Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 233 (Judged)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
brianhri
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temple of Hatred BB4

Enchantment-Rare

When (name) enters the battlefield choose a creature type.

Whenever a creature of the chosen type enters the battlefield, it's controller pays X or sacrifices that creature. (X is equal to the number of creatures of that type on the battlefield.)
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadly Similarities 1B

Instant - Uncommon

Destroy two target creatures with a same word in their text.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Domine -
Corrupter of Identify
This is a 4/3 "can be blocked only by artifact creatures" which is good, but given the recent trend of WotC powercreep not too OP. The ability is very flavorful for its name/flavortext. In.

aqualad33 -
Galion, The Intimidating
Basically, the enemy can never attack with more than 2 creatures anymore. I think this card is indeed very strong. In.

warwizard87
Burning Animosity
Once you have the opponent down to 1 creature, he is practically defeated. Out.

NearSideMoon
Racial Tensions
Too obvious. Out.

sc4rs
Labyrinth of Solitude
It doesnt wipe the board out completely, is inneffective against single-creatures. It works best against swarms. Good idea. In

Stucco
Officer of Public Relations
Way too weak. It makes the 4th creature less useful. The most probable use of this card is to abuse it yourself with 187 cards. Out.

thelemys
Cycles of Nature
This card has 2 effects which don't fit together I think. Simply leave out one of the abilities and you'd be in next round. Out.

Mrrrr
Thraben Purger
Too obvious. Out.

ck3gds
Insignia of Disharmony
This card doesn't decrease the use of tribes. It exterminates any tribe decks. Out.

Epic-Juzam37
Fall to Darkness
Wording/template completely off. Out.

Dr_Moo
Single File
It's similiar to Galion, the Intimidating. It's not too obvious and weak enough to stay a minor card. Yet I can see how it decreases the amount of tribal strategies in Standard. In.

Bairdsy
Intercede
There exists a Flashback card like this already and it has never seen play anywhere. Out.

huntergatsby
Plague of the Swarm
Too obvious. Out.

ShamedShadow
Blood Bond of the Brotherhood
I like it for some reason. Although it's similar to Cycles of Nature, it doesn't feel awkward like. In.

JacobMatthew
Dredge/Allegiance
Card Dredge exists already. Our card is pretty complicated. So many ifs. I dont think many players would grasp it. Allegiance is fine, but the black part is really off. Out.

Unbearable
Temple of Hatred
Too obvious. Out.

Balaviaris
Deadly Similarities
WORD INDICATOR. Not gonna happen. Out.

This leaves a top group of
Blood Bond of the Brotherhood,
Single File,
Labyrinth of Solitude,
Corrupter of Identiy,
Galion the Intimdating.

I think Galion would not see play because of tribes. It would see play because it's generally good.
Single File won't have much of an effect on the metagame.
Labyrinth of Solitude wouldn't see much play either.

This leaves me with Blood Bond of the Brotherhood and Corrupter of Identity as finalists.

Blood Bond won't make tribal decks get played less. If you have many 2/1 lifelink Vampires, that's also good.

The winner is Corrupter of Identity. It's good enough to see play in general, but also makes tribe synergies worse.

Domine shall post the next challenge!

[/i]
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?text=+[word]
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2