Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maverickish

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
Ssilhouette

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Maverickish Reply with quote

The actual list:

// Lands
1 [CHK] Eiganjo Castle
1 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
2 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
2 [RAV] Temple Garden
1 [WWK] Sejiri Steppe
1 [SOM] Razorverge Thicket
1 [DIS] Breeding Pool
1 [ISD] Moorland Haunt
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
1 [ZEN] Island (1)
1 [FUT] Horizon Canopy
1 [DIS] Hallowed Fountain
1 [LRW] Forest (2)
1 [FUT] Dryad Arbor
1 [ZEN] Plains (1)
2 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
1 [WWK] Stirring Wildwood

// Creatures
4 [CFX] Noble Hierarch
3 [ISD] Geist of Saint Traft
4 [CFX] Knight of the Reliquary
3 [ARB] Qasali Pridemage
4 [10E] Birds of Paradise
3 [MBS] Mirran Crusader
4 [DKA] Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
1 [LRW] Gaddock Teeg
1 [TSP] Scryb Ranger
1 [M11] Fauna Shaman

// Spells
4 [CFX] Path to Exile
1 [DS] Sword of Fire and Ice
3 [M13] Ajani, Caller of the Pride
1 [DS] Sword of Light and Shadow

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [LRW] Gaddock Teeg
SB: 1 [ALA] Bant Charm
SB: 2 [MBS] Thrun, the Last Troll
SB: 3 [MOR] Negate
SB: 3 [NPH] Spellskite
SB: 1 [RAV] Life from the Loam
SB: 3 [M12] Phantasmal Image
SB: 1 [NPH] Batterskull

The deck tries to kill fast or go for a late-gameish approach. It can kill t4 with 2 attacks (with Noble Hierarch + Geist and Ajani) or can grind opponents out with KotR and Fauna Shaman activations).

Having 4 Thalias means you'll get so much ahead of control decks, and access to Cavern of Souls naming Human is really nice.

Mirran Crusader + a few exalted instances and some Ajani counters can steal some wins really fast.

Match ups:

Most of this section is not fully tested, and I may very well be wrong.

Jund-ish: Mirran Crusader shines a lot here. Geist with pumping from Ajani or even a KotR that goes unchecked for a turn has a big potential to win you the game. KotR can save a creature by fetching out Sejiri Steppe. If the game goes longer, you have Fauna Shaman, Moorland Haunt, more Mirran Crusaders and Swords.

Affinity (or Robots, if you will): Qasali Pridemage is THE card. Thalia can sometimes wreck their Thoughtcast chains and even Drums or Moxes. Here, KotR is your main card to win with. Sometimes you just play out an Ajani, -3 it and they're dead to your giant exalted KotR.
Post-board we have Bant Charm, Spellskite (experimenting with it to steal Ravager counters) and we have Batterskull.

UW Tempo: Thalia shines. Gaddock Teeg shines and Geist may potentially shine. Swords lategame are nice. If they don't counter your Geist on turn 2 you're in a nice shape. Didn't test the MU enough, so I don't know exactly if this is completely accurate.
Post-board we have another Teeg, Life from the Loam for lategame (with the one Horizon Canopy and some fetch it can go a long way), Bant Charm and Image, siding out Geists seems cool too. Thruns are nice.

So, in a more general sense, the deck is a cool fast deck and a cool late-game deck with KotR. I'm not sure why I don't have Goyfs... I might test a list with it, but it seems like the deck prefers 3drops on turn 2.

Any kind of feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
pg8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Blade Splicer > Mirran Crusader
Rath

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how often Spellskite is going to "steal" modular counters...
RAC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I do not like Knight of the reliquary, nomally It is a huge creature but Deathrite shamman is being played a lot and it makes your Knight a lot worse.

Mirran Crusader is a good card but the problem of that card is that dies with the most played spot removal, lightning bolt.

In this deck maybe I will add loxodon smither.

The sideboard, I like the Spellskite is good against spot removal decks, splitter twin and infect, not bad against affinity ( against Etched champion and ravagers). I will add 1-2 Aven Mindcensor and another batterskull. I do not like the single life from the loam.

You have to test against the Tier 1 decks and make changes because I think that the list is not optimized.
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about going bant?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1