Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono-Black Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played a lot of mono black variants fairly recently and I can say with confidence 4 sign in blood is to many. You rarely want to cast the second because the life loss is a big deal and almost never the third creatures are just that fast now. Apart from that the deck looks solid, ample hand disruption and removal.

But why one curse of the death hold. That is an unusual card what about the current meta makes you think this card justifies a main deck slot?
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would consider the red splash: it gives you rakdos return (isn't it great with double black?) and the new lobotomy, which fits into your deck theme (which i really like, i'm a big fan of mbc), but most important it gives you dreadbore, which helps dealing with creatures but mainly with landed PWs, which you otherwise do not have anything to deal with.
Kabelis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, splashing a color is mostly free and gives you that many more options. Travis Woo went as far as to splash both green and red with 4x wolf run and mana still works fine.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH I agree with splashing a colour, even though mono coloured mana bases are just a million times better than any two or more coloured mana base ever will be. Mainly as, your removal suite all starts at three, which you will struggle to get away with on the play but there is no way you can get away with on the draw.

I hate what wizards have done with the removal atm, making it more limited, but the threats creatures pose more varied. But you really do need removal spells at 2 mana.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1