Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

League Idea

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: League Idea Reply with quote

When i joined this site I really expected it to be a place where you play people in singles matches and someone kept track and well be more like a sports league. Maybe this exists and i haven't found it so i wanted to spin an idea to see if I could garner some support from players out there that are looking for something to do when tournaments are not being ran.

Remember when long ago you bought your first starter deck and a few packs of cards and created your deck to play that had the worst cards possible but you were just happy to play. This league will help draw upon those humble magic beginnings.

1. Each owner will pick a pre-con or theme deck of their choosing. Once a deck is selected it exclusive to that owner to create some diversity. No specialty sets(duel decks, commander, planechase etc.)

2. You also will receive 3 booster packs of the set your pre-con theme comes from.

3. Each week a new pack will be given to each participant from an announced set. The pack the first week will be Gatecrash

4. You may also buy additional packs of your choosing each week as well. This will be done with the points you earn from playing.

you get 1 point for playing a match, 1 point for a win, and 3 points for winning a series(best 2 out of 3).

5. Each new booster pack will cost a specific number of pre-determined number of points. I'm in the process of putting out a list with all the point values for each set. Each player can only buy 3 packs a week max.

6. Some weeks certain card sets will go on sale and maybe some uncommons/rares will be available to purchase with points.

7. A spreadsheet will be kept with all match information.

8. I will keep a list of all cards that each owner possesses to ensure fairness. Just in case an owner complains that someone has 4 Jace, the mind sculptor and it's only the 3rd week.

9. Cards will be drawn from a drafting website online and list sent to each player via site-mail here

10. Legacy Format

Let me know any ideas you may have or questions/suggestions
tcgplayer92

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds pretty awesome, but I think you should get one point for playing a match, 3 points for a win and like 6 or 7 for a match win, or some system where you get more points for a win than just participating
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I'm certainly open to suggestions. This is just how i thought of it initially.
Shades_Steel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get this started i would defo be interested in joining
brianhri
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to work with you and see if this can amount to anything, but before we do anything there needs to be a more definite rules setting.
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah for sure that would be great. I know the idea is very raw but I think can work and be fun for all participants. Maybe when your not running stuff we can chat about it and with anyone else with any ideas
Halldir

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make it working and we all will worship you and you will ascend and become one of our gods Smile
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of rules do you think need to be hammered out?

Another element that I was thinking about was the ability to trade with other players.
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all I hear is pre-con/3packs...build a deck....sounds amazing Razz
Uroboros

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That league should have an ante... that would make it more interesting, to slowly improve your deck... or even better, you can "sell" your points for new packs, that way there will be some strategy behind, winning makes your deck stronger or you rather have the lead in the league?

Great idea... count me in
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on a word document as we speak that will talk about all the inner workings. The points will be used to buy packs and also single cards to strengthen decks. Once I'm finished I'm going to give it to unbearable to see what he likes and dislikes.
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone interested the full idea should be up this week at some point.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1