Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC - 199 (JUDGED)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Domine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: CaC - 199 (JUDGED) Reply with quote

The winner of the this create a card contest will get to judge the 200, so it's a big deal ;P

The Challenge is all about elegance

elˇeˇgance (l-gns)
n.
a. Refinement, grace, and beauty in movement, appearance, or manners.
b. Tasteful opulence in form, decoration, or presentation.
a. Restraint and grace of style.
b. Scientific exactness and precision.

So with that definiton in mind, create a card that is elegant and that would be playable in at least one format, I'll judge quickly, probably not more than 48 hours based on my own criteria. Any doubts feel free to ask.

Last edited by Domine on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool challenge!!

I submitted the following card in a previous CaC but it was not suitable for that competition's criteria.

So many card these days 'cannot be countered' or can be tagged with the quality 'cavern of souls' etc...

this is a solution:

Refute U

Instant - Rare

Return target spell to its owner's hand.

There is great power in subtlety.

Remand cantrips and is uncommon, this does not cantrip and is rare because of its cost plus its ability to evade' uncounterabl'e spells.

I believe it would be played in Legacy, Modern and maby T2...
_Godica

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swan Song (U/W)

Instant - Rare

Creature you control gain flying and lifelink until end of turn.

At the beginning of the next upkeep, if you control any creatures, you lose the game.

I'm bad at writing flavor text but it would probably be a paraphrase of:

"Swan song" is a metaphorical phrase for a final gesture, effort, or performance given just before death or retirement. The phrase refers to an ancient belief that swans (Cygnus spp.) sing a beautiful song in the moment just before death, having been silent (or alternatively, not so musical) during most of their lifetime.
--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swan_song

This might be borderline overpowered, but I think it balances a potentially broken effect with a huge vulnerability. It can be used as a very risky finisher, to squeeze a bit more value out of your snapcaster/leonin arbiter/etc. before a Wrath of God, or just to get some life back from your chump-blockers.
Livermush

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chromatic Champion | @@
Creature - Illusion Knight (Mythic Rare)

( @ may be paid by one mana of any color )

Chromatic Champion's power and toughness are equal to the number of different types of mana lands you control can produce.

*/*

------------------------------------------------------------

Revision 1: I changed the cost from @ to @@. The turn after you play him, if you put a vivid land into play, you'll have a 5/5. Is he broken? He's more powerful than Tarmogoyf in Modern and Legacy, but depending on the Standard environment, he's still a pretty solid 2cmc beater that fits in any 3-4 color deck.

Anyway, a 5/5 for 1 seemed a little too powerful so I upped the mana requirements.

Last edited by Livermush on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:28 am; edited 2 times in total
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragon 3RR

Creature - Dragon (uncommon)

Flying

4/4

They are everywhere! What do you mean gothic horror plane? Who cares? - Wotc world design team.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomad Outcast
Creature - Human Nomad (Uncommon)
First Strike
1W: Nomad Outcast gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
Until he could travel without fear, he had to gather understanding of many cultures.
3/2

For the flavor/world this card is printed in, I imagine a world like the one from Assassin's Creed storyline. He lives outside the cities now, that's why I didn't make it an assassin. The card image displays a single man with focus not only on the man itself. Steppe or desert is also seen on the card image.

It would certainly see play in Limited and maybe find a niche in Standard(T2).
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really Loud and Smelly Fart in Public Place 1RR Sorcery (rare)

Choose target creature, that creature deals 3 damage to all other creatures in play.

'Whilst everyone else was retching squee was laughing at his creation.'

Last edited by GreenBear on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Uroboros

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill them all... 1 WWW

Sorcery- Rare

Destroy all creatures.
For each white creature destroyed that way its controller may put a 1/1 white spirit creature with flying into play.

"...and let God sort them out." Arnau Amalric, papal legate and inquisitor of the albigensian crusade answering a crusader how to distinguish between christians and cathars during the assault to the city of Béziers.
aule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eshden, Lady of Grace | 2GW
Planeswalker - Eshden | Mythic
+1 - Put a 1/1 White Spirit token with Flying into play, then populate.
+1 - Put a 2/2 Green Wolf token into play, then put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
-6 Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card with converted mana cost greater than 5. Put that creature onto the battlefield under your control. You gain X life, where X is twice that creatures' toughness.
//3
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set myself the harder task of trying to take the most inelegant of card types - the planeswalker - and make an elegant one. Lets see what you think.

Mrrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volcanic Shaman - 1R

Creature - Shaman (R)

TAP: Sacrifice a mountain: Volcanic Shaman deals 2 damage to target creature or player

2/2

"Let the earth split asunder"
Livermush

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda hope I win this. I have a really cool idea for #200.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Livermush wrote:

Anyway, a 5/5 for 1 seemed a little too powerful so I upped the mana requirements.

because a 5/5 for 2 is SOOOO much more balanced!
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erasipate BBU
Instant (rare)
Counter target spell. Search that spell controller's hand, library and graveyard for cards with the same name and exile them.
Clean and simple. Just forget it.
Livermush

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bairdsy wrote:
Livermush wrote:

because a 5/5 for 2 is SOOOO much more balanced!

How're you gonna do that in standard? And in modern it's like "hooray, path to exile"
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2