Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 137.0 Judged!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
pg8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: CaC 137.0 Judged! Reply with quote

Sc4rs is going to post his own judging for 137.5, but I figured I might as well judge this one. I'll start by judging A-F, but if I randomly switch to 1-10, you can figure it out.

GunsAndDope

Delay of Game | 1U
Instant (Uncommon)
Exile target spell.
If target spell's owner pays 4 at any time, they may choose new targets and resolve the spell.
"We waited and waited and waited....in fact, I think we're still waiting."
- Ancient Magic-League saying referring to either a Create-a-Card competition or a late-start trial.

Wording feels a lot like something that would have existed pre-Arabian Nights. It's still an interesting take on Delay or spellbounce.
C

Domine

Spare - 1U
Instant - Uncommon
Exile target nonland permanent with three time counters on it. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend.
"maybe the responsability was too much for him"

I thought this was a reprint of Delay, but then I read it again and it's a lot more interesting than I first thought. Color pie nitpick: this should be white.
B

ShamedShadow

Misty Mountains

Legendary Land - Mountain [Mythic Rare]
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
(T: Add R to your mana pool.)
When ~ enters the battlefield, until the end of your next turn, you have hexproof and you can't be attacked.
"If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they're not, I'd say we were taking the long way around." - Gimli, son of Gloin
And because I can:

One the one hand, you used the dreaded H-word. On the other hand, you made a card that can counter Bonfire of the Damned at instant speed with nothing but a Scalding Tarn. Legendary is nice, but I think I would be fine saccing a land or two to have access to free Outwits and Fogs, so I'm not convinced it's enough of a drawback. Take away the Mountain land type and it's awesome. As is, it's simply really good.
B+
P.S.: No, you can't.

CMA-Flippi

Lazy Bear
GG
Creature - Bear
Suspend 2 - G
2/2

A+++

Jacois

Scars of the Sloth 3G
Enchantment *Rare*
At the end of each players turn, if that player didn't play a spell or attack, that player skips his or her next turn.
"If it looks like a sloth, and sloths like a sloth, it's a sloth."

I wish you would stop being so good at these Create-A-Cards.
A

archmage521

Signs of Lethargy WW
Enchantment-Aura
Enchanted creature gets +0+3 and gains vigilance and defender.
"He is always there, but NEVER ready".
-Odric, Master Tactition

If you can give me one scenario in which the vigilance actually does something (not counting those cards that let creatures share abilites), then this will be upgraded to a B. As is, it's boring and worse than some already bad cards.
C

Bairdsy

Dithering Mage
Mythic Rare
Creature - Wizard
(Spells without mana costs cant be played)
Suspend 3 - 1UU
Whenever a player plays a spell, if it was played from their hand, exile it and put 3 time counters on it. It gains suspend.
0/3

This is either totally broken or useless and obnoxious. I like both of those things. However, it's actually just impossible for any color other than blue to win if you happen to cascade into this off of Bloodbraid.
B+

judas_bcn

SC4RS silent laboratory.....WU
legendary enchantment.....mythic rare
At the beginning of your upkeep, if ~ has no busy counters on it, put a busy counter on it. If there's one or more busy counters on ~, remove one of them.
If ~ has one or more busy counters on it, players can't play spells and creatures your opponents control can't attack or block.
It was as if magic had disappeared. We couldn't use our power or summon our creatures. Only physical work could be done. That's all I know about sc4rs reign.
Judas_bcn, rival magician

Do they really have to be busy counters? What does a busy counter represent? Why does the laboratory get really busy and do a bunch of research that totally cripples its enemies just to get lazy and stop doing whatever it was doing the next turn?
C

AxiomBlurr

Absention UUU
Enchantment Mythic
Players cannot cast spells with cmc 4 or more.

Concise, interesting, powerful, and balanced. The mana cost should maybe be just a little higher, but it's fine how it is.
A

Sprouts

Lame Excuse
instant - uncommon - 1U
Change the target of target spell or ability that targets you
"It wasent my fault, the internet stopped working where I live..."

This effect has been done to death and doesn't really fit the challenge. And Internet disconnects are no joke, man.
D

LuckyDucky

I would have made a card but...

Fail.
F

ChazBlair

Sloth 2UUU
Creature - Incarnation
Sloth only untaps every other one of your upkeeps.
When Sloth untaps, tap one of your opponents creatures
5/9

Wording is really messy. This needs counters and the word "target". I'm also not sure why sloths are blue or why they tap things.
C

Balaviaris

Torches and Pitchforks 1
Artifact - Equipment
You may equip Torches and Pitchforks only if an opponent tapped a permanent you control or countered a spell you controlled this turn.
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from blue.
Equip 1
"Kill it with fire!" - Angry Mob, not known for its patience.

Isn't this a little underpowered for a hoser? Could be a fine card in limited in the right environment, though.
B

thelemys

God these full art cards are annoying. I just want to read the text. You don't get any bonus points just because you found some stupid program.

As for the card, you say "Delaying Clock", but I see "Turn 1 Grapeshot kill". As much as I love the irony, I don't love uncounterable win conditions.
C

Straw_Hat

Homophobic Undead 2BB
Creature- Zombie ( Mythic Rare)
Whenever a player casts a creature spell, you may pay 3 life. If you do exile that creature and put a +1+1 counter at Homophobic Undead.
Pay 4 life: Regenerate Homophobic Undead
"Every time i was going to a party noone was there....after a few times i decided to party alone.."
3/3

So a black creature gets free Essence Scatters? Um... no.

sc4rs

Vacation
W
Enchantment - Uncommon
When Vacation enters the battlefield, exile target creature.
When Vacation leaves the battlefield, return all creatures exiled by Vacation to the battlefield.
At the beginning of your upkeep, return Vacation to your hand.
"I hear Rath is beautiful this time of year."

This is an awesome card. It's like Journey to Nowhere mixed with Prison Term mixed with Conjurer's Closet. All of these are good things.
A

kumagmd

Excuses
1RR
Instant (Uncommon)
Exile target spell with 3 excuse counters on it. Remove 1 excuse counter at the beginning of its owner's upkeep. Any player may discard 1 card to remove a excuse counter. When there are no excuse counters on target spell, that spell's owner may play it without paying its mana cost.
"I was on vacation!"

Why are these not time counters? Suspend is a thing. But that doesn't really matter since this card has "1RR" and "Exile target spell" on it. I wonder if it's actually possible to make a red card for this challenge.
D

JacobMatthew

Arcane Impatience - 7UUU - Mythic Rare
Instant
Split second. Draw 2 cards, then if you have exactly 10 cards in your hand, you win the game.
Waiting 10 (You may exile this card from your hand face up and put 10 waiting counters on it. At the beginning of each of each upkeep, remove a waiting counter from this card if you played no spells last turn. When this card has no waiting counters, you may cast it without paying its mana cost.)

What's with all the silly counter types today? Also, this card is pretty neat, but Split Second is almost as bad as the dreaded H-word.
A

ikazuchi

sc4rs W
Legendary Creature — Human Advisor (Mythic Rare)
Players can't cast spells or activate abilities that aren't mana abilities during their first, second, or third turns of the game.
At the beginning of the end step, if it isn't your first, second, or third turn of the game, transform sc4rs.
Sc4rs, are you sleeping?
-thelemys
0/1
InWaking (black)
Legendary Creature — Human Advisor (Mythic Rare)
Players can't win or lose the game.
Come on... if you can't/won't judge plz say so someone else can start the next round, getting bored over here -Balaviaris
0/1

Um... that's... nice... I think? Triple time walk for 1 is always good.
B

Kaesh

Yawn
1UUB
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast Yawn, sacrifice a creature.
Target players skips his or her next turn. Tap all creatures that player controls.
"Psychological warfare just got a new meaning."
Rare

That's kind of disgusting but I love it anyway. Weird name.
A

Awaclus

Extreme Boredom 2RR
Enchantment [Rare]
At the beginning of each player's end step, if that player didn't cast spells, activate abilities or declare attackers that turn, each of his or her opponents gets a frustration counter.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, ~ deals damage to him or her equal to the number of frustration counters on him or her.

I guess it's reasonable to have frustration counters. Maybe.
C

Bairdsy

Disappear
4UBW
Sorcery
Exile target player.

I wish.
F

ck3gds

Burden of Life 2WU
Enchantment - Aura (rare)
Enchant player
Enchanted player can't cast creature spells.
Creatures enchanted player controls can't attack or block, and their activated abilities can’t be activated unless they’re mana abilities.

Holey moley. I like griefing, but I think you should at least have to Donate a Steel Golem or something.
C

LuckyDucky

Redemption - WWWW
Enchantment - MR
If you would lose the game, players play a MAGIC subgame with their entire decks instead. If you win the subgame, you win the game.
I'm glad he's back.

No. No. No. No. NO.
F

sc4rs wins. Go do his CaC now.
Fanboy1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good judging, right winner
Sprouts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill have to gravely disagree on the rating my card received, I think I nailed it this time. The effect corresponds to redirecting the guilt to someone or something else, not my fault, his fault, Im not the target anymore, he is!
Domine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree; my card should've been white.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 things

1 I thought the words : "at the begining of the end step" will prevent endless cycle targeting himself. Cause there is only one begining...

2 what do you think of painter combo?
pg8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelemys wrote:
2 things

1 I thought the words : "at the begining of the end step" will prevent endless cycle targeting himself. Cause there is only one begining...

2 what do you think of painter combo?

"At the beginning of the end step" doesn't matter here because you cast it for 0 a million times. I'm fine with Painter combo because it's easy to interact with and far more expensive. The main problem is that it's not really in the spirit of the challenge about being slow to have a card that kills on turn 2 without acceleration that can be interacted with only by disenchants and non-Daze counters. It's like if I asked you to make a creature that regenerates and you gave me Golgari Grave-Troll, which has a ton of text but only matters because it says "Dredge 6". (Yes, I know that it's a Dread Return target)
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry for being à noob buf if i cast it for 0, it comes to the battlefield exiling 0 permanent ok ?

So at the end of the turn it comes back in my hand ?

And its not the main phase anymore so I can t play it anymore.

That was how it was intended to work Sad
Kaesh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way you worded your card made it look like clock returned to hand immediately if you cast it for 0.

That's how you should have worded it, instead of splitting it into paragraphs (abilities) randomly:

When Delaying Clock enters the battlefield, each player exiles X permanents he or she controls.

When Delaying Clock leaves the battlefield, return all cards exiled by Delaying Clock to the battlefield.

At the beginning of each player's end step, that player may return a permanent exiled by Delaying Clock he or she owns to the battlefield. Then, if there are no more permanents exiled by Delaying Clock, return Delaying Clock to it's owner's hand.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that's my fault: I got some work to word my cards correctly. Thanks for the help.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1