Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coin Flipping in APPR league/minis

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software

Loss or Flips?
loss
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
flips
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 12

gerken

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Coin Flipping in APPR league/minis Reply with quote

I'd just like to say how retarded it is that you have to go to a coin flip to determine the winner if neither player can host, but only one of them was too lazy to download hamachi. IMHO, its that same as being too lazy to show up to a DCI sponserd event on time, and expect a coin flip when you arrive rather then a game/match loss. I think the player who cannot host, in any mannor, and has taken no steps to make it so they could host, should get a match loss. No more coin flips under unfair surcomstances.
theTJtrooper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, you are the infinite + 1 person to post this topic. Some people can't use hamachi.
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Coin Flipping in APPR league/minis Reply with quote

gerken wrote:
I'd just like to say how retarded it is that you have to go to a coin flip to determine the winner if neither player can host, but only one of them was too lazy to download hamachi. IMHO, its that same as being too lazy to show up to a DCI sponserd event on time, and expect a coin flip when you arrive rather then a game/match loss. I think the player who cannot host, in any mannor, and has taken no steps to make it so they could host, should get a match loss. No more coin flips under unfair surcomstances.

Though I do agree with you, spelling=tech.

This topic has been beaten to death, and the sad truth is, they cannot require it.

Because, you can't punish people who have crappy computers, no Windows XP, or those who just don't want to download random programs.

Yes, it sucks, but it's just the way things are, deal with it.

I'm sure this topic will be locked.
gerken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Coin Flipping in APPR league/minis Reply with quote

Bejeezus wrote:
Because, you can't punish people who have crappy computers, no Windows XP, or those who just don't want to download random programs.

maybe not, but punishing those who have good computers, windows xp, and are willing to download random programs, sounds just as bad, if not worse.
gerken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret8znMan wrote:
hmm... I'm pretty sure if you couldn't host and didn't have hamachi you wouldn't be making this thread would you Razz

if i couldnt host and didnt have hamachi i wouldn't be making this thread.... because i would not be playing Appr.
h0m3r

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Coin Flipping in APPR league/minis Reply with quote

gerken wrote:
Bejeezus wrote:

maybe not, but punishing those who have good computers, windows xp, and are willing to download random programs, sounds just as bad, if not worse.

since a coin flip is a 50/50 shot, it is not a punishment.
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here here
Laplie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hamachi is still a beta program. hamachi doesn't work on non Windows XP computers. hamachi has been known to break peoples computers/internet connections.

Maybe it's you who has been lazy in not unwalling yourself.
http://www.portforward.com FTW
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1