Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doll House deck...

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
DarklordDrex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Doll House deck... Reply with quote

First off I'm newish to Magic and such. Been playing for about two weeks, so don't expect too much from this deck.

Keeping it to the T2 sets.

A friend of mine was so excited to hear Stuffy Doll was back and I felt making a fun deck, that might have some sort of competitiveness in it, that included Stuff Doll, Creepy Doll, and Volatile Rig (althought I don't like Rig anymore.)

This is my current decklist, any tips and such would be helpful (keep in mind that it's more for fun than deadly):

Main deck:

4 Stuffy Doll
4 Creepy Doll
2 Restoration Angel
3 Thragtusk
2 Centaur Healer
2 Young Wolf
2 Geralf's Messenger

2 Mana Bloom
2 Abundant Growth
2 Murder
3 Blasphemous Act
2 Unburial Rites
3 Farseek
3 Rolling Temblor

3 Forest
3 Plains
4 Rootbound Crag
2 Woodland Cemetery
4 Temple Garden
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Bloodcrypt

Sideboard:

2 Manor Gargoyle
2 Predator Ooze
2 Ambush Viper
2 Bonfire of the Damned
3 Tragic Slip
2 Abrupt Decay
2 Appetite for Brains

Should be 60/15, if there are cards missing let me know.

I'm still testing the viability of the deck and whether or not the equipments will help the deck or hamper it.

Thanks for your feedback (if you're a troll you're ignored)

*Edit: Dropped Volatile Rig and equipments. Added a few different creatures, including Geralf's Messenger to add a bit more burn. Changed out the sideboard to be able to side in two other indestructibles. Added Red for cards such as Blasphemous Act (-13 to your opponent when Stuffy's out) Performing decently under tests so far.

Last edited by DarklordDrex on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:52 am; edited 2 times in total
magicman85

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dolls have pretty much 0 synergy with the rest of the deck. They are both 5 drops so that makes them pretty much unplayable. To make it better you would have to drop the dolls, and Uburial Rites has no business in that deck. Theres a million things I would change but you pretty much need to make a different deck.

Basically, what you have is Restoration Angel, Thragtusk, Temple Garden, and Rancor. You pretty much have 1 choice. Go for a GW aggro with Loxodon Smiters.
Mizukage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85, this is the casual decks section. If the man wants to play his dolls, then let him.

Next time keep your pompous statements to yourself.
DarklordDrex

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizukage wrote:
magicman85, this is the casual decks section. If the man wants to play his dolls, then let him.

Next time keep your pompous statements to yourself.

Thank you. I had it in Standard until I saw the Casual section. So far I've gotten better advice in the wrong place, and trolled in the right place. No hope. (-_-) Putting up the current decklist too
pg8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd play the 4th farseek before the 1st mana bloom.

Curse of the Nightly Hunt seems fun with Stuffy Doll.
doc_morriar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it might be ideal if you cut the black altogether.
geralfs messenger is terrible in this deck (he is very strong when you cast him on turn 2 or 3, but not in this deck)

id also add in a little burn for reach (searing spear or pillar of flame) just to add resiliency in the early game Smile
Yavimaya73

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a deck called "Disco Inferno" which was a white/red deck with tons of global red damage and prot-red creatures and a singleton stuffy doll just for kicks. It was a really fun deck, obviously casual..hell I used to use Chaos Lace just to turn their stuff red. Now there's some hard core rogue tech for ya Wink
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1