Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 167 - WBR Punisher!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erlebogan, Pain Incarnate 2WBR

Legendary Creature - Elemental [Mythic Rare]

Haste, flying

Whenever ~ attacks, you may pay WBR plus 2 for each time ~ has attacked this turn. If you do, untap all attacking creatures and after this phase there is an additional combat phase.

5/4

------

The idea is to have the first activation cost 2WBR (because the ability counts his initial attack) and each subsequent cost be 2 more. Tons of mana = tons of punishment. I suggest a lot of mana rocks in whatever deck you play that plays him, as well as some abilities that buff him (such as Fervent Charge, Bad Moon, etc.)

Let me see what the math is, assuming you curve out at Fervent Charge and then him, his initial swing he's a 7/6. Then next turn you hit whoever for 14.

BUT! assuming you're playing a standard 4-player Commander game, that gives your opponents plenty of time to answer him. He has no way of protecting himself, so he's pretty vulnerable.

Also theoretically you could add him to a cycle of 2RUG, 2GWB, 2RWU, and 2GUB legendary elementals that have similar abilities.
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the picture and the name convey enough flavour that flavour text would have been redundant.

Absorb is a keyword from Future Sight ala...

Last edited by Jacois on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, Archangel of Holy Rage - 1WBR
Legendary Creature - Angel (Mythic rare)
Flying, Vigilance, First Strike, Deathtouch
1WW: Put 4/4 white Angel token with flying on the battlefield
1BR: Destroy target non-white creature
2/2
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image source: http://abstract.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/965100/

pseudodespot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretic Angel 3WW

Creature - Angel (rare)

Flying, first strike

3RR: Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn. Activate this ability only during your turn.

B, sacrifice a creature: Target player discards a card at random. Activate this ability only during your turn.

4/4
Canabiest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regivore
WBR
Legendary Creature - Lhurgoyf
Mythic Rare

First strike, Haste
Regivore's power and thoughness are each equal to the number of creatures in all command zones.
Whenever Regivore deals combat damage to a player or commander, put a +1/+1 counter on Regivore.

*/*

"In a race ruled by palate the eater of kings demands it's own crown."

Made for a Commander only product obviously. Where it can reference Commander rules and be a wacky legend that would never see the light of thoroughly worldbuild set.
It punishes players who build decks that never plan to utilize their commanders and those who are playing too slowly.
It is meant to create a tension too, wether it is in the command zone or on the battlefield. You have to attack with it early to keep it on the battlefield, but that makes you enemies in a political game.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art Source

Quote:
Menabel, Sparkling Ashes 2WBR
Legendary Creature - Angel MR
Flying, vigilance
Whenever a player taps a nonland permanent, that player lose 1 life.
WBR: Your life total can't change until end of turn. Activate this ability only during your turn.
Her fire never dies, he sleeps under the ashes.
4/4

Inspiration: Manabarbs + Personal Sanctuary + black for loss of life versus damage.

Last edited by Thelemys on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 5 times in total
JC_Strainer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cratulu, Devourer of Hope 3WBR

Legendary Creature - Demon [Mythic Rare]

Vigilance, haste

At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, choose a permanent that player controls. Then that opponent sacrifices a permanent. If the sacrificed permanent isn't the chosen permanent, that opponent loses 5 life.

4/4

Well, what is to say about this card: I thought about what was the essence of the 3 colors, and the thing that stood out to me, this combination can in fact destroy every permanent type. (Especially now that Dreadbore was printed). I didn't want to do another targeted destroyer, so I created this sacrifice mechanic. My initial draft involved permanent types and was way more complicated than that. Right now, you give your opponent the choice of 2 things: Losing their best permanent or losing 5 life.
He also went from 5/5 to 4/4, as having Haste, a 5/5 body and this awesome ability seemed too much for CMC of 6. I think as a 4/4, he is still strong, but not broken (hopefully). Anyway, this is my second suggestion, I really like this section, please keep it alive!)
The theme is also reflected, as the opponent has a choice, he doesn't have to lose 5 life, "You didn't sac the chosen permanent, you did this to yourself." Twisted Evil

Last edited by JC_Strainer on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sareth Sa of the Pestilent Dawn 3RWB

Legendary Creature - Dragon Skeleton - Mythic

Flying, Vigilance, Wither

1R: Sareth Sa of the Pestilent Dawn gains +1/+0 until end of turn.

1W: Sareth Sa of the Pestilent Dawn gains lifeline until end of turn.

1B: Sareth Sa of the Pestilent Dawn deals 1 damage to target creature that dealt damage this turn.

5/5

Flame and disease behind a gleaming sun, sword and death; Sareth Sa - the Pestilent One.

No further explanation needed!!

Last edited by AxiomBlurr on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isotis, the Unbiased 1WRB

Legendary Creature - Avatar

Whenever a player or permanent is dealt damage, its source's controller loses that much life.

"We are all connected, we are all the same."

4/4
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asha, The Corrupt Guardian 2RBW

Legendary Creature - Angel

Flying

Whenever an opponent draws a card, you may draw a card.
Whenever you would draw a card, any opponent may discard a card at random. If that player does, skip that draw and gain 3 life.

"Your insolence will be your downfall." Asha

6/5
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damaging Quandary....RR3
enchantment....rare

Whenever a player casts a spell, that player loses 5 life unless he or she sacrifices a permanent.

A life is paid with another. Power is paid with more power.

-Vulshok incantation

***inspiration is obvious. vulshok as opposite to moriok. any player because if not this would be to powerful, especially in conjunction to painful quandary. first i thought to make it non-land permanent, but then again that would bee too powerful. this and a sweeper would be a lock to harsh to deal with.
doc_morriar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helter, of Havoc RBW
Legendary Creature: Devil R

Whenever a player would lose life, all players lose that much life instead.

Whenever a player would gain life, you gain that much life instead.

3/1

"I'm gonna get you, you little runt... AHHHH"
IanStraka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Deranged Arbiter 3WWBR

Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (Mythic Rare)

Vigilance

Whenever a player casts an instant or sorcery, that player must discard a card of the same type or lose 4 life.

Whenever a player casts an artifact, creature, or enchantment, that player must sacrifice a permanent of the same type or lose 4 life.

3/5

"Justice for all, or justice for none."
Spyx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grixis the Mirrorkeeper WBR
Legendary Creature - Human Abomination

If a player would gain life, he or she loses that much life instead.

If a player would draw a card except the first one he or she draws in his or her draw step each turn, that player discards a card instead.

If a noncreature source would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals that much damage to that source's controller instead.

0/2
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2