Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iq this weekend in my home town what to play??

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
harsh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: iq this weekend in my home town what to play?? Reply with quote

so come to find out yesterday 5 days before the event there is a scg iq in my home town that im gonna attend first serious thing in years won 3 fnms in a row at a different location but been about 2 months ago.
i went to check out some of the decks for monday night magic seems like ramp decks and boros reconer are everywhere (shocker) i feel that bant chant is a very strong deck in this type of meta was wondering if anyone has been testing it out as i have only 5 days to come up with a solid list. ive tested for about 30 games so far a few matches agains jund as i thought liliana would be an issue. games went well in my opion but usually had a mana dork or a invisible stalker and was able to save a geist or had the oring or sphere.

seems to me that only card to fear much is supreme verdict but not over extending and ajani are solid vs this in testing so far.

here is what ive been testing
4 hallowed fountain
4 breeding pool
4 temple garden
4 sunpetal grove
3 hinterland harbor
3 forest

4 avacne pilgrim
4 geist
4 invisable stalker
2 sigarda

2 ajani have been testing gift of orzhova here also lifelink is great in aggro matches

4 abundant
2 detention sphere
1 o-ring
4 ethereal armor
2 negate
1 selesnya charm
4 spectral flight

thoughts and opions very welcome im pretty sure i want rootborn def in the list but i like the negates vs terminus which rootborn does not stop.

thanks,
matt
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been playing that rock list that was on here and have been having alot of success with it and i wonder if boros reckoner combo is going to see more play.
Strid3r

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot to list Rancor.

100th post Cool
harsh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who forgets rancor Sad <-- this Guy
Anyway I'm tossed up between bang chant and the second place list from the pro tour the Reckoner list with all the versitile charms as Ive played u/w flash with geist until now only I'd change a few cards blast act is not so good in Reckoner mirrors so I would probably add harvest pyre in as a one of and the random life link card seems a bit clunky as you have azorious for that effect as well just don't know if I wanna chunk out big money for thundermaws UN the board either but deck seems good and I'd squeeze in a 3rd verdict in the board or 1 main
Ownj00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend and I were 1st and 2nd seed going into the top eight of the SCG Classic in daytona last weekend playing Experiment Jund. Our lists are on scg.com, deck seems sick. I hadn't played a single round of standard in 6+ months before the tourney started.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1