Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New alternative Theme for MWSplay - MtG_JCStrainer

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
JC_Strainer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: New alternative Theme for MWSplay - MtG_JCStrainer Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I want to present to you a project I've been working on the last few days. It's an alternative theme for MWSplay in Magic Workstation. I mostly took pictures from various themes I could find, edited some of them to my liking and set everything together to create this theme.

Screenshot v1.0

Screenshot v1.1

Screenshot v1.2

As base, I used the latest version of the New Magic Theme from rpgmem, therefore the theme includes all set items and frames up to Return to Ravnica. I changed the Avatar, Background, Playerinfo and Steps icons, as well as the cardback. Thanks to these people for their awesome graphics: rpgmem, DreamCrawler, Hiryu, Malhavoc, Nuttawet, FirePenguinMaster.

Download v1.0

Download v1.1

Download v1.2

I hope you like it, btw, if you want to set this theme in Windows Vista or Windows 7 and have problems doing so, you have to use regedit and move to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Magic Workstation" and change the value of Active Theme from "MtG_NewMagic" to "MtG_JCStrainer".

Greets

Edit: Fixed some transparency errors and changed the background to a nicer one (v1.1). Still left the old version for those who prefer it.

Edit1: Another thing I remembered, I created a Soundpack for Cockatrice that contains all the MWS sounds, which I found way better than the noisy stuff Cockatrice uses. I still like sounds when an action happens though, so I created that pack.

MWS Soundpack for Cockatrice

Edit2: Thanks to the feedback of Dantalion, I updated the theme one more time, this time making the icons for hand, library, exile and graveyard darker to make them readable better. I think it was a great idea, thanks again for that Dantalion!

Edit3: For those having problems setting a new theme in MWS, here is a tutorial:

Code:
1. Download theme archive (links below).

2. Unpack theme. Copy .mwTheme file to the "Themes" MWS folder.

3. Run MWS and apply new theme (Tools->Preferences->Interface).

4. Sometimes MWS just shuts down then trying to change the theme. Try to delete "Custom Sets" folder, then open the program and change theme under interface as directed.

Last edited by JC_Strainer on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:13 am; edited 3 times in total
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont have to use regedit to change themes
Jtos84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Looks good Reply with quote

I need to figure out how tochange my background. The standard blue design is hard on my eyes. I think I solid color like black, or blue would work out good.
xHourglass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say thank you, for doing something to improve m-l. Between the amount of minis and trials you've been running, and now this, the community is indebted to your efforts.
Burton911

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Looks good Reply with quote

Jtos84 wrote:
I need to figure out how tochange my background. The standard blue design is hard on my eyes. I think I solid color like black, or blue would work out good.

http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=473
JC_Strainer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Jtos84: I think the second version of my theme is pretty easy on the eye, it is not solid black (as that is a little boring imho) but as close as you can get while still looking good Wink

@xHourglass: Thanks a lot. Very Happy Doing my best to make it a better experience for everyone.
Darkjuggalo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutly my fav. Awesome job man!
Whoop Whoop!

MattyIce

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I get a walkthough on how to install the theme? I am somewhat new to MWS and have no experience when it comes to themes.
JC_Strainer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can change your theme in MWS easily:

1. Copy the .mwtheme file into your Magic Workstation/Themes folder
2. Open Workatation - Tools - Preferences
3. Go to Interface
4. Change "Graphic Theme" from what you have selected (either Default or NewMagic) to MtG_JCStrainer.

Done!

Have fun.
MattyIce

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dowloaded the theme, and copied it into the MWS Themes folder yet all that appears still is "default, new magic, old magic" Did i do something wrong?
DarklordDrex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the themes... Downloaded v1.0. I saw the sounds about cockatrice, and I wanted to ask is there a way to make the sounds in MWS softer? (I don't mind them, I actually like hearing a sound when an action is taken, but most of them are too loud for my liking.)
JC_Strainer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DarklordDrexI agree, I pretty much solved it by changing the volume of MWSplay on itsself. It is also possible to make the sound files themselves lower, if there is general demand for it I can definitely do that.

@MattyIce: Did you copy the .mwtheme file or the .zip file? The file you can download here is a .zip archive, you have to extract the actual .mwtheme file. If you've done that correctly and it still doesn't work, try renaming the theme, and if it still isn't recognized, you can rename your current theme (NewMagic most of the time) to NewMagic1 and rename this theme to "NewMagic.mwtheme".
DarklordDrex

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JC_Strainer wrote:
@DarklordDrexI agree, I pretty much solved it by changing the volume of MWSplay on itsself. It is also possible to make the sound files themselves lower, if there is general demand for it I can definitely do that.
".

Thanks for taking it into consideration. I'll check back here now and again to see there is a changed file.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1