Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 118

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Canabiest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: CAC 118 Reply with quote

Let's say the next precon decks in the style of Planechase, Archenemy and Commander will be printed for Two Headed Giant.
Create a card that would find it's home there and maybe in Legacy (does not have to be the latter) but would not be okay to come to T2.
You can write what kind of precon with what theme and strategy it would go into to explain why it should exist.
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, are we writing a whole deck, or a card that would go into said deck?
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's better if you clarify.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: CAC 118 Reply with quote

Canabiest wrote:
Create a card that would find it's home in the next precon decks printed for Two Headed Giant (in the style of Planechase, Archenemy and Commander).

That card maybe usefull in Legacy but would not be okay for T2.

You can write what kind of theme and strategy it would go into.
Good summary?
Canabiest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: CAC 118 Reply with quote

thelemys wrote:
Canabiest wrote:
Create a card that would find it's home in the next precon decks printed for Two Headed Giant (in the style of Planechase, Archenemy and Commander).

That card maybe usefull in Legacy but would not be okay for T2.

You can write what kind of theme and strategy it would go into.
Good summary?

You understood.

And yeah just name the theme or strategy no need to make up a list.
Raves

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junk Barrier - 3
Artifact - Rare

Whenever Junk Barrier or another artifact comes into play put a Barrier counter on Junk Barrier.

Opponents can't attack unless they pay X for each creature where X is the number of Barrier counters on Junk Barrier.

Remove 2 Barrier counters, sacrifice an artifact: Return another artifact from your graveyard to your hand. Play this ability only as a sorcery.

Tap two untapped creatures you control, they don't untap during your next untap phase: Remove a counter from Junk Barrier. Only an opponent can use this ability and only when they could play a sorcery.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people need to name the theme or strategy the card they have made would fit into.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a source with meta of THG? Or you find same strategy as usual: combo, control, ramp, aggro...
Canabiest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
I think people need to name the theme or strategy the card they have made would fit into.

They do not NEED to but it would help me see stuff I would overlook and most of the recent Planechase cards at least were pretty on theme.

There is not really a meta for 2HG i guess. It has normal strategies too. But sometimes tuned for two decks being there. But it is played in casual settings mostly I guess. Maybe there is a metagame on MTGO.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read this card is good in THG: http://magiccards.info/query?q=!Luminarch+Ascension

Here is my version.

Quote:
Serve the Demons 2BB
Enchantment Rare
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, if you have 20 or more life, you may sacrifice a non token creature. If you do, put a 5/5 black Demon creature with lifelink and flying onto the battlefield.
He who obeys, who will pay the price: he will be granted eternal life.
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindtheft of the Masses UB

Sorcery [Rare]

Each opponent discards a card. You and your allies draw a number of cards equal to the amount of cards your opponents discarded this way.

When your minds empty, and your foes' fills, that is mindtheft in the highest degree.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shared Knowledge 2UU

Instant Uncommon

Draw two cards. Another target player draws two cards.
aule

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vital Mutant | G/W
Creature - Mutant | Rare
If you have 20 or more life, ~ gets +2/+2
If you have 19 or less life, ~ has lifelink.
1/1

Obviously good in a lifegain strategy, but not too bad in a general aggro strategy as well.
Domine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advice XU

Instant

Target player other then youself draws X cards

Draw a card.

The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.
Livermush

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra-Dimensional Prism | 0
Legendary Artifact (Mythic)

You may use mana from any non-opponent player's mana pool to play spells or abilities.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2