Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is there a card?

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: is there a card? Reply with quote

Does a card exist that global enchantments like mana flare or howling mine etc. do not affect target player or opponent or something to that affect.
megajenius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you're looking for a card like Mirrai's Wake: http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=35057
magicman85

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I know of. You can find cards that will interact with specific abilities, but not all of them on one card. If there was I think Stasis would be a pretty awesome deck.
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i figure a card like that would not exist. I wanted to use a card and not have my opponent reap the benefits but i'll just look for a different card instead
_Psyduck_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, something like that would be borderline busted. That is why they are always worded the way they are. Usually, it affects both players, and the opponent reaps the benefits first, as is with Howling Mine and the like.

When Heartbeat of Spring Combo was around, you would generally only play the Heartbeat on the turn you win, so they don't get any use out of it.

As far as I can remember, I believe Mirari's Wake is the only one that ONLY affects you, as far as double mana producers.

With Howling Mine, it only takes effect if it is untapped. Use stuff like Twiddle, and Dream's Grip to tap it so they can't use it. That would work.
warwizard87

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icy manipulator was always my fav way to abuse those old cards like mine and winter orb.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Psyduck_ wrote:
As far as I can remember, I believe Mirari's Wake is the only one that ONLY affects you, as far as double mana producers.

Also Caged Sun
and Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger.
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a create a card then of something i would be looking for

Unholy Alliance BBBB

Enchancement - Mythic

Pay 5 life not to have target enchantment target player this turn. Nothing can be used to prevent this loss of life
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently in Magic, there is no way to ignore static abilities. This is pretty easily to understand when you look at the awful "English" in your suggestion there.

Also, please leave this forum solely for people with rules questions. If you need help using Gatherer, try asking in chat.
pg8

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
Currently in Magic, there is no way to ignore static abilities.

Leonin Arbiter is an exception.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pg8 wrote:
xJudicatorx wrote:
Currently in Magic, there is no way to ignore static abilities.

Leonin Arbiter is an exception.

Yeah, serves me right for making a blanket statement. The one rule with no exceptions in judging is there is ALWAYS an exception.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: is there a card? Reply with quote

GuitarDude wrote:
Does a card exist that global enchantments like mana flare or howling mine etc. do not affect target player or opponent or something to that affect.

The closest thing out there would be something along the lines of Flickerwisp
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1