Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IRL Card Errors

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
smiffymork

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: IRL Card Errors Reply with quote

Hi, I recently aqquired a Garruk Relentless card with a pack pressed seal mark at the top. As far as I know this could only happen with the card on the top or bottom of the pack. Does anyone know of this kind of mark existing with other cards, if so how often does this occur. Thanks,
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a pic of this - sounds rare/valuable
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really.

The crimping doesn't add value as far as I know...
StarWolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, I have a discoloured chalice of life - the top of it is brown instead of grey.. is that worth anything?
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarWolf wrote:
On another note, I have a discoloured chalice of life - the top of it is brown instead of grey.. is that worth anything?

We talking about coffee stains here? Cause I have one just like that.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an ancestral recall, with a white fluid like substance all over it.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Card crimping doesn't up the value that I am aware of. Over the years I've come across many and actually have a harder time getting rid of them because of the crimp. I guess due to if they are high level tourney playable or not.

As for discoloration, its quite common. The only cards I have found to be questionably valuable were from around the Dark and Fallen Empires era. I had a High Tide that was purple and had a collector offering me a decent amount for it. I held on to it but haven't had anyone else mention or show interest in it.
Lostwanderer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a miscut Tezzeret teh seeker from the duel deck, it's just slightly miscut so there is more of the top border. I also have a discolored eternity vessel and a green senrendib efferet. I have also seen a miscut brainstorm which got patr of another cared, it looked really werid.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1