Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 150 Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Mizukage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: CAC 150 Judged Reply with quote

I apologize in advance if some would think i judge too harshly.

Balaviaris wrote:
Undecided Recruit 3WR

Creature - Uncommon

When Undecided Recruit enters the battlefield, if (G) was spent to cast it, populate and if (U) was spent to cast it, detain target creature an opponent controls.

"But dad! I don't want to join the Boros..." -Commander Augustus' son.

3/3

Challenge Criteria 2/5 : i don't see this being a good card, from the base stats alone I cant see this taking a 5 slot in any curve. and the bonuses are not worth the investment.
Realism 5/5 : if caravan hurda is printable, this is printable.
Creativity 2/5: 2 for the effort
Total: 9/15

ShamedShadow wrote:
Knight of the Promenade G

Creature - Human Knight [Common]

When ~ enters the battlefield, you may add one mana of any color to your mana pool. If you do, sacrifice it.

1/1

Challenge Criteria 1/5 : wild cantor this is not.
Realism 2/5 : i doubt this will ever see print. 2 for the remotest possibility that it will.
Creativity 1/5: Knight. Mana. Sacrifice. This make sense.
Total: 4/15

Domine wrote:
Boros War Ritualist 2W

First Strike, Lifelink

If R was spent to pay for Boros War Ritualist add 2W to your mana pool when it comes into play.

2/1

Uncommon

So you play this guy in turn 3 and then cast one of the auras you can find in RtR or probably a removal spell or another creature.

Challenge Criteria 4/5 : I think RTR is very tempo oriented so this gets my approval. but the synergy isn't very pronounced so no bonus points.
Realism 4/5 : some form of this already saw print.
Creativity 2/5: some form of this already saw print. get it?
Total: 10/15

Magellan wrote:

Challenge Criteria 2/5 : what are your unleashed guys doing untapped?
Realism 1/5 : its a red black flash flyer that enables you to block. something went wrong along the way.
Creativity 3/5: you almost had something here. if it were another color and dispels detain or something, then it would've been quite good.
Total: 6/15

Jacois wrote:

Zegana is the Guild Leader of the Simic and Zonot One is what she is the speaker of within the Simic Combine. Just incase you have no idea what the flavour text means. Razz

Challenge Criteria 5-4/5 : this is a rare.
Realism 5/5 : with the recent power creep, i have no doubt easy three for ones like this would show up in the future.
Creativity 5/5: i dont think mechanic already exists. but if it does, you better come clean.
Total: 11/15

doc_morriar wrote:
try this one for size

alchemist's image G/2 W/2 U/2 B/2 R/2
creature- horror

if no mana was spent to cast alchemist's image, destroy each other creature.

5/5

G/2 is the green phyrexian mana symbol, so on so on

Challenge Criteria 0/5 : im not gonna dignify this with a comment.
Realism 0/5 : ...
Creativity 0/5: ....
Total: 0/15

KnowN wrote:
Fire Drake - 1U
Creature - Drake (Uncommon)

Flying

If R was spent to cast fire drake it gains haste until end of turn.
Fire Drake gets +1/+0 for each mountain you control

1/1

It sets the Skies on fire and turns the Seas to steam

Challenge Criteria 5/5 : i'm a bit impressed actually. now if only there were assault strobe or fling somewhere in RTR, you wouldve gotten an extra point.
Realism 5/5 : submit this to the future future league immediately.
Creativity 5/5: a burn spell masquerading as a permanent. pree-tty good.
Total: 15/15

Canabiest wrote:
Simic Clone
5GG
Creature - Shapeshifter Mutant
Uncommon

Simic Clone enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it.
When Simic Clone enters the battlefield, if U was spend to cast it, it becomes a copy of target creature.

3/3

Challenge Criteria 5/5 : its an uncommon. it is playable with or without the U paid. with the right target, it just dominates the game. me likey.
Realism 5/5 : you really had to jump through some hoops there to not have this come out as a rare. well done.
Creativity 5/5: this affirms that the simic are the guys with the bigger stick.

Stucco wrote:
Gloryblade Paladin..............1WW
Creature - Human Knight.......U

First Strike, Protection from Black

If R was spent to cast Gloryblade Paladin, it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter and has haste.

Justice is a dish best served promptly.

2/2

Challenge Criteria 5/5 : a boring 5.
Realism 5/5 : another boring 5.
Creativity 5/5: another boring 5. i meant 1.

Kaesh wrote:
Rakdos Tormentor
5R
Creature - Demon
4/4
Haste
If B was spent to cast Rakdos Tormentor, target creature gets +3/-3 until end of turn.
"He thrives on his own pain as much as the pain of others."
Uncommon

Challenge Criteria 5+1/5 : yay, at last a straight up 2 for 1. and it evens pushes the unleash guys over the top. kudos.
Realism 5/5 : Demon. Tormentor. Execute. Enforce. Ding Ding Ding.
Creativity 5/5: Just a fine card. Nuff Said.
Total: 16/15

thelemys wrote:
Quote:
Centaur Protector
Creature - Centaur Unco

When Centaur Protector enters the battlefield, if W was spent to cast it, prevent all damage that would be dealt to creatures you control as long as you control Centor Protector.
Itís cloudy up there and the wind starts to blow. But the Conclave watches over you: get ready, keep your faith and go.
4/1

Challenge Criteria 1/5 : this is not an uncommon (see below).
Realism 2/5 : I dont think this will see print with the way it is worded. Including itself in the prevention clause is just oppressive to many strategies.
Creativity 3/5: Alas, if only. I like the idea but the execution was sub-par to say the least.
Total: 6/15

sc4rs wrote:
Voja, Bonded Wolf
GW
Legendary Creature - Wolf - Rare
Whenever you cast a nongreen spell, if G was spent to cast it, put a green 2/2 Wolf creature token onto the battlefield.
Whenever you cast a nonwhite spell, if W was spent to cast it, gain 1 life for each Wolf you control.
2/2
"Dogs may be a man's best friend, but elves and wolves are kin." -Tolsimir Wolfblood

Challenge Criteria 5-3/5 : another rare. at least he is man enough to admit it *cough*Jacois*cough*.
Realism 5/5 : wow. elegant in its sheer simplicity.
Creativity 5+1/5: I think this is the best design so bonus points.
Total: 13/15

kumagmd wrote:
Squee's Vanguard
1R
Creature - Goblin Knight (U)
Haste, Defender
Squee's Vanguard loses defender if you control another creature that shares a colour or creature type with it.
"General says charge."
"Did he say which way?"
"Idiot! To be sure, we charge both ways!"
"You smart."
2/3

Challenge Criteria 3/5 : this is not the kind of color matters i was looking for. Nonetheless, it does what its supposed to - curve out and smash face.
Realism 5/5 : i would like to try a deck with mogg flunkies and this.
Creativity 3/5: at least its a new design.

Bairdsy wrote:

Challenge Criteria 5/5 : Checks all the boxes.
Realism 3/5 : If Jacois scored a five then you should too, yes? No.
Creativity 0/5: plagiarism is a major no-no.
Total: 8/15

axman wrote:
Acidic Abomination 3GGG (uncommon)
Deathtouch
When Acidic Abomination enters the battlefield, if B was spent to cast it, you may destroy target creature. Otherwise destroy target artifact, land, or enchantment.
2/2

Challenge Criteria 5/5 : yay, 2 for 1. the cost is a little too restrictive to make waves, but the effects are simply too powerful that the allure may be too much to resist. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though.
Realism 5/5 : Self explanatory.
Creativity 5/5: If only you added a creature type line and it read zombie ooze mutant. If only.

My perfect grasp of the idea of integers tells me that the winner is Keash. Congratulations!

Thanks for playing.

Extra judging session for Flippi.

CMA-Flippi wrote:
{2} - Unidentified unique ring - Uncommon
Sorcery

Draw a card.
If WUBRG was paid to cast Unidentified Charm, you win the game.
"..damnit I can't find scrolls of identification... - Gheed to Cain"

Challenge Criteria 3/5 : im trying hard not to call what you did here cheating. lol. its a cantrip a.k.a playable in any deck. the words "you win the game" would never apear in a non-rare though.
Realism 1/5 : if this were a bear, it would've been a very different story.
Creativity 5/5: better stock up on your sphere of resistance, thalia, thorn of amethyst people.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: CAC 150 Judged Reply with quote

I started as Mythic, then reread criteria and had to quickfix it Razz

Mizukage wrote:
CMA-Flippi wrote:
{2} - Unidentified unique ring - Uncommon
Sorcery

Draw a card.
If WUBRG was paid to cast Unidentified Charm, you win the game.
"..damnit I can't find scrolls of identification... - Gheed to Cain"

Challenge Criteria 3/5 : im trying hard not to call what you did here cheating. lol. its a cantrip a.k.a playable in any deck. the words "you win the game" would never apear in a non-rare though.
Realism 1/5 : if this were a bear, it would've been a very different story.
Creativity 5/5: better stock up on your sphere of resistance, thalia, thorn of amethyst people.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Challenge Criteria 5/5 : Checks all the boxes.
Realism 3/5 : If Jacois scored a five then you should too, yes? No.
Creativity 0/5: plagiarism is a major no-no.
Total: 8/15

The scoring on these never really bothers me, but just for the record I submitted my entry without reading the others. Props to Jacois for coming up with the same idea and executing it better Smile
Jacois

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My card wasn't a rare. It's a Blightning (common) that gives a 1/1 instead of 3 damage, or a Shrieking Grotesque (common) that gives 2 1/1's instead of a 2/1 flyer.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew I couldn't get away with Uncommon, so I went with Rare and hoped you didn't mind. Oh well! Smile
Sprouts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur card is broken jacois, u forgot the creature itself, u either disc 2 cards and have 2 merfolks, or disc 1 card and have 3 merfolks, thats broken!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1