Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 151 Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Kaesh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: CaC 151 Judged Reply with quote

I must say I am overall not very impressed with this round's submissions. Apparently triggered abilities are way easier to design than activated abilities. (This sort of makes sense)
Here are my thoughts:

CMA-Flippi wrote:

Barking Dog - G - Common
Creature - Dog
G, tap: Barking Dog can't attack this turn.
barking dogs seldom bite
2/1

Arf arf. D
Duodax wrote:

Chronomancer U

Creature - Human Wizard RARE

Exile Chronomancer: Draw two cards, then end the turn. Use this ability only any time you could use a sorcery and only during your precombat main phase.

0/1

Hopelessly broken. D
AxiomBlurr wrote:

Rootrot Priestess GB

Creature - Cleric - Rare

1, Sacrifice Rootrot Priestess: Destroy each non land permanent
with converted mana cost 1 or less.

2/2

Decayed and befouled she shares her gifts with the meek.

This is the exact kind of card I was looking for, but it just lacks that extra zing of a winner. A
ShamedShadow wrote:

Pool Delver 1U

Creature - Vedalken Wizard [Uncommon]

U, T: Exile the top two cards of your library face down. At the beginning of the next end step, put those cards into your hand.

A swim in the pool is more intellectually stimulating than any other singular thing.

1/2

---------------

This card is obviously in reference to the Seat of the Synod and the Knowledge Pool within it.

This card is obviously horribly broken. D
Krabik wrote:

Everwandering Brachyura____UB

Creature - Zombie Crab________Rare

1UB, Discard a card: Exile target creature or enchantment.

"When alive it could catch dragons with it's claws. Now it's even able to seize magic." - Basia of the scared tribe.

1/2

Crabs are cool, but this card just doesn't make sense. B
Balaviaris wrote:

Thesaurus, Arch-librarian of Alexandria U

Legendary Creature - Human Wizard

Tap: Draw a card.

The penalty for asking the wrong question can easily be decades of misunderstanding.

1/1

Brave. If it was a 0/1 for 2U, I would have bought it. B
GunsAndDope wrote:

Unassuming Cleric | 2WW
Creature - Human Cleric (Mythic)

Sacrifice Unassuming Cleric: Win the Game

-2/-2

I think the original version was perfectly fine. The idea is also kind of cool by itself, but strictly combo cards will never be particularly acclaimed. B+
pseudodespot wrote:

Terratrickser 1U

Creature - Merfolk Wizard (rare)

T: Exile target land card from a graveyard. Put a token onto the battlefield that is a copy of that land. Exile that token at the beginning of the next end step.

2/2

Very cool, might be too wordy, but I like it. A
Stucco wrote:

Kjeldoran Bear...................1G
Creature - Bear..................U

W: Kjeldoran Bear gets +1/+0 and gains first strike until the end of turn.

The snow covered bluffs of Kjeld offer an unparalleled advantage for the ancient bears.

2/2

Try harder next time. C
Gademis wrote:

Tel-Shin Spellplaguer BU

Legendary Creature - Vampire Wizard (R)

Tap: All creatures lose all abilities until end of turn. Tel-Shin Spellplaguer gains all these abilities until end of turn.

"Easy to use, hard to master"
2/2

I don't really think this clicks, but it's not a bad idea. A-
thelemys wrote:

Sky Igniter UR
Creature - Human MR
UR : Sky Igniter deals 1 damage to target opponent for each untaped land he or she controls. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
I stood at the edge where the lava ascended,
my journey done where the world ended.
I looked downstream: there was nothing but sky,
the sound of the eruption, and the echo’s reply.
2/2

This does nothing! A 2 mana ability that might make the opponent tap his lands as a sorcery - seems pretty bad. C+ for effort
sc4rs wrote:

Moonseer Mage
R
Creature - Human Shaman - R
T: Until the beginning of your next upkeep, nonbasic lands are Mountains. Play this ability only during your upkeep.
1/1
"There is no face there, no crab, no woman in a dress. Only scars, deep as graves."

Really cool - I don't think the limitation is necessary though. A
axman wrote:

Hijark, Monk of Solitude 1WU
Creature -- Legendary Monk
T: Target non-land permanent becomes a legend until end of turn.
3/3
"No sane man chooses the path of the lone wolf willingly" -- Hijark, Monk of Solitude[/i]

I don't think it works like you think it does. Maybe if it wasn't until end of turn. B-
Magellan wrote:

Deceiver Behind the Lines
R
Creature - Human Mercenary
1/1
Rare
R,T, discard a card: Gain control of target creature with converted mana cost 2 or less an opponent controls until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn
I saved your life! Come on, now follow me!

This is a really cool idea, but the cost for the ability is way too high. B+
judas_bcn wrote:

Guardian of the Bridge..........2
artifact creature - construct (rare)
Defender
tap, discard a card: creatures with power equal or greater than the number of cards in your hand can't attack this turn.

0/4

You shall not pass!

I love it, but it's so anticlimactic. A-
Canabiest wrote:

God of Gore
2BB
Creature - Assassin Avatar
Rare

T: Destroy target creature.

4/3

It is what murderers pray to. Every fall of the knife a sacrament, every scream a hymn and the last breath on the gallows a final prayer.

Yeah. A
Jacois wrote:

Drider Spinslinger
1BB
Creature - Arachne Warrior
2/3
Uncommon
B, T: Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature and tap it.
Its corrosive web dissolves as quickly as its prey.

This is a cool card... FOR LIMITED. B+
kumagmd wrote:

Squee, Champion of Dominaria
2R
Legendary Creature - Goblin (R)
T: Squee, Champion of Dominaria deals 1 damage to each creature and each player.
"All our hopes rests on his green, stooped and warted shoulders. We're doomed." - Tahngarth
1/1

I think he would have close to perfect at R. A-
Domine wrote:

Deathspeaker Troll 1GB

Creature - Zombie Troll

0: Regenerate Deathspeaker Troll

"He speaks the language of death for he is so full of it"

5/2

Rare

If you made it a 4/1, you would have probably won the whole thing, but this is a bit too much. A-
Bairdsy wrote:

Introspection Mage
1UB
Creature - Human Wizard
1/2
Rare
T: Target player loses 2 life and draws a card.
Your soul is a small price to pay for the knowledge he can offer.

This ability would have been cool on a 3cc enchantment or artifact, but a 1/2 creature is just not good enough. B+
Omnom wrote:

Koth's Disciple 1RR

Creature - Human Wizard (Uncommon)

1R, (T): Target mountain becomes a 4/4 red Elemental creature until end of turn. It's still a land.

2/1

Nice idea, but the card is weak. B-
Mizukage wrote:

Vedalken Warrior Magi 1U

Creature - Vedalken Wizard Berseker (Rare)

U, {Q}: Draw three cards then put three cards from your hand on top of your library in any order. ( {Q} is the untap symbol. )

2/2

We shall attain mastery over all facets of knowledge, by force if need be.

Damn, this is a good card. And the untap symbol too! A+
Mr_Weebles wrote:

Gitaxian Spellshaper - U
Creature - Human Wizard (Rare)

U, Tap, Exile two cards from your graveyard: Look at target player's hand. Draw a card.

1/1

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulder of giants.

I see what you did there, and it is kind of cool, but in the end the cost is a bit too much for the effect. A-
ikazuchi wrote:

Herald of Evolution G
Creature - Elf Shaman (Rare)

G, T, Return this creature to its owner's hand: You may put a creature card with converted mana cost equal to 1 plus the returned creature's converted mana cost from your hand onto the battlefield. If you do, it gains this ability.

“If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we are not really living.”

1/1

This is really original and thoughtful. "It gains this ability" sort of cards are always questionable, but here it's worth it. A+
bla11 wrote:

D29C 3
Artifact Creature - Blueprint
tap:Play this ability only if D29C has dealed combat damage to a player this turn. You may choose a spell from outside the game that player owns. Exile that spell and copy it. You may cast the copy.
0/3

What? D
ck3gds wrote:

Realmforce Gatherer 2G

Creature - Elf Druid (rare)

T: For each permanent type among permanents you control, add one mana of any color to your mana pool. (Artifact, creature, enchantment, land, planeswalker and tribal are permanent types.)

"The force is strong in me."

2/2

Edit #1: Casting cost from 1G to 2G. Putting this at 1G means consistent access to 5 mana on T3 with no additional effort (e.g. Joraga Treespeaker) or drawback (e.g. Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary), which I think is a bit too strong for my liking. To offset this cost hike, P/T from 1/1 to 2/2.

I liked it better as a 1/1 for 1G. Maybe it should have been a 0/1 and/or only made green mana. A-
KnowN wrote:

Thought Thief - 1UU
Creature - wizard (rare)

T: until the beginning of your next end step, Thought Thief gains all activated abilities of all creatures target opponent controls, you may pay UU to activate those abilities instead of paying their cost.

0/3

He can beat any challenge by finding the answer through the minds of others or by finding clever loop holes

Hurr durr, I have a nice ability but I'm a 0/3. B+
BIRDYYY wrote:

Delver, The Snapcaster Mage.

Mythic Rare.
Legendary creature- Human Wizard.

(U) 1/2

(UU) Tap, you may cast target instant or sorcery from your graveyard with converted mana cost 1 without paying its mana cost. Then exile it.

This wording doesn't work, but you may have been on to something. B
blitzer2k7 wrote:

Angel of Rebirth 3WW

Creature - Angel (Rare)

2WW: Raturn target creature card from your graveyard to play. Activate this ability anytime you could cast a sorcery and only on your turn.

3/5

(I still think it needs flying since all non-shapeshifter angels fly but since it can only have one ability.....)

It could have been a spirit or a cleric. The idea is good, but it's kind of unimpressive compared to the 5cc creatures that recently saw play in constructed. A-

1st: ikazuchi
2nd: Mizukage
3rd: Canabiest
Congratulations to ikazuchi, and thanks to everyone for participating!
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sky Igniter UR
Creature - Human MR
UR : Sky Igniter deals 1 damage to target opponent for each untaped land he or she controls. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
I stood at the edge where the lava ascended,
my journey done where the world ended.
I looked downstream: there was nothing but sky,
the sound of the eruption, and the echo’s reply.
2/2
I finded usefull to obtain:
1/ an opponent with no untaped land (no counterspell! no combat tricks...).
2/ lot of damages if your opponent decide to let 2 or 3 lands open for instant on your turn.

May be it should have said: R : Sky Igniter deals 1 damage to target opponent for each untaped land, artifact and creature he or she controls. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Cool

New topic coming soon... Idea
kumagmd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goblin legends don't get no respect =P
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1