Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modern 9man Mini Coverage

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournament Coverage
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Modern 9man Mini Coverage Reply with quote

http://magic-league.com/tournament/info.php?id=81901&view=decks

Main Deck

4 Noble Hierarch
3 Birds of Paradise
4 Spectral Force
4 Scryb Ranger
3 Tarmogoyf
2 Snapcaster Mage
2 Vendilion Clique
2 Spell Pierce
3 Spell Snare
3 Cryptic Command
2 Sword of War and Peace
1 Serum Visions
4 Mana Leak
1 Pendelhaven
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Breeding Pool
1 Treetop Village
1 Verdant Catacombs
7 Forest
5 Island

Sideboard
2 Dispel
1 Tarmogoyf
1 Krosan Grip
1 Vapor Snag
3 Relic of Progenitus
2 Nature's Claim
1 Dismember
3 Thragtusk
1 Sword of Feast and Famine

So I have never wrote any article about my experience but I will say it was a blast playing today.

Round 1
Game 1 on the play I opened with a Birds, turn 2 I played a Sword of War and Peace while he played a 2nd stomping ground into play tapped. Turn 3 I untap, play a land and equip with a spell pierce in hand. Life total is now me 24 and him 11. Next turn he scoops.
Game 2 I open with Spell Snare, Scryb Ranger as my starters, his turn 3 he goes for a molten rain on my breeding pool and Scryb of course blows it away. He continues with some removal until a Goyf of mine gets through. Boring/Simple game.

Round 2 vs Kabelis using a very interesting deck.
Game 1 he goes for a turn 2 everflowing which gets spell snared. Next turn I just play another land with only 2 mana leak, snapcaster, Goyf in hand. Turn 3 he casts blood moon which I let resolve since I already had a forest/island figure im gonna go for the long run out tempo, his Koth was spell pierced. after anicely drawn Vendillion Clique to take out his only real threat. I Continue to draw a Scryb Ranger which will help me return my only forest to hand to get GG for Spectral force.
Game 2 He goes for a chalice which gets snared again. I get a Goyf out, and then play a Vendillion Clique seeing a wurmcoil but let him keep it since I had a Krosan grip in hand for his 5th mana coming from a signet. I continue to win fast as planned.

The Finals.
Game 1 My bird is disfigured, my noble/goyf dies to verdict that cant be countered. He draws 2 from esper charm. He discards my last 2 with esper charm. Revelation and White Sun Zenith is countered by my mana leak and Spell pierce. He eventually gets me to 5 with a snapcaster and aven mindcensor and has 4 cards to my 0. I concede.
Game 2 I start with a resolved Bird and Sword War peace and start changing things around fast. He uses a timely reinforcements which was close to useless at that point. He manages to pull off the verdict while I got thrag/Cryptic/land with sword in play. I draw a goyf, and it became a game defying misplay to not just put thrag out there, who was eventually countered by his cryptic which threw off all tempo and left me struggling all game to get anything out there.

Any suggestions to this deck besides throwing it out, please gimme Wink. Im thinking a 3rd color, Black with deathrite(scryb), abrupt, inquisition of some mixture.
tyyyy
pg8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't Spell Snare an Everflowing Chalice.
FiReBLT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pg8 wrote:

I'm surprised to say that this is correct.
Kabelis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an outrage, disqualify him!
At least I'll know how kicker works now.
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FiReBLT wrote:
pg8 wrote:

I'm surprised to say that this is correct.

Yes you are both absolutely correct=/ When you play vs a card before using it, you assume it just says (X)(X) cause it plays that exact way of course. oh well. Wont happen again of course. Everflowing > signets for sure then in Modern.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournament Coverage All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1