"Call in the mops! It's going to be a long night!"

Divination + extra black is fine. Another card that I think is more likely to be good in Limited than Constructed, where 4-mana card draw should either be instant or green.

pseudodespot
Quote:
Acceptable Burden UUU

Sorcery (rare)

Target opponent puts cards from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard until his or her library contains exactly 20 cards.

Deal with that, I know I can.

I like this card a lot. Absolutely limited unplayable, a constructed powerhouse, and useless in multiples. I could see this easily seeing print and play, and it makes for some interesting deckbuilding decisions.

sc4rs
Quote:
Spoil the Harvest
BR
Sorcery - Uncommon
Destroy target nonbasic land unless its controller discards two cards.
Either way, you starve.

Ooh, nonbasic land hate and the punisher mechanic. I think this is the most powerful punisher I've seen, since both effects are powerful early and weak later. I think it's an appropriate power level too and well-costed.

Stucco
Quote:
Blessing of the Immortal.............WW
Enchantment -Aura....................U

Enchant Creature

Enchanted creature gets +1/+1.
If enchanted creature is an enchantment, it gets +1/+1.
If enchanted creature is legendary and an enchantment, it gets +1/+1 and can't be blocked by creatures with power 3 or less.
These effects are cumulative.

Interesting card. It's definitely a playable aura if you have a Legendary Enchantment Creature to put it on. Not really sure how relevant that is, though? Possibly better if the third ability didn't require it to be an enchantment.

Mrrr
Quote:
Stasis Rod - 1

Artifact- Uncommon

You may choose not to untap stasis rod during your untap step.

2: TAP; tap target non-basic land, it doesn't untap during its controllers untap step for as long as stasis rod remains tapped.

Ooh, more mana denial. This one looks sweet, definitely a constructed-only-playable card. I'm a sucker for Trinket-Mage-able things too. Apparent power level is balanced by the weakness to Abrupt Decay too. Good card.

Domine
Quote:
Urban Behemoth BG

Creature - Behemoth

You can't cast Urban Behemoth unless an opponent controls a nonbasic land.

4/4

Uncommon.

Oh cool, Tarmogoyf at uncommon. Reminds me of Hidden Herd, but a ton more powerful.

ShamedShadow
Quote:
Devil's Design URB

Instant [Rare]

Exile target spell. Search its controller's library, graveyard, and hand for all copies of that card with the same name and exile them. Then do the same with your library, hand, and graveyard.

If I can't have it, nobody can!

I like this card. Of course your opponent would have to search your library and hand, but w/e. I think this may be another case of not unplayable enough in limited though, as 3-mana counterspells are still fine.

ck3gds
Quote:
Raving Rabid 1R

Creature Hound (rare)

Haste

Whenever Raving Rabid deals combat damage, it deals 2 damage to you.

4/2

How exactly is a 4/2 for 2 bad in limited?

Some sweet cards, but a lot of them lost points for being good in limited and not really meeting the challenge. The winner is pseudodespot with Acceptable Burden. Runners up are CMA-Flippi and Mrrr.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gg all go next
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2