Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-Con League

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
_Godica

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strid3r wrote:
I change from Mirrodin - Sacrifical Bam to Mirrodin - Bait and Bludgeon

hahahahaha of course you do Wink
Canabiest

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in no way sure if I choose the right deck either. I could have 4 Blastoderms allready... Wink
_Godica

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely chose a suboptimal starting deck, but I feel it has the potential to do great things with the right additions.
Canabiest

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I open more Flametongue Kavus all is well.
Halldir

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: another thread Reply with quote

Hey peeps, started new thread called "Pre-Con league: Ideas a thoughts thread" here in Casual or Other decks section... i also posted there a LONG set of ideas/thoughts that i was working on for few las day and get together tonight on part-time job:)
I hope you will not act the TL:DR way Smile and I will be very happy for any comments or ideas that you will post there.
-main reason for making solo thread is to keep this, main thread less messy:)
Halldir

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Godica wrote:
Trading is a bad idea imho. As it stands, everyone's deck will increase in power at roughly the same rate. There's some randomness, but that's what makes it fun.

A trade system would give those who have the most time to invest in trading a much faster increase in power than those who have little or no time.

Maybe others disagree with me, but if my card pool is weaker than someone else's, I'd rather it be because they got luckier with their packs than because they spent more time on IRC looking for trades than me.

- good thinking Smile but i think you worry too much, because:
a) as you said, everyone's deck will increase in power - balanced

b) there will not be so much cards to trade, especially not much that will you want alot/perfectly fit to someone's deck

c) noone will want to trade some ultra-broken card... usually you will splash it or keep at yourself, because you dont want to encounter it vs you- so its back to random opening of bombs...

d) as for your part of giving advantage to players that will spend alot of time trading- take a look on that second thread i created here on forum, part trading, to be precious part b) - it solves this problem.

+ you said that the randomness is the fun part- i believe it will still be random, even random a lot but, dont you think trading in totally unknown and new environment can be boring?Smile Imagine trades like: Dont need Tarmogoyf but rly rly need 3x syncopate, any1 wanna trade it?Smile Smile
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should have their cards now check either the e-mail you provided or sitemail here. I will not be able to update the dropboxes until i get home from work 3pm EDT.

After this week On Wednesday this coming week I will update the pack for the following week and the pack in the store.

I decided that I will select the packs of the week but the store pack I will list all the sets in order they came out Alpha being 1 and dragons maze being the last and use random.org to get that number and will post that result.

The Gatecrash packs will be given out next Saturday to get this pack you must play against someone this week. Saturday will be the day all the free packs will be given out. The store packs will be given out as soon as i see the post and confirm you have points.

Good Luck everyone!!!!! oh yeah I did not draw my cards I will have someone do it for me when they can.
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my cards from Archmage521 to let everyone know
Shades_Steel

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is everybody tracking which cards they have, Ive been trying to create a new library in MWS containing only the cards I have available to me in this league but i can not figure out how to do it, can anybody give me a step by step or some pointers ect as to how to set this up cheers
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO this is what I'm proposing

Free Packs of cards and store cards will be given out of Saturdays. Maximum of 3 card bought packs per week(total of 5 packs total per week)

League play will be from Monday-Sunday

Require every Monday to post decks with a security code on this sight. Your deck cannot change the entire week so plan sideboards accordingly so no changing constantly to work best cards versus opponents. This will start the following week.

I will still post stuff in the dropbox as well. Let me know what everyone thinks
Canabiest

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good!

And my deck got better with the packs at least.

So this week we can just build post a sec code and play from today on? Or wait till monday?
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canabiest wrote:
Sounds good!

And my deck got better with the packs at least.

So this week we can just build post a sec code and play from today on? Or wait till monday?

This week we start tomorrow with no sec code for the week. Gatecrash packs will be given out on saturday again but can't use them until deck is posted on monday.
Canabiest

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, makes sense.
_Godica

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarDude wrote:
Maximum of 3 card bought packs per week

Seems like most people will be earning more than 12 points per week. What to do with the extra points?
_Godica

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shades_Steel wrote:
How is everybody tracking which cards they have, Ive been trying to create a new library in MWS containing only the cards I have available to me in this league but i can not figure out how to do it, can anybody give me a step by step or some pointers ect as to how to set this up cheers

I've created two separate "decks," one that is actually a deck and on that's just a list of available cards and their quantity.

There's probably a better way, but this works for now.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 4 of 21