Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

12 Aug Standard Invitational Top8 decklists

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournament Coverage
Burton911

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

struikje wrote:
literally?

Anyway, I like that UW control list and the RW tempered steel!

I don't really now how a good uw control list looks right now but i can assure you that it does not look like this.
struikje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you certainly play enough finishers Very Happy
Burton911

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its closer to mana ramp then what you would think of if i mention uw control Wink
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck had 4 x Vexing Devil in it, but since m13, the sheer # of MD creatures in every viable deck with a ETB ability made me make the switch to take the devils out for 4 x Torpor Orb. With only GH Idol as the only card that interacts poorly with it, it does me a world of good. I'd have to say that it won me quite the few games by shutting down ETB alone. A resolved Thragtusk is simply the bane of my existence without the threat of death by infect on board.
pg8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashmatan wrote:
The deck had 4 x Vexing Devil in it, but since m13, the sheer # of MD creatures in every viable deck with a ETB ability made me make the switch to take the devils out for 4 x Torpor Orb. With only GH Idol as the only card that interacts poorly with it, it does me a world of good. I'd have to say that it won me quite the few games by shutting down ETB alone. A resolved Thragtusk is simply the bane of my existence without the threat of death by infect on board.

Vexing Devil would actually work pretty well alongside Torpor Orb if it wasn't so horrible on its own.
Ameni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: -- Reply with quote

U can't expect everyone got the skill to play a Delver deck, u can't just pick him and expect to win all if u don't know how to pilot it.
el_focker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Delver and Nayapod are the best decks and both hard to play. But if you don't play the best deck simply because you can't play it well, then you have no business winning or even t8ing a tournament IMO. Either learn how to play it or stop being bad at Magic Wink
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournament Coverage All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2