Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M13 4-3-2-2 Draft 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: M13 4-3-2-2 Draft 3 Reply with quote

The draft:- http://youtu.be/ArUw9AiepWo

Round 1:- http://youtu.be/JIfOiuoM8_U

Round 2:- http://youtu.be/qdlI33wN_3I

Feedback appreciated
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Round2, Game 1 if you were planning to encrust his shade anyway, you should have done it before it swung in, so that he couldnt pump it. The trade off of it blocking later was worth it in your position.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes your right, I totally forgot encrust stops activated abilities tbh, good spot.
Straw_Hat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the booster with akroma's memorial totally mindfucked me :O
Jpsn54

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p1p5 you picked watercourser over acidic slime and recluse with sentinel in your pool. Why?

I would be UG by then: p1p1 memorial, p1p2 sentinel, p1p3 tern p1p4 tern p1p5 recluse/slime.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think murder is with out doubt the pick over memorial, as memorial is often to slow and only good in certain decks.

I explained why I picked the watercourser on that pick at the time, which was because the pack was still chock full of strong cards and you can never get signals from these packs as the pack was clearly ridic to begin with, so I took the courser as i was certain blue was open unlike any other colour.
StarWolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But watercourser often tables, it's not like it made your deck much better to take it. I agree that you should have either taken the slime or the recluse.

I also don't think p1p1 memorial would have been correct though, in time spiral block drafts it was never a first pick and while M13 drafts are a bit slower, it's not enough to justify taking that first pick. Call me crazy but murder > akroma's memorial any day of the week for me. It's overrated and really not that big of a bomb.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the logic and certainly neither of those picks would have been bad but I just did not want to commit to green of a pack where almost all the cards are playable, in my experience those sort of packs can be misleading.

I actually quite like watercourse 3 power butt is nice, it can trade with bigger creatures also plus its great with a tricks of the trade, as you essentially have a 7 power unblock able.

I stand by that pick but I certainly would not say anyone would be wrong to take the recluse or slime. As it turned out this draft blue was very open and both black and green were being passed in some abundance, whilst white was getting cut hard as was red if i recall correctly.
Sprouts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

round 2 game 3 you should have held the murder and the welkin back, let his vampire get in for 2, but keep the essence scatter man, you had the chance to be in a superior board position regardless of what he had in hand (either scatter a threat or eot murder)
Jpsn54

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memorial was the right pick p1p1 as it didn't commit you to any color just yet while murder is completely unsplashable with double black mana. Also, memorial is a complete bomb in pretty much any deck that can hold until turn 7/8...
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memorial is to slow and would have been useless in almost any of the games had i had it instead of murder, plus its at its best in heavy green based decks, its not even good in control decks so its defiantly not the correct first pick.

And yes that scorpion play was a little risky and probably not worth it.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1