Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic-League Stream Coverage

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournament Coverage

Did you check out the coverage stream?
Yes, it is a great idea
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Yes, but it isn't good (explain in comments)
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Yes, but I don't know how I feel about it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, but it sounds like a great idea
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
No, it sounds like it isn't worth it (explain in comments)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, I have no opinion on it
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Magic-League Stream Coverage Reply with quote

For today's Swiss Challenges and for tomorrow's Invitational, I am broadcasting pairings and results here: http://www.twitch.tv/moscowdemon
Hopefully, if there is enough liking of this, I will look into helping master TCs set this up for themselves if they want.
I also could see about having coverage helpers host it for a TC if the TC does not have dual screens and a helper does.
Please vote in my poll to let me know what you think of this!
Also, comment below if you have ideas on how to help coverage!
Sebas_

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no offense and dont get me wrong and i like your initiative but who te fuck would care about watch just pairings and results ?

It would be more interesting if we can watch the feature matches ;/
Candace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebas_, the issue with feature matches is that it enables people to very easily cheat by looking at the stream and seeing what's in their opponent's hand. There is no way to prevent or even catch this, so to have feature matches is unfeasible.
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebas, you don't need to sit there and watch it obviously. It is there for the option of people who aren't in the event to check up and see what is going on every now and then. It also has music for background noise if you want.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe I showed up at a bad time, but it wasn't much to look at - just pairings and weird techno music for 5 minutes+
marmittlucas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just put a TAG, or image over the opponent's hand on the stream. Not a big deal, streaming would be really cool Smile
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is more than just a hand to cover. When a player searches their deck, that can be seen as well and provide information. Same with the top 3 of a Ponder and so on. Sideboarding can be viewed. This would enable so much effort to make sure it is all covered.
That said, I would not be opposed to finding an easy way for players to record their matches then hand the recordings to coverage. Once handed to coverage, a few fixes in xsplit can enable us to have both sides displayed with hands and fields and can be played the following round or so.
I still worry about giving out the deck information on the stream, though. Normally when working with text coverage, it does not provide much info outside of cards that were played. Having video of a player's hand, possibly library, and possibly sideboard is a much bigger step imo.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournament Coverage All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1