Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wild Beastmaster and Auger Spree

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Wild Beastmaster and Auger Spree Reply with quote

I attack my opponent with a Wild Beastmaster and some other generic dudes. My opponent, after I declare attackers, kills my 1/1 Wild Beastmaster with an Auger Spree.

What happens here?
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You use its last known power.

Quote:
The value of X is determined when the triggered ability resolves. If Wild Beastmaster is no longer on the battlefield at that time, use its last known power to determine the value of X. This could be bad for you if Wild Beastmasterís power was negative. For example, if Wild Beastmasterís power is -4, each other creature you control will get -4/-4 until end of turn.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=270784

Sounds like auger spree pumps all your creatures up +4+4 for you
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time I run blue in a draft or sealed, I'm gonna start siding in a downsize for the luls.
Mizukage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GunsAndDope wrote:
Next time I run blue in a draft or sealed, I'm gonna start siding in a downsize for the luls.

I run downsize maindeck quite often. And trust me, its not for the luls.
tehkorr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wild Beastmaster checks it's power when it is declared as an attack to get X. Auger Spree might shut off the whole of the ability, or it only uses 1 as X, but I do know X doesn't become 5
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is incorrect tehkorr.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=270784
10/1/2012 The value of X is determined when the triggered ability resolves. If Wild Beastmaster is no longer on the battlefield at that time, use its last known power to determine the value of X. This could be bad for you if Wild Beastmasterís power was negative. For example, if Wild Beastmasterís power is -4, each other creature you control will get -4/-4 until end of turn.

If Wild Beastmaster attacks, and a player casts Auger Spree in response to its triggered ability, its last known information will be 5 power/-3 toughness. Each other creature controlled by WB's controller will get +5/+5 until end of turn.
Laonis_Taere

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that the question was not the clearest. It was stated that the opponent killed the beastmaster after attackers were declared, but didn't specify whether or not the beastmaster's triggered ability had resolved.

If it had already resolved, then the beastmaster pumps his creatures by +1/+1. It doesn't track the beastmasters power or anything like that. If it was still on the stack, it functions as xJudicatorx said.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1