Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

URGENT - Need your help sideboarding

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: URGENT - Need your help sideboarding Reply with quote

3x Augur Of Bolas
2x Aurelia, The Warleader
3x Restoration Angel
3x Snapcaster Mage

4x Azorius Charm
2x Dissipate
2x Essence Scatter
1x Rewind
4x Searing Spear
3x Sphinx's Revelation
3x Think Twice

2x Pillar Of Flame
2x Supreme Verdict

Land
4x Clifftop Retreat
1x Desolate Lighthouse
4x Glacial Fortress
4x Hallowed Fountain
2x Island
1x Moorland Haunt
2x Sacred Foundry
4x Steam Vents
4x Sulfur Falls

Sideboard

1x Angel Of Serenity
3x Clone
3x Izzet Staticaster
1x Restoration Angel

2x Detention Sphere

2x Dispel
2x Negate

1x Supreme Verdict
15 cards

NO discussion about the list.

I just wanna know, how do I sideboard :
vs Naya Midrange
vs Jund
vs Junk

I would really really like it.

Thank you!!
Livermush

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some discussion about the list, take the pillars of flame from your main deck.

But about the sideboard, try mizzium mortars.
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fefestars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i dont like saying something like "you side Angel of Serentiy in against Esper-Control" - think about what each card is trying to do for you and then think about in what matchups those cards can be good.

Angel of Serenity is good, when you have enough time to cast it. So its not good against aggressive decks and some midrange decks that can blow you out (e.g. its not that good against Naya midrange, but against Jund its decent).

Clone does the same: It helps against big creatures (since you get them, too) but doesnt help against aggressive decks or token based decks.

Izzet Staticaster might help against tokens and decks that are based on one mana creature acceleration. Detention Sphere helps against planeswalkers you cant handle/need to handle asap and against some creatures, e.g. Predator Ooze, some midrange aggressive decks (with Paladin, Silverheart, other stuff).

Dispel helps in counterwars and against other Sphinx's Revelation decks. Also it might be good against some UWR decks if you need to stop certain spells (e.g. Harvest Pyre).

Same is true for Negate, but it also counters Planeswalkers, big sorceries...i think you get it.

For what to side out from your maindeck:

Again, think about what card does the least in this matchup! Aurelia is too slow in aggressive matchups, as Rewind is. Its not good to be too reactive against fast decks, so side out Essence Scatter as and Dissipate as well.

The point why I dont like to give certain strategies against certain matchups is because when I say "board against Zombies like this and that" you might run into "big zombies" with Hellkite and stuff. Or into big boros. But i was talking about the mega fast version.

So always think about what card is good for you and what card aint.
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right Fefestars.

Normally, I don't really need to ask how to sideboard since I try to use this logic. My problem right is, I don't really know what to remove from the deck.

For exemple, if I play vs Naya midrange, I guess I would like the Clones, 1 more resto, the angel of serenity, the detentions spheres against his sb (garruk, tokens, etc). At the end, it is a lot of stuff. So what do I remove to keep my deck working?
ody

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pillars and spears go off vs control junk and midrange and counterspells go off vs agro. I think its easy to sideboard with this deck.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1