Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 238 JUDGING!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: CaC 238 JUDGING! Reply with quote

iSperia wrote:
Mirran Engine - (5)
Artifact (mythic)
Metalcraft - at the beginning of your end step, if you control three or more artifacts, draw a card.

Creativity: 4/5
Flavor: 6/10
Printability: 3/5
Total: 16/20

This should be a Rare, and should cost 4. Otherwise, I like it.

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Sword of Anger and Recovery (3)
Artifact - Equipment (M)
Equipped creature has +2/+2 and protection from red and white.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, destroy target land and you lose all poison counters.

Creativity: 3/5
Flavor: 7/10
Printability: 4/5
Total: 14/20

There's no equip cost, but we all know it should be Equip 2, so I'll let it slide. On the one hand, the destroy target land is really good. On the other, the lose poison counters is not going to affect a normal match, so really this sword only has one ability.

warwizard87 wrote:
Corruption purge

1www

Sorcery

Chose one: remove all poison counters from all players; or remove all -1/-1 counters from all creatures; or destroy all creatures with Infect.

With a motion Karn cleansed the landscape and removed the phraxian oil that corrupted his creation.

Printability: 2/5
Total: 12/20

This card is both versatile and very specific at the same time. Printable, but not necessarily playable. I don't know that this necessarily fits in with the whole theme of overcoming an overwhelming force. This is just one spell, and you win against an entire army of multicolored foes. Not sure that Karn is that powerful.

JC_Strainer wrote:
Bosh, Savior of the World (4MMM)
Legendary Artifact Creature - Golem (M)
(M can be paid with either 1 or by tapping an untapped artifact you control.)
Trample
When Bosh, Savior of the World enters the battlefield, exile all nonartifact, nonland permanents.
Bosh, Savior of the World gets +1/+1 for each card exiled this way.
3/4
"And so it happened that a single Golem saved our world from destruction."

Creativity: 5/5
Printability: 0/5
Total: 11/20

This guy is busted. Busted as hell. The deck you would want to play this in is obviously artifact aggro, so he's going to hit the field more often than not on turn 3 or 4, and be at least a 5/6 when you do so. 5/6 (or more) on turn 3/4 with removal attached? Too good.

thelemys wrote:
Metallic Invasion 1
Artifact U
2, Sacrifice Metallic Invasion: Put two 1/1 colorless Myr artifact creature token onto the battlefield.
There is power in numbers...

Printability: 5/5

I really don't see anything wrong with this card. It isn't particularly impressive though.

Mr_Weebles wrote:
Mirran Triumph - 2W
Sorcery (Rare)

Exile target creature.

Metalcraft - If you control three or more artifacts, you may exile all creatures instead.

The might of machines has won this day.

Flavor: 8/10
Total: 17/20

I like this card. A lot. The thing that gets me is that the Metalcraft is a "you may", so it's extremely versatile. Exile their biggest threat, or reset the game. Good job.

Stucco wrote:
Kemba's Framea.........................2
Legendary Artifact - Equipment.....M

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage, put a charge counter on Kemba's Framea. If equipped creature is legendary, instead put two charge counters on Kemba's Framea.

Creatures you control have Battle Cry for each charge counter on Kemba's Framea.

As the Kha roared, the ferocity of the leonin left no Phyrexian standing.

Equip 1

Printability: 0/5
Total: 11/20

This card is so busted it made my brain hurt to read it. If its condition was "deals combat damage to a player" it would be a bit better, but even still. Not for that mana cost.

Steveman wrote:
Glissa Purified (Mythic Rare)
3GG
Planeswalker - Glissa

+1: Destroy target artifact. It can't be regenerated.
- 3: You may put an artifact card from your hand onto the battlefield.
- 6: Put all artifacts in all graveyards onto the battlefield under your control.

Starting Loyalty: 4

Creativity: 5/5
Printability: 1/5
Total: 13/20

So. The -3. It bothers me. Especially with cards like Blightsteel Colossus in existence.

Domine wrote:
Brightsteel Dragon 7

Artifact creature - Dragon

Flying

Pure (this permanent can't be enchanted, can't have counters placed on it, its card types, subtypes, power, toughness and colors can't change by the effects of other cards)

In order to survive the infection, darksteel evolved, like a living organism, it developed the tools to adapt —Clagg, mirran researcher

6/6

Rare

Creativity: 2/5
Flavor: 10/10
Total: 15/20

It's a 6/6 flyer for 7. And that "Pure" ability already exists. It's called Shroud. I do, however, like the idea of Darksteel evolving to deal with Phyrexia.

ck3gds wrote:
Norn's Stragglers 2W

Creature — Cleric Soldier (uncommon)

Infect

Sacrifice Norn's Stragglers: Norn's Stragglers deals damage equal to its power to each attacking or blocking creature target player controls.

1/3

This card is good. And brave, considering that this set is about the Mirrans. There had to be some leftover Phyrexians though, so good job representing that.

Canabiest wrote:
Beaming Soulwarden
Artifact Creature - Cleric
Common

{WM}, T: Tap target creature. ({WM} can be paid with either {W} or {2}. If you pay {2}, gain 2 life.)

1/3

"We thank the soulwardens for raising our spirit of rebellion, to topple the opressors." - Mirran Hymn of Gratitude

Total: 12/20

Not much to say about this one. Decent entry.

sc4rs wrote:
Reclaimed Core
Land - Uncommon
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
1, T: Put a colorless Slag artifact token onto the battlefield under your control.
"So even the heart of our world has recovered."

I like this card, even though it's just a metalcraft enabler.

pseudodespot wrote:
Mirran Restorer 2W

Creature - Human Artificer (uncommon)

Lifelink

Metallurgy 2 - When this enters the battlefield choose up to two target non-land permanents. Those permanents are artifacts in addition to their other types for as long as you control Mirran Restorer.

2/2

New and shiny.

Total: 13/20

Another metalcraft enabler. I don't think it necessarily needs the keyword "Metallurgy" though.

Raybelfast wrote:
Memnarch Reborn (6)
Artifact creature

Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery you may pay 2, if you do you may copy it, choose a target for that copy.

2/5

Creativity: 2/5
Flavor: 5/10
Printability: 2/5
Total: 9/20

There's no rarity or creature type on this card. Also, his ability does not fit at all. I think it should be related to metalcraft in some way.

niknight wrote:
Darksteel Relic -- 0
Artifact - Equipment

Indestructible
Equipped creature gains Battle Cry.
Metalcraft - Equipped creature gains indestructible.

Equip 3

I love this. Darksteel Relic did nothing, and I think reflavoring it into something useful since the Mirrans are winning is perfect.

huntergatsby wrote:
Memnarch's Madness 4UUU

Sorcery (MR)

Gain control of all artifacts on the battlefield. (This effect doesn't end at the end of turn.)

"After Memnarch failed to become a planeswalker, he tried to take the world by brute force."

It's powerful, and it fits with Mirrodin. I don't recall what exactly happened to Memnarch, but if he returned - especially if he was corrupted by Phyrexia - I could see this happening.

Not a lot of really amazing entries, but I do like the direction a lot of you went with your cards.

Winner is Mr_Weebles with Mirran Triumph. Congrats.

Go go next.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go next!!!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1