Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 186 - Create a Cycle ***JUDGED***

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: CaC 186 - Create a Cycle ***JUDGED*** Reply with quote

My challenge for this CaC is to create a card cycle. This is 2 or more cards which are obviously linked by a combination of mechanics, flavour and/or something else entirely.

For a very good discussion of what makes up a cycle Click Here.

For those of you too lazy to create more than 1 card I will accept single card entries so long as it is obvious how the submitted card would fit in a cycle.

Submissions will be awarded a score out of 10 based on the following criteria:
Playability: The cards should be playable in standard, but not in any way broken.
Printability: The cards should adhere to correct wording, fit the rules of MTG and have an appropriate rarity.
Flavour: The cards' names, flavour text, types, art(maybe) etc should
all be consistent in the flavour they evoke.
Cycleyness: I have to get why this is a cycle
Originality: Bonus points for doing something new or differently.
Awesomeness: Make me go wow!

Last edited by Bairdsy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very tough challenge i think. let do some cycle:

Triggered ability:
Mental - [cost] - means "Whenever you search your library for a card, you may pay [cost] and exile this card. Untill the end of turn you may play this card from exile"

Mental Shield - W
Instant (uncommon)
Mental - 1W
You gain 4 life.

Mental Memories - U
Instant (uncommon)
Mental - 1U
Target player draws a card.

Mental Extraction - B
Instant (uncommon)
Mental - 1B
Exile target card in a graveyard.

Mental Flame - R
Instant (uncommon)
Mental - 1R
Mental Flame deals 1 damage to target creature or player.

Mental Call - G
Instant (uncommon)
Mental - 1G
Put an 1/1 Green Insect creature token onto the battlefield under your control.

----
too lazy for flavour. think this cards are all playable a lot with this ability with all the fetchlands )))

Last edited by iSperia on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cycle who helps your manabase:

It's a cycle with 5 cards:
Island + Swamp
Swamp + Mountain
Mountain + Forest
Forest + Plains
Plains + Island

Last edited by Thelemys on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
zebo_88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunaria, the Hidden Cloud
Legendary Land (Uncommon)
T, Discard a creature card: return target artifact or enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.

Stellaria, the Forgotten Well
Legendary Land (Rare)
T, tap an untapped artifact you control: Target creature becomes an enchantment until end of turn (it's no more a creature).

Solaria, the Lost Cavern
Legendary Land (Mythic)
X, T, Sacrifice an enchantment: destroy target nonland permanent with converted mana cost X.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple of the Unleashed Mind
1BB
Creature - Human Shaman - Common
1U, Sacrifice Disciple of the Unleashed Mind: Draw a card.
2/2

--

Acolyte of the Unleashed Mind
2BB
Creature - Human Shaman - Uncommon
1U, Sacrifice Acolyte of the Unleashed Mind: Draw two cards.
3/3

--

Scion of the Unleashed Mind
3BB
Creature - Human Shaman - Rare
1U, Sacrifice Scion of the Unleashed Mind: Draw three cards.
4/4

--

Syth, the Unleashed Mind
UUUBBB
Legendary Creature - Avatar - Mythic Rare
Flying
At the beginning of each upkeep, draw a card.
At the end of each turn, return a creature card with converted mana cost X or less from a graveyard to the battlefield, where X is equal to the number of cards you've drawn this turn.
6/6
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tricycle 1 - equipment uncommon

Equip 1

Equipped creature gets haste and +1+1.

'I like to ride my tricycle i like to ride my trike.'

Bicycle 2 - equipment rare

Equip 1

Equipped creature gets haste and +2+2

'I like to ride my bicycle i like to ride my bike.'

Unicycle 3 - equipment mythic rare

Equip 1

Equippped creature gets haste +3+3 and when ever this creature becomes target of a spell or ability sacrifice that creature.

'I like to ride my unicycle i like to ride my uni?'

Last edited by GreenBear on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Canabiest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orzhov Cairn
Land - Gate
Rare

Gates you control have Extort.
3, T: Add WB to your mana pool.
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.

Gruul Cairn
Land - Gate
Rare

Discard a Gate card: target attacking creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
3, T: Add GR to your mana pool.

Simic Cairn
Land - Gate
Rare

Whenever a Gate enters the battlefield under your control, put a 5/5 blue Illusion creature token onto the battlefield then exile it.
3, T: Add UG to your mana pool.

Boros Cairn
Land - Gate
Rare

Tap two Gates you control: Target creature can't block this turn.
3, T: Add WR to your mana pool.

Dimir Cairn
Land - Gate
Rare

You may play Gate cards from your graveyard.
3, T: Add UB to your mana pool.

Last edited by Canabiest on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
MagusGee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retainer's Sacrifice 0

Instant, Rare

~ Sacrifice is white. As you cast ~, discard X cards from your hand. Prevent the next X damage that would be dealt to target creature, planeswalker, or player.

Fanatic's Sacrifice 0

Instant, Rare

~ is red. As you cast ~, discard X cards from your hand. Target creature gains +X/+X and gains haste until end of turn. X must be greater than 0.

Druid's Sacrifice 0

Instant, Rare

~ is green. As you cast ~, discard X cards from your hand. Add X mana in any combination of up to two colors to your mana pool.

Thrall's Sacrifice 0

Instant, Rare

~ is black. As you cast ~, discard X cards from your hand. Destroy target creature with power or toughness less than or equal to X.

Researcher's Sacrifice 0

Instant, Rare

~ is Blue. As you cast ~, discard X cards from your hand. Draw X cards. X can be no greater than 3.

After reading through them, I feel like the U Sacrifice is a bit op, but... I still really like the idea xD Also, I wasn't sure if I should add a 0 mana cost or not to these cards, but I think it's worded correctly.

Last edited by MagusGee on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grusly Bear - BB
Creature - Bear Zombie
Whenever another Zombie enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on Grusly Bear.
2/2
(Rear)

Armed Bear - WW
Creature - Bear Soldier
Whenever another Soldier enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on ~this.
2/2
(Rear)

Mage Bear -UU
Creature - Bear Wizard
Whenever another Wizard enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on ~this.
2/2
(Rear)

Scarred Bear - RR
Creature - Bear Lizard
Whenever another Lizard enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on ~this.
2/2
(Rear)

Regular Bear - GG
Creature - Bear Shaman
Whenever another Bear enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on ~this.
2/2
(Rear)
_Godica

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All are Common Enchantments:

Spark of Frenzy 1R

When ~ enters the battlefield, you may have it deal 2 damage to target creature or player.

When ~ leaves the battlefield, you may have it deal 3 damage to target creature or player.

Spark of Decay 1B

When ~ enters the battlefield, put the top 5 cards of your library into your graveyard.

When ~ leaves the battlefield, you may return up to 2 target cards from your graveyard to your hand.

Spark of Fertility 1G

When ~ enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped.

When ~ leaves the battlefield, target land you control becomes a 3/3 green Centaur creature. It's still a land.

Spark of Insight 1U

When ~ enters the battlefield, Scry 2 then draw a card.

When ~ leaves the battlefield, Scry 3 then draw a card.

Spark of Valor 1W

When ~ enters the battlefield, put two 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens into play.

When ~ leaves the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on up to 2 target creatures.

I would imagine this cycle being printed in a set where enchantments were emphasized a bit more, as obviously they are much more interesting when cards like War Priest of Thune are more present. I think they'd be quite fun in limited, and see at least some use in constructed.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagusGee wrote:
Retainer's Sacrifice

Instant, Rare

~ Sacrifice is white. As you cast ~, discard X cards from your hand. Prevent the next X damage that would be dealt to target creature, planeswalker, or player.

After reading through them, I feel like the U Sacrifice is a bit op, but... I still really like the idea xD Also, I wasn't sure if I should add a 0 mana cost or not to these cards, but I think it's worded correctly.

As they are written they can't be cast at all, so you either need the 0 mana cost, or to reword them like:

~ is white. You may cast ~ by discarding X cards from your hand. Prevent the next X damage that would be dealt to target creature, planeswalker or player.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging in 12-18 hours.
Domine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howl of Revenge 1G

Sorcery

Put a 2/2 green Wolf creature token onto the battlefield

If you lost the last game of this match it gains flash and put two 2/2 green Wolf creature token onto the battlefield instead.

"Hear them coming down the hill"

Scream of Vengeance B

Sorcery

Destroy target creature with converted mana cost 1 or less

If you lost the last game of this match it gains flash and destroy target creature instead.

"Hear them dying in my hands"

Anthem of Retribution 2W

Sorcery

Return target creature from your graveyard to your hand

If you lost the last game of this match it gains flash and return target creature from your graveyard to the battlefield instead.

"Hear them marching to war"

Growl of Avengement 1R

Sorcery

Growl of Avengement deals 2 damage to target creature

If you lost the last game of this match it gains flash and Growl of Avengement deals 4 damage to target creature or player instead.

"Hear them bursting in flames"

Mantra of Reprisal 2U

Sorcery

Draw 2 cards

If you lost the last game of this match it gains flash and Draw 4 cards instead.

"Hear them meditating their beliefs"

All of them would be uncommon cards.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isperia wrote:
Triggered ability:
Mental - [cost] - means "Whenever you search your library for a card, you may pay [cost] and exile this card. Untill the end of turn you may play this card from exile"

Mental Shield - W
Instant (uncommon)
Mental - 1W
You gain 4 life.

Mental Memories - U
Instant (uncommon)
Mental - 1U
Target player draws a card.

Mental Extraction - B
Instant (uncommon)
Mental - 1B
Exile target card in a graveyard.

Mental Flame - R
Instant (uncommon)
Mental - 1R
Mental Flame deals 1 damage to target creature or player.

Mental Call - G
Instant (uncommon)
Mental - 1G
Put an 1/1 Green Insect creature token onto the battlefield under your control.

They are certainly original, playable, flavourful and definitely a cycle but I still have few issues with these.
Firstly, your ability doesn't make it clear where they should be exiled from (although I assume you mean from the library being searched).
I think they also need some sort of restriction to stop you from playing a bunch of them off a single search.
Overall this is a pretty good start to what I agree was a harder than usual challenge.
8/10

thelemys wrote:
A cycle who helps your manabase:

It's a cycle with 5 cards:
Island + Swamp
Swamp + Mountain
Mountain + Forest
Forest + Plains
Plains + Island

I like the playability, printability and cycleyness of this, but you lose points for flavour and originality.
I dont get why a "Vision" would be an artifact, it feels more like a sorcery to me, as does the art that you used.
Did you make it an artifact just because you wanted it colourless? Because a cycle of colourless sorceries would have gotten you bonus points for originality and awesomeness too!
7.5/10

ck3gds wrote:
Azorius Embodiment XWU
Creature Elemental (rare)
Azorius Embodiment's power is equal to the amount of white mana spent to cast it and its toughness is equal to the amount of blue mana spent to cast it.
When Azorius Embodiment attacks, you gain X life and draw Y cards, where X is its power and Y is its toughness.
*/*

Dimir Embodiment XUB
Dimir Embodiment's power is equal to the amount of blue mana spent to cast it and its toughness is equal to the amount of black mana spent to cast it.
When Dimir Embodiment attacks, target player puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard and target creature gets -Y/-Y until end of turn, where X is its power and Y is its toughness.
*/*

Rakdos Embodiment XBR
Rakdos Embodiment's power is equal to the amount of black mana spent to cast it and its toughness is equal to the amount of red mana spent to cast it.
When Rakdos Embodiment attacks, target player discards X cards and Rakdos Embodiment deals Y damage to target player, where X is its power and Y is its toughness.
*/*

Gruul Embodiment XRG
Gruul Embodiment's power is equal to the amount of red mana spent to cast it and its toughness is equal to the amount of green mana spent to cast it.
When Gruul Embodiment attacks, up to X target attacking creatures get +Y/+Y until end of turn, where X is its power and Y is its toughness.
*/*

Selesnya Embodiment XGW
Selesnya Embodiment's power is equal to the amount of green mana spent to cast it and its toughness is equal to the amount of white mana spent to cast it.
When Selesnya Embodiment attacks, put a X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield, then populate Y times, where X is its power and Y is its toughness.
*/*

Orzhov Embodiment XWB
Orzhov Embodiment's power is equal to the amount of white mana spent to cast it and its toughness is equal to the amount of black mana spent to cast it.
When Orzhov Embodiment attacks, up to X target permanents gain extort until your next upkeep and target player loses Y life, where X is its power and Y is its toughness.
*/*

Izzet Embodiment XUR
Izzet Embodiment's power is equal to the amount of blue mana spent to cast it and its toughness is equal to the amount of red mana spent to cast it.
When Izzet Embodiment attacks, until your next upkeep, instant spells you cast cost X less to cast and sorcery spells you cast cost Y less to cast, where X is its power and Y is its toughness.
*/*

Golgari Embodiment XBG
Golgari Embodiment's power is equal to the amount of black mana spent to cast it and its toughness is equal to the amount of green mana spent to cast it.
When Golgari Embodiment attacks, return up to X target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand and destroy target noncreature permanent with converted mana cost Y or less, where X is its power and Y is its toughness.
*/*

Boros Embodiment XRW
Boros Embodiment's power is equal to the amount of red mana spent to cast it and its toughness is equal to the amount of white mana spent to cast it.
When Boros Embodiment attacks, put X plus Y 1/1 red and white Soldier creature tokens with double strike onto the battlefield tapped and attacking, where X is its power and Y is its toughness.
*/*

Simic Embodiment XGU
Simic Embodiment's power is equal to the amount of green mana spent to cast it and its toughness is equal to the amount of blue mana spent to cast it.
When Simic Embodiment attacks, put X +1/+1 counters on up to Y target creatures you control, where X is its power and Y is its toughness.
*/*

I get what you are trying to achieve here and I kinda like the idea, but the execution is really complicated and I think flawed.
The cards need to be designed so that there is always a reminder of what their power & toughness should be, otherwise 2 or 3 of these in play at a time would be impossible to track. Normally this would be done with counters but having different X and Y values would mean 2 types of counters on the same creature, which is also a no no.
The only way I can think of to make something like this work would be to make them XCD casting cost, getting X +1/+1 with 2 triggered or activated abilities that cost X amount of the appropriately coloured mana.
Its just my opinion, but I'm judging so I get to be opinionated.
6.5/10

zebo_88 wrote:
Lunaria, the Hidden Cloud
Legendary Land (Uncommon)
T, Discard a creature card: return target artifact or enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.

Stellaria, the Forgotten Well
Legendary Land (Rare)
T, tap an untapped artifact you control: Target creature becomes an enchantment until end of turn (it's no more a creature).

Solaria, the Lost Cavern
Legendary Land (Mythic)
X, T, Sacrifice an enchantment: destroy target nonland permanent with converted mana cost X.

Cool. This is the sort of response I hoped for.
These meet all of the criteria I set out, although I do question whether they could have been Common, Uncommon, Rare instead.
Solaria seems a little underwhelming for a Mythic and having it Mythic makes it harder to get/play all 3, which is what you want players to do.
9/10

sc4rs wrote:
Disciple of the Unleashed Mind
1BB
Creature - Human Shaman - Common
1U, Sacrifice Disciple of the Unleashed Mind: Draw a card.
2/2

Acolyte of the Unleashed Mind
2BB
Creature - Human Shaman - Uncommon
1U, Sacrifice Acolyte of the Unleashed Mind: Draw two cards.
3/3

Scion of the Unleashed Mind
3BB
Creature - Human Shaman - Rare
1U, Sacrifice Scion of the Unleashed Mind: Draw three cards.
4/4

Syth, the Unleashed Mind
UUUBBB
Legendary Creature - Avatar - Mythic Rare
Flying
At the beginning of each upkeep, draw a card.
At the end of each turn, return a creature card with converted mana cost X or less from a graveyard to the battlefield, where X is equal to the number of cards you've drawn this turn.
6/6

I dub these the "Draw-a-tron".
Im thinking the Mythic may be a tad overpowered but Im not certain of that, as UUUBBB is a pretty steep cost.
I like that the first 2 seem like limited staples, the rare is playable in itself and the Mythic ties them all together into an awesome combo. This is what a vertical cycle should do.
The only down side is that they really do have room for flavour text. It would have been nice to see some text to tie them all together even more tightly.
Bonus points also for (if im not mistaken) designing the first 4-card vertical cycle.
10/10

GreenBear wrote:
Tricycle 1 - equipment uncommon
Equip 1
Equipped creature gets haste and +1+1.
'I like to ride my tricycle i like to ride my trike.'

Bicycle 2 - equipment rare
Equip 1
Equipped creature gets haste and +2+2
'I like to ride my bicycle i like to ride my bike.'

Unicycle 3 - equipment mythic rare
Equip 1
Equippped creature gets haste +3+3 and when ever this creature becomes target of a spell or ability sacrifice that creature.
'I like to ride my unicycle i like to ride my uni?'

I dont mind the flavour here (and the joke is ok) and the cards are playable, printable and not overpowered.
Again I question whether the Unicycle is splashy enough for a Mythic and whether the cycle could have been Common, Uncommon, Rare.
Even at rare Im not sure an equipment which gives +3/+3 but makes the creature more vulnerable to removal is right in terms of power.
Overall the cycle just seems a little underwhelming.
7/10

Canabiest wrote:
Orzhov Cairn
Land - Gate
Rare
Gates you control have Extort.
3, T: Add WB to your mana pool.

Gruul Cairn
Land - Gate
Rare
Discard a Gate card: target attacking creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
3, T: Add GR to your mana pool.

Simic Cairn
Land - Gate
Rare
Whenever a Gate enters the battlefield under your control, put a 5/5 blue Illusion creature token onto the battlefield then exile it.
3, T: Add UG to your mana pool.

Boros Cairn
Land - Gate
Rare
Tap two Gates you control: Target creature can't block this turn.
3, T: Add WR to your mana pool.

Dimir Cairn
Land - Gate
Rare
You may play Gate cards from your graveyard.
3, T: Add UB to your mana pool.

I like the idea of adding more gates and making them care about how many gates you are playing.
I do wonder whether pushing players to play all their lands as gates is a good thing or not, but ill give it the benefit of the doubt.
I think these would be ok at Uncommon and would fit better there especially from a Limited perspective. At rare you wouldnt draft these as you couldnt be confident of getting enough other gates to power them.
I also think the first ability would be ok with a cost of 2,T: which would make them a bit more playable.
I dont get the Simic one... does it get exiled immediately or at end of turn? If immediately, isnt it a bit pointless?
Lastly, why are there only 5 of them? Are there supposed to be 10 and you want us to assume the others or did you want to only have 5? I'd understand 5 if you only did allied colour guilds or enemy colour guilds, but the 5 you have are mixed, so I'll assume there are meant to be 10.
I think this could be a really nice cycle with a bit of development work, but isnt quite there as it was submitted.
7.5/10

MagusGee wrote:
Retainer's Sacrifice 0
Instant, Rare

Fanatic's Sacrifice 0
Instant, Rare
~ is red. As you cast ~, discard X cards from your hand. Target creature gains +X/+X and gains haste until end of turn. X must be greater than 0.

Druid's Sacrifice 0
Instant, Rare
~ is green. As you cast ~, discard X cards from your hand. Add X mana in any combination of up to two colors to your mana pool.

Thrall's Sacrifice 0
Instant, Rare
~ is black. As you cast ~, discard X cards from your hand. Destroy target creature with power or toughness less than or equal to X.

Researcher's Sacrifice 0
Instant, Rare
~ is Blue. As you cast ~, discard X cards from your hand. Draw X cards. X can be no greater than 3.

I like the idea of this cycle but I have a few issues still.
I think the discard requirement needs to be "as an additional cost". i.e. You should have to discard even if it gets countered.
The main problem I have is that the power levels are all over the place.
The white one is WAY underpowered.
The blue one is a free "discard 3, draw 3" which is WAY OVERpowered.
The black and red ones are just right and the green one is ok in standard but would be abused in Modern or Legacy.
6.5/10

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Grusly Bear - BB
Creature - Bear Zombie
Whenever another Zombie enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on Grusly Bear.
2/2
(Rear)

Armed Bear - WW
Creature - Bear Soldier
Whenever another Soldier enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on ~this.
2/2
(Rear)

Mage Bear -UU
Creature - Bear Wizard
Whenever another Wizard enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on ~this.
2/2
(Rear)

Scarred Bear - RR
Creature - Bear Lizard
Whenever another Lizard enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on ~this.
2/2
(Rear)

Regular Bear - GG
Creature - Bear Shaman
Whenever another Bear enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on ~this.
2/2
(Rear)

This is a cool, well executed, simple cycle.
I think Id like them to be Uncommon rather than Rear (Rare?) but I can live with that.
Again these have room for missing flavour text but I like them regardless.
9.5/10

Stucco wrote:
Fleeting Apparition.......................U
Creature - Spirit...........................C
Flash, Flying
When Fleeting Apparition enters the battlefield, return another creature you control to its owner's hand.
2/1

Fleeting Conjurer.........................1UU
Creature - Spirit...........................U
Flash, Flying
When Fleeting Conjurer enters the battlefield, counter target creature spell.
3/2

Fleeting Clairvoyant....................2UUU
Creature - Spirit..........................R
Flash, Flying
When Fleeting Clairvoyant enters the battlefield, draw two cards.
4/3

Are vertical cycles easier to do or do I just like them better?
What we have here are 3 playable, well designed cards in their own right that are also tied together well to form a cycle.
I dont like the flavour of the "Fleeting" name as this evokes ideas of vanishing or temporaryness to me rather than being quick and coming as a surprise.
9/10

_Godica wrote:
All are Common Enchantments:
Spark of Frenzy 1R
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may have it deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, you may have it deal 3 damage to target creature or player.

Spark of Decay 1B
When ~ enters the battlefield, put the top 5 cards of your library into your graveyard.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, you may return up to 2 target cards from your graveyard to your hand.

Spark of Fertility 1G
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, target land you control becomes a 3/3 green Centaur creature. It's still a land.

Spark of Insight 1U
When ~ enters the battlefield, Scry 2 then draw a card.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, Scry 3 then draw a card.

Spark of Valor 1W
When ~ enters the battlefield, put two 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens into play.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on up to 2 target creatures.

OK. This proves its not just that I prefer vertical enchantments.
What can I say about this?
The flavour is cool.
The power level is spot on.
This feels like the sort of cycle Wizards would print.
I also like that you have thought through where a cycle like this would work and I would really look forward to that block.
10/10

Domine wrote:
Howl of Revenge 1G
Sorcery
Put a 2/2 green Wolf creature token onto the battlefield
If you lost the last game of this match it gains flash and put two 2/2 green Wolf creature token onto the battlefield instead.
"Hear them coming down the hill"

Scream of Vengeance B
Sorcery
Destroy target creature with converted mana cost 1 or less
If you lost the last game of this match it gains flash and destroy target creature instead.
"Hear them dying in my hands"

Anthem of Retribution 2W
Sorcery
Return target creature from your graveyard to your hand
If you lost the last game of this match it gains flash and return target creature from your graveyard to the battlefield instead.
"Hear them marching to war"

Growl of Avengement 1R
Sorcery
Growl of Avengement deals 2 damage to target creature
If you lost the last game of this match it gains flash and Growl of Avengement deals 4 damage to target creature or player instead.
"Hear them bursting in flames"

Mantra of Reprisal 2U
Sorcery
Draw 2 cards
If you lost the last game of this match it gains flash and Draw 4 cards instead.
"Hear them meditating their beliefs"

All of them would be uncommon cards.

I love the flavour here. Its absolutely perfect.
I also like that you've tried to be original and creative with the mechanics, but unfortunately I really dont like the mechanic you came up with.
I dont think there is a space in MtG for a mechanic that cares about previous games. Its my own opinion, but again, Im judging so Im allowed to be opinionated.
8/10

So the choice of winner is between Sc4rs' Unleashed Mind creatures and _Godica's Spark enchantments.
This is a really tough one to call, but Im going to give it to Sc4rs for the extra effort of encouraging players to play the whole cycle in a deck with a nice little combo.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for judging: go next (colorless sorcery, nice idea).
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2