Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GW Humans


Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Author Message
gdhack



Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 118

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: GW Humans Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
11 [RTR] Plains (3)
4 [RTR] Temple Garden
4 [M13] Sunpetal Grove
4 [AVR] Cavern of Souls

// Creatures
1 [M14] Banisher Priest
4 [DKA] Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 [M13] Knight of Glory
4 [ISD] Champion of the Parish
4 [FBP] Silverblade Paladin
4 [M14] Imposing Sovereign
4 [M13] Sublime Archangel
4 [ISD] Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 [ISD] Mayor of Avabruck/Howlpack Alpha

// Spells
2 [FNM] Rancor
2 [M14] Brave the Elements

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M14] Banisher Priest
SB: 2 [M14] Brave the Elements
SB: 2 [AVR] Nearheath Pilgrim
SB: 3 [M14] Celestial Flare
SB: 4 [M14] Fiendslayer Paladin


Any advice for the deck testing our fairly decent.
Back to top
Livermush



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 319

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you talk about your deck and what the matchups are. Posting only a decklist and a request for help is a good way to get your topic deleted.

Also, everything but Sublime Archangel looks good, I'm just not sure this archetype is tier 1.
Back to top
gdhack



Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 118

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a cookie

sublime is in here cuz she wins games Smile
Back to top
Livermush



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 319

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with your deck, you don't want to be attacking with just one creature. Best case scenario, it gets chump blocked. Worst case scenario, it gets taken out with instant speed removal.
Back to top
thedarkness



Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 580

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdhack wrote:
Have a cookie

sublime is in here cuz she wins games Smile
Oh yeah, that'll win you points with literally the only person who is offering you constructive advice, who is also the same person who told you why you're not going to get any from other people.

Relevant: if your response to constructive advice is "NO MY CHOICES ARE PERFECT AND YOU ARE WRONG," at least have the courtesy to title your thread correctly. "I Have Made The New Metagame Dominating Deck And Here It Is You're Welcome. NOT A THREAD FOR HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS."
Back to top
gdhack



Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 118

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sublime was played in alot of gw human decks and I am choosing to play it now because it wins games both late and early... Second I put the list up so ppl could see the deck playtest it and give me their opinions not tell me to put a deck spoiler and that my post will get deleted.


Make sure you talk about your deck and what the matchups are. Posting only a decklist and a request for help is a good way to get your topic deleted.


Constructed criticism at its best I tell you what.
Maybe that's why m-l has died down a lot because people like livermush tend to just say hey guys your not welcome your ideas aren't welcome unless you post an article on deck matchups and sb strategies and card choices. I would rather go to mtgsalvation or starcitygames.com tbh and post my deck ideas. Which I all ready have and I have received nothing but positive feedback on my decks. I was just posting it here to m-l see what the community thinks of the deck and possibly brew it even more.
Back to top
thedarkness



Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 580

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdhack wrote:
sublime was played in alot of gw human decks and I am choosing to play it now because it wins games both late and early... Second I put the list up so ppl could see the deck playtest it and give me their opinions not tell me to put a deck spoiler and that my post will get deleted.


Make sure you talk about your deck and what the matchups are. Posting only a decklist and a request for help is a good way to get your topic deleted.


Constructed criticism at its best I tell you what.
Maybe that's why m-l has died down a lot because people like livermush tend to just say hey guys your not welcome your ideas aren't welcome unless you post an article on deck matchups and sb strategies and card choices. I would rather go to mtgsalvation or starcitygames.com tbh and post my deck ideas. Which I all ready have and I have received nothing but positive feedback on my decks. I was just posting it here to m-l see what the community thinks of the deck and possibly brew it even more.
What he told you was true. Posting blank decklists is a good way to have your thread pruned from the forum. The fact that you think insulting the only person giving you good advice is a good plan doesn't help your case much, either.

Edit: And he didn't ask for an article. He asked for matchups. If you don't want help with the deck, why post it here? If you DO want help with the deck, why not give people an idea of WHAT you want help with? Is this seriously complicated?
Back to top
gdhack



Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 118

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your mother was a whore and enjoyed being slapped with a bit of magic.
Back to top
gdhack



Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 118

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

needless to say why comment on it then at ALL.....
Back to top
Livermush



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 319

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh.

You don't have to take it personally, but if you do, the fact that you're not willing/able to take a few minutes to talk about why you chose the cards you did and what your matchups are like probably means you haven't tested this list very extensively or aren't really sure how to explain your card choices and how they pertain to the current fledgeling meta.

Erase your last two posts and get back in here and explain your deck and tell us what the matchups are like.

If you think I'm being unreasonable, it was only a year ago that we had a guy who prowled the forums looking for threads like this. At least we're here trying to help.
Back to top
thedarkness



Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 580

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Livermush wrote:
Sigh.

You don't have to take it personally, but if you do, the fact that you're not willing/able to take a few minutes to talk about why you chose the cards you did and what your matchups are like probably means you haven't tested this list very extensively or aren't really sure how to explain your card choices and how they pertain to the current fledgeling meta.

Erase your last two posts and get back in here and explain your deck and tell us what the matchups are like.

If you think I'm being unreasonable, it was only a year ago that we had a guy who prowled the forums looking for threads like this. At least we're here trying to help.
Actually, I'm here because this guy is a dick and he doesn't deserve courtesy from people like you. Razz

If by some miracle I can change his tune with dickery, that'd be awesome, but if I can't, I'll have no regrets, because guys like him don't contribute anything to the community and are probably a large part of why it's so much smaller than it was.
Back to top
thedarkness



Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 580

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdhack wrote:
Your mother was a whore and enjoyed being slapped with a bit of magic.
Quoting this so it's here if he deletes it.
Back to top
Livermush



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 319

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking to gdhack, not you. I get that you're trying to impress upon a point. It's all cool. I've seen this guy around, usually at the release of a new set, and it tended to be much more entertaining when homedude was still here, policing the forums.
Back to top
thedarkness



Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 580

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Livermush wrote:
I was talking to gdhack, not you. I get that you're trying to impress upon a point. It's all cool. I've seen this guy around, usually at the release of a new set, and it tended to be much more entertaining when homedude was still here, policing the forums.
I know you were talking to him AND I know you know. I was clarifying for his sake, not for yours. :3
Back to top
Livermush



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 319

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedarkness wrote:
Livermush wrote:
I was talking to gdhack, not you. I get that you're trying to impress upon a point. It's all cool. I've seen this guy around, usually at the release of a new set, and it tended to be much more entertaining when homedude was still here, policing the forums.
I know you were talking to him AND I know you know. I was clarifying for his sake, not for yours. :3


Actually, I didn't know that you knew, I thought that you thought i didn't know.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy