Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 133 - How do I win again? JUDGED

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Desmonthesis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: CaC 133 - How do I win again? JUDGED Reply with quote

duodax wrote:

Pentacle Realm WURBG

Enchantment

You win the game if you control 5 creatures and 5 lands, have 5 cards in your hand and in your graveyard and your life total is 5.

This is definitely interesting, but it's not really anything you have to specifically build around. B-.

CMA-Flippi wrote:

Inevitable Nature
Enchantment - 2GG (Mythic)
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control 10 or more Bears, you win the game.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a 2/2 green Bear token onto
the battlefield.

I think everyone likes bears, and having an army of 10 bears seems like a pretty sweet way to win. But this one also does not necessarily require you to build around it, as it pumps out creatures of the required type by itself. B+.

pg8 wrote:

Mutiny 2BB
Enchantment (Rare)
At the beginning of your upkeep, if an opponent controls 10 or more creatures, that player loses the game.

I actually like this one a lot. I think it's a little undercosted, which lowers the grade a bit, but the effect is really cool, and building a deck around it with cards like Sleeper Agent would be pretty fun. B.

blitzer2k7 wrote:

Broken Dreams UUUU

Enchantment - Rare

Whenever a player casts a spell, if it is the tenth spell cast this turn, that player wins the game.

Auto-include in any storm deck. I like how it gives the deck yet another way to win out of nowehere, and equally gives the opponent the opportunity to interrupt out of nowhere and win the game. A.

kane2 wrote:

The Kraken {0}
Creature-Kraken
Mythic Rare

Morph- 7UU

When The Kraken becomes unmorphed you win the game.

"RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"
1/1

Not a huge fan of this. It's an interesting alternate win condition, but it also doesn't really require you to build around it, it just requires you to draw it and have 9 mana. C+.

Raybelfast wrote:

Turn the tide 8UU
Rare

Instant

If your opponent controls 15 or more permanents, you win the game.

"And the heavens opened, and all was swept away"

Getting to 15 permanents is a lot easier than one might think. Also, if you're turning the tide, it should probably also include something where you have to have fewer. C+.

sc4rs wrote:

Road to Victory
Legendary Land
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control 6 or more Legendary Lands, you win the game.
Though the road may be difficult, the destination is well worth the journey.

Wow. I like this a lot. You could pop this into Legacy Lands and tweak the deck a bit to get there, and it would be really awesome. This is a pretty nice card. A.

jacois wrote:

Bid for Dominance 3BU
Sorcery *Mythic Rare*
If you control an equipped, enchanted artifact creature, and a Planeswalker, you win the game.
"A gift to you Lord Bolas; I have created the ultimate champion. Now reward me..." -Tezzeret to Nicol Bolas

Build a champion fit for Nicol Bolas, and he gifts you with victory? I can get behind that. A+.

kriswithak wrote:

I like the basic concept, but this card is broken in half. Needs some serious tweaking. C+.

Ssilhouette wrote:

Book Stab 5UU
Enchantment - Mythic Rare

*image is a spellbook hitting the back of a wizard (maybe Jace, maybe delver... that depends on who you hate the most)*

Whenever a player casts a spell, clash. The winning player may choose to repeat this process. If he or she chooses not to repeat the process, destroy this card. The first player to win 10 clashes on one turn wins the game.

"Never bring a knife to a book fight."

With a little tweaking of the wording, you could build a deck entirely based on clashing, and just have it count to 10 clashes from any source. Definitely interesting. A-.

pseudodespot wrote:

Xivian, Synchronic Entrancer 1UU

Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (Rare)

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control permanents with a total converted mana cost equal to the number of cards in your library, you win the game.

1: Exile the bottom card of your library.

1/3

The potentials of mind and matter are the main forces in this multiverse. And it would be the end of it should one ever prevail over the other.

This is another really interesting card, and I think you can certainly build around it. It would be interesting to see how it plays out. Definitely worth testing with. A.

lokman120 wrote:

Win At All Costs - 3UU

Enchantment

Whenever you cast a spell without paying it's mana cost put a charge counter on ~. If there are three or more charge counters on ~, you win the game.

Spells your opponent play cost 2 less to play.

Even with the drawback of making your opponent's spells cheaper, this card is way overpowered and way too easy to abuse. D.

Eliminator wrote:

Apex Mantle - 1G
Enchantment -- Aura (R)
Enchant creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, if the creature Apex Mantle is enchanting has at least four other Auras enchanting it, you win the game.

I love this card. It would be an auto-include in any Uril, the Miststalker EDH deck. Also has a heavy theme of having to build around it. A+

thelemys wrote:

Live On The Edge (4)WU

Sorcery - Mythic Rare

Sacrifice all your permanents, discard your hand and exile all cards from your graveyard.
Target opponent takes two extra turns after this one, he may cast nonland cards from his hand without paying their mana costs.
At the beginning of your next turn, you win the game.
Many tales teach the futility of trying to outmaneuver an inexorable fate that has been correctly predicted.

I like the flavor of this card a lot. However, I also don't see how one builds around this card - you just kind of play it and hope your opponent can't kill you in two turns of free spells. B+

BIRDYYY wrote:

Dead Mans Last Wish. (No Mana cost)
Sorcery. (Rare)

Dead Mans Last Wish is Blue.

Miracle(1U). If you have no cards in your library you win the game.

"He was given one last wish before Doomsday, and he wished that he'd die a champion"

This is kind of interesting, and can play into a "mill myself" strategy, the only trick is trying to get it onto the bottom of your library, but there are ways to do that, too. I like it. A.

InWaking wrote:

Scion of Hope WW
Creature- Human
Whenever you would draw a card gain seven life instead.
If at any point you have seventy or more life you win the game.
2/3

This card is really interesting. I'm sure there are ways to build around it, but it also seems pretty vulnerable. I'd like to play with it, though. A-.

AxiomBlurr wrote:

Unipolymancy 2UUU

Instant (Rare)

If among the permanents you control there is a permanent of each type, you win the game.

Know something about everything and everything about something. - Confucius

This is insanely easy to set up in a deck like Counterbalance. I don't think you really have to build much around it. B-.

JacobMatthew wrote:

Drunk On Power
3BB
Sorcery
You win the game if you gained at least three life this turn, attacked with at least three creatures this turn, drew at least three cards this turn, had at least three cards put into your graveyard this turn, and an opponent lost three or more life this turn.

"I feel like if you did all that, you really wouldn't need to cast this spell anyways." - Mishra

Mishra's quote accurately sums up my reaction to this spell. I kind of like it anyways, though. A-.

Frostbytten7 wrote:

Price of Immortality BBB
Enchantment Rare

At the beginning of your upkeep put a decay counter on Price of Immortality.

When a decay counter is put onto Price of Immortality, you lose life equal to twice the number of counters on Price of Immortality.

If Price of Immortality has 5 or more counters on it at the beginning of your end step, you win the game.

Definitely need a rather decent lifegain theme to be able to keep up with this. Definitely something to build around. I like it, although it would be more interesting if the win condition was 10 counters instead of 5. A.

Balaviaris wrote:

Battle of Realms 3GG

Enchantment - Rare

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control 20 or more lands, you win the game.

The planeswalker who remembers every place he's been to is powerful. The planeswalker who remembers every stone he's stepped on is insane.

I'm torn on this card. On the one hand, it's a very nice addition to any ramp deck. On the other hand, you don't REALLY need to build around it if you can keep your deck in the game for a long game. It's definitely interesting. B+

kumagmd wrote:

Freyalise, Beloved of the Land
1GGG
Legendary Creature - Elf (M)
Whenever a spell or ability or damage from a source your opponent controls causes Freyalise, Beloved of the Land to leave the battlefield, you win the game.
"Even without her Spark, she was still a force to be reckoned with."
1/1

This card is a little bit broken. All you have to do is block with it and you win the game. Not really a fan of this. D

Bairdsy wrote:

I could see this going into a tokens deck pretty well. It's pretty powerful, and if you get burned by it, it's pretty devastating. Kinda like it though, in a weird sort of way. B+

Kaesh wrote:

Erase From History
6UUU
Sorcery
Mythic Rare
Cast Erase From History only during your first, second or third turns of the game.
Target player loses the game.
"We have to hurry..."

Hmm.....Already brewing decks this could go in. A+.

LuckyDucky wrote:

Frustrated Cause - 4UUBBRR
Sorcery - MR
You gain an emblem with, "All players cannot lose the game by having less than 1 life, drawing from an empty library, or by having more than 9 poison counters. If the game would be a draw, you win the game."
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Lots of equivalent effect spells in the deck this goes in? Yes please. A.

ikazuchi wrote:

Wall of Seals 3UW
Creature — Wall (Rare)

Flash

Defender, flying

Whenever Wall of Seals blocks a creature, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature. It gains defender.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control seven creatures with defender, you win the game.

Your fate is sealed. —Isperia, the Inscrutable

0/7

The way this card is worded, it gives the creature it blocked defender, not the token. IF that's what you wanted it to do, then it's REALLY interesting. B+

judas_bcn wrote:
my submit is a cycle of 5 enchantments. all of them are rare, and their type is "enchantment - blessing" in opposition to current curses:

Blessing of Power....2ww
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control at least another blessing you may search your library for a blessing card, reveal it, shuffle your library and put it on top of your library.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control [the whole cycle] you win the game.

Blessing of Darkness....1bb
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control at least another blessing you may have your opponent discard a card and/or sacrifice a creature.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control [the whole cycle] you win the game.

Blessing of the Wild....gg
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control at least another blessing you may play an additional land this turn.

Blessing of Knowledge....1U
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control at least another blessing you may scry 1.

Blessing of Fate....3rr
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control at least another blessing you may discard your hand and draw 3 cards.

All of them have: "Communion - Blessing": if this card is the target of a spell or ability, copy it for each card on the battlefield that shares the "blessing" type with it. You must choose a different target for each copy.

I like what you're trying to do here, but it feels a bit clunky. definitely an avenue worth exploring. B+

awaclus wrote:

Thought Spiral {3}{U}{U}{U}
Sorcery [Mythic]
Exile the top card of your library. If you can't, you lose the game. If it is a Sorcery card with converted mana cost 6, you win the game. Otherwise, put the top twenty cards of your library into your graveyard and repeat this process.

Gotta be playing a lot of 6-cost sorceries for this to be good. Definitly able to be built around, but it feels like it would just lose most of the time anyways. B-

ck3gds wrote:

Bloodthirsty Ravager RG

Creature - Avatar

Bloodthirsty Ravager's power is equal to the total power of all other creatures.

At the beginning of your upkeep, you may have Bloodthirsty Ravager deal damage equal to its power to target opponent if its power is equal to that player's life total.

It listens closely to the ebb and flow of your life-force, waiting for the perfect moment to stem it.

*/2

There are two problems with this card. First, it's not technically an alternate win condition. Second, if there are multiples of this creature in play, then it creates an infinity in the values of the powers of each of them, and Magic doesn't do well with infinities. F

khara wrote:
Dietification 3WW
Enchantment - rare

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control 5 non-land, non-token creatures with the same name you win the game.

Relentless Rats or bust! There are other ways to take advantage of this, but they're almost entirely dependant on your opponent's deck. C-.

After looking through the entries, there are 2 entries that received an A+ grade: Jacois and Kaesh. Seeing as Jacois has won recently, the winner this time is Kaesh! Congrats!
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:S
Kaesh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prize and judging!
I am leaving for the countryside tomorrow with most likely no internets for the next week or two, so I will gladly hand this over to Jacois.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically Eliminator got an A+ as well...
YiiiMTG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scion of Hope WW
Creature- Human
Whenever you would draw a card gain seven life instead.
If at any point you have seventy or more life you win the game.
2/3

amazing in enchantress no?
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaesh wrote:
I am leaving for the countryside tomorrow with most likely no internets for the next week or two, so I will gladly hand this over to Jacois.

Did you participate last time when Jacois judged it?

Rolling Eyes
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaesh wrote:

I'm up for it, thx Kaesh.
megajenius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dietification 3WW
Enchantment - rare

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control 5 non-land, non-token creatures with the same name you win the game.

This can count Clone/Image/Metamorph etc. as well right? So it's not just for Relentless Rats...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1