Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sounds like a new program is in order?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
thedarkness

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Sounds like a new program is in order? Reply with quote

So lemme get this straight...

MWS can only have a limited number of cards in its database because of sloppy coding, which is also responsible for all its other issues, as far as I know.

Is it maybe time to find a new program to popularize for Magic-League? Or did this already happen in the months I've been gone, and I just missed it?
warwizard87

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly thier is no other program that is able to replace MWS right now. the card base issue sucks but there are several solutions to it.
Livermush

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- goes onto forum
- complains about program he uses for free
- expects someone else to make another program that uses security codes

My advice to you is to delete the sets that are useless and included for some unknown reason like the duel decks and what not.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been waiting for another one for years. While there are several programs either created or being created, they all lack key characteristics that MUST exist in order for us to use them.

- A way to tell if someone is using the deck they claimed to (and if they pre-sideboarded)
- A log file so that judges can rule on disputes

ML admins have tried to stay in touch with these developers as they create their new programs, and several of them show promise.
Livermush

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of other ways to play magic, check this out: http://drafts.in/

You can save a sealed deck with a mws code. Do you think one of you superwizards could use something like this to get the sealed bot back up in #draft4you?

Also, where is the draft bot?
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While on the topic of the EasyInstall, has it been fixed yet? For quite some time, using your version caused Workstation to crash any time you used the Tools->Paste from Clipboard.
thedarkness

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Guys. There was no subtext attached to what I said. My MWS is updated and working properly, and I'm not complaining about it, you pompous presumptuous twats (not all of you, obviously; you know who you are).

I'm just trying to find out if there's any progress toward solutions for what is apparently an inevitable unsolvable problem, since I've been gone for months and haven't been keeping tabs on Magic-League. No need to be dicks about it.

That being said, thank you to those whose responses weren't dickish and were helpful, especially xJudicatorx, as per usual.

Edit: for clarity, I'm referring to the LiverMush who posted the first post under LiverMush, and Hasbro. Those guys are dicks.

I'm led to assume that someone else posted the second post by LiverMush. Razz

Last edited by thedarkness on Sat May 11, 2013 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
thedarkness

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, HASBROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! -shakes fist-
warwizard87

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedarkness wrote:
Wow. Guys. There was no subtext attached to what I said. My MWS is updated and working properly, and I'm not complaining about it, you pompous presumptuous twats (not all of you, obviously; you know who you are).

I'm just trying to find out if there's any progress toward solutions for what is apparently an inevitable unsolvable problem, since I've been gone for months and haven't been keeping tabs on Magic-League. No need to be dicks about it.

That being said, thank you to those whose responses weren't dickish and were helpful, especially xJudicatorx, as per usual.

Edit: for clarity, I'm referring to the LiverMush who posted the first post under LiverMush, and Hasbro. Those guys are dicks.

im assuming im not one of the dicks =P
thedarkness

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warwizard87 wrote:
thedarkness wrote:

im assuming im not one of the dicks =P

That depends. Did you hijack LiverMush to post his first post? If so, you are the non-Hasbro dick. Razz
Livermush

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a trustworthy kind of guy.
thedarkness

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Livermush wrote:
I'm a trustworthy kind of guy.

WHICH ONE ARE YOUUUUUUUUUU?!
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpgmem wrote:
xJudicatorx wrote:
While on the topic of the EasyInstall, has it been fixed yet? For quite some time, using your version caused Workstation to crash any time you used the Tools->Paste from Clipboard.

Have you read the FAQ? For your question I'm sure there ...

This is not "correct" this is a fault present in the executable (in this extended version) ...
If you need this feature, or use very often, install using the option "orginal version" ...

So you have the option of using original which doesn't work at all and extended which only doesn't work for sealed. I'm sure you guys are doing the best you can, but right now neither version of your base is usable - particularly not for a new person who is going to think they personally did something wrong to cause the crash.
thedarkness

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. When did it become so hard to analyze/add/remove sets? Everybody used to do this every few months and the problems were always the same and always easy to fix.
thedarkness

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpgmem wrote:
thedarkness wrote:
Man. When did it become so hard to analyze/add/remove sets? Everybody used to do this every few months and the problems were always the same and always easy to fix.

The problem is not only that ... the more you remove one set are still records in the database, when you include, are also useless records in the database ...
Sooner or later, if no special attention to the removal of these useless data, the program displays the memory problem ... and for this reason I strongly encourage you to use the MWS EasyInstall whenever there is an update ...

No, see, that's my point. If you add your sets manually, you don't HAVE useless extra sets. I have less than 19000 cards in my database.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2