Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic: the Role Playing Game

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
tehkorr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Magic: the Role Playing Game Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I was browsing SCG today and came across an article by Abe Sargent talking about casual format variants, and one seemed really interesting. It was called Magic: the Role Playing Game. It basically turns MTG into an RPG. I've included the links below. Anyone else interested in starting this up over Magic-League? We could use single matches with "Other" as the rating category and the format description could be MRPG.

Original Article
Unearthed Arcana (1st update)
Unearthed Arcana II (2nd update)
Magic: the Role Playing Game Second Edition
Magic: the Role Playing Game Updates

If anyone is interested, I guess we could just keep our character sheets in this thread.[/url]

Last edited by tehkorr on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this idea. I would definitely be willing to do this. As far as character sheets, keeping them in the thread would definitely suffice because then players that are dueling each other can check to make sure players aren't cheating and whatnot.
Ssilhouette

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it yesterday (only the first article), and that sounds totally awesome. I'm not really sure how to incorporate it to m-l, but if someone could make a poll to see how much of us would like it, I think that would be awesome.
I'm already going to play it with my cousins, that's for sure. Thanks for sharing!
tehkorr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't think it's able to be fully sanctioned as a m-l format but like I had said above, for keeping track of matches we could use the other ratings category and format description MRPG and that way we'd be able to not only keep track of proper xp but also prevent from cheating in a way cause intentionally bombing matches would hurt you rating in that category.
tehkorr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm going to post the first M-L M:tRPG character!!!

Name: Korr, the Firewalker

Experience: 0
Level: 1

Mage Points (MP):

Mental Fortitude: 6
Physical Fortitude: 5
Recall: 3
Constraint: 0
Traits and Skills:
Pyromancer (Whenever a spell you play deals damage to a creature or player it deals an additional damage)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1