Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 132 - Wonder Weenie - JUDGED

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: CaC 132 - Wonder Weenie - JUDGED Reply with quote

Firstly, sorry for the delay in judging

Duodax wrote:

Creature-Avatar MYTHIC RARE

When Avatar of Judgment enters the battlefield, destroy all creatures.

1/1

I'd like this better if it said "destroy all other creatures." As it is it loses points for not REALLY being a 1/1 creature.

C : 4/5
P : 5/5
F : 3/5
L : 3/5
TOTAL : 15 / 20

judas_bcn wrote:
Demonic Teacher....BB2
Creature -Demon.....Mythic

When ~ enters the battlefield, search your library for a card with CMC 3 or less. Reveal it and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. You lose 3 life.

1/1

Knowledge is the greatest of powers.

I like it. Simple, playable and flavourful.

F : 5/5
L : 5/5
TOTAL : 19 / 20

Raybelfast wrote:
Scavenging Ghoul 2BB

Creature - Ghoul - uncommon

Whenever another creature dies, put a +1+1
counter on Scavenging Ghoul.

Sacrifice a creature: Target creature gets -1-1
until end of turn.

1/1

"sometimes, the hunger takes over"

Another strong entry. Perhaps a little too strong at 2BB? For symmetry sake, Id like to see it be 3BB and give -1-1 counters or stay 2BB and the +1/+1 be until end of turn.

C : 5/5
P : 4/5
F : 4.5/5
TOTAL : 18.5 / 20

GunsAndDope wrote:
Unnamed Genetic Experiment | 5
Legendary Creature - Mutant (Mythic)

Unnamed Genetic Experiment is all colors.

If green was used to play Unnamed Genetic Experiment, Unnamed Genetic Experiment enters play with 3 +1/+1 counters. If white was used, put 2 1/1 white soldier tokens in play when it enters the battlefield. If blue was used, draw a card. If black was used, destroy target nonblack creature. If red was used, Unnamed Genetic Experiment deals 3 damage to target creature or player when it enters the battlefield.

If only colorless mana was used to pay for Unnamed Genetic Experiment, do all of the above.

1/1

"We'll never make that mistake again." - R&D

The flavour text is quite fitting Razz. I LOVE the idea but HATE the execution. It just seems way too complex.

L : 1/5
TOTAL : 13 / 20

BIRDYYY wrote:
Wydwen, The Fairie Witch. (2UB). (Mythic Rare)
Legendary Creature- Fairie Wizard

1/1
Flash, Flying
When Wydwen, The Fairie Witch comes into play, search your library for a creature card with power 2 or less and put it onto the battlefield. That creature loses all come into play abilities.

My main problem with this is that 4 of these in a deck = 2UB for 4 x 1/1 flyers and another creature as an instant. Thats more than just playable - its overpowered.
P : 3/5

sc4rs wrote:
Azorius Truthmage
2WU
Creature - Human Wizard
When Azorius Truthmage enters the battlefield, draw 5 cards, then put 5 cards from your hand on the bottom of your library.
1/1
When he digs for answers, he always finds them.

Nice. My only real complaint is the use of slang in the flavour text. Why is he digging? Azorious are more likely to search.
F : 4/5

Desmonthesis wrote:

What can I say? Not only did you make an awesome card, but you mocked the image up for extra brownie points.
TOTAL : 20 / 20
Kaesh wrote:
Mausoleum Theurge
2WB
Creature - Human Cleric
1/1
Mythic Rare
When Mausoleum Theurge enters the battlefield, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token and a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
Whenever Mausoleum Theurge attacks, creatures you control gain lifelink until end of turn.

I like it but dont love it.

Sprouts wrote:
5U

Arcane Snapcaster - human mage (rare)

1/1

Flash

When Arcane Snapcaster enters the battlefield, you may exile up to 2 instant or sorcery cards with cmc 3 or less from your graveyard, if you do, you may play them without paying their mana costs.

Loses creativity points for having a 2 mana friend.
C : 3/5
L : 4/5
TOTAL : 16 / 20

JacobMatthew wrote:
Viridian Hellkite
1RRG - Mythic Rare
1/1
Flash, Flying, Trample
When Viridian Hellkite enters the battlefield, put target artifact or nonbasic land on top of its owners library.
R: Viridian Hellkite gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
"They may only hatch every 300 years, but when they do..."

Seems underpowered. At 1RRG it could at least exile the land/artifact
TOTAL : 14 / 20

LuckyDucky wrote:
Humble, King of Weenies - 2WWWW
Legendary Creature - Human - MR

Flanking (Whenever a creature without flanking blocks this creature, the blocking creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.)

All non-land permanents except ~ lose all abilities and are 1/1 human creatures.

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

1/1

Should read "all other non-land permanents" but thats nitpicking. GREAT stuff.
Balaviaris wrote:
Dunkan, the Lion of Thanaskus 2WR

Legendary Creature - Human Soldier // Rare

Creatures you control have haste and double strike.

1/1

"There must be someone in there that inspires them, that drives them that crazy and reckless. It's probably one of the big and tough, find him and kill him!" - Feroloth Captain's last command

I feel like this guy should be a 2RR goblin.

massOass wrote:
Champion of the Weak 2WW Rare

Human Soldier

Double Strike, Vigilance

Each 1/1 creature you control gets +1/+1 for each other 1/1 creature you control.

1/1

I loved this card but Im not sure if it works, so it loses half a mark for either needing to be reworded to make it work, or for confusing me enough to think it did Smile.
P : 4.5/5
TOTAL : 19.5 / 20
Jacois wrote:
Needle Pricker 2UU
Creature - Faerie Wizard *Rare*
Flying, Shroud
Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, gain control of that creature.
"Pierce your skin and then your heart, forever together, never apart."
1/1

I really like the flavour here, but there just seems to be something missing.

thelemys wrote:
Quote:
Hypnotic Mage (2)BB

Creature - Human Wizard (Unco)

Undying
When Hypnotic Mage enters the battlefield, target player discards a card.
First open your eyes, then open your heart. Let yourself go on the path. He never dies the one who sleeps forever.
1/1

An undying Ravenous Rats should not cost 2BB. Also, that flavour text is just strange.
C : 4.5/5
TOTAL : 16.5 / 20

InWaking wrote:
Scion of Victory UGW1
Creature- Human Soldier Wizard (Mythic Rare)
When Scion of Victory enters the battlefield search your library, hand and graveyard for up to three other cards named Scion of Victory and put them onto the battlefield.

If at any time you control six or more permanents named Scion of Victory you win the game.

"Innocence was once lost and it's restoration is the sign of victory"
1/1

Ummm... NO.
There is nothing to reverse the restriction of 4 per deck, so how would you get 6? If you could have 6 of them, you cast 1 and they all search for 3 more meaning its now a UGW1 - You win the game.

P : 0/5
L : 0/5
TOTAL : 6 / 20 - i feel like this is WAY too generous
CMA-Flippi wrote:
Grizzly Herder - 3GG
Creature - Human Druid
1/1 - Rare
When Grizzly Herder enters the battlefield, put three 2/2 Bear token onto the battlefield.

The tokens should be green, but I like it.
F : 4.5/5
L : 4.5/5
Krabik wrote:

Darrel, the Grave-Hated 2WB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Outlaw (Mythic)

Pay 2 Life: Exile target card from a graveyard. If it was a creature card, put 2 +1/+1 counters on Darrel. If it was an instant or sorcery card, you gain 3 life.

He shivered as he heard the mumbling of those he's just banished. He knew the pictures of them wouldn't let him be.[/i]

Firstly - the image freaks me out. Second, I just dont like it. Third - are you really calling him Darrel?
The ability needs a mana cost, and for that matter doesnt need the life cost.
L : 2/5

Canabiest wrote:
Karldrich, the Frail King
3W
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor
Rare

Exalted
Other creatures you control get +2/+2.

1/1

"Even with his body aged and frail and his fighting days long passed the old king still inspired great loyalty in his subjects."

Fantastic! I love cards which are simple yet unexpectedly powerful and this is one of them.
blitzer2k7 wrote:
Beckoning Agent 3UU

Creature - Spirit (Mythic)

Flying

When Beckoning Agent enters the battlefield, gain control of target creature an opponent controls.

2UU, T: Gain control of target creature you dont control. Activate this ability only if Beckoning Agent is the only creature you control.

1/1

Again I like the concept but the execution seems a little clunky. Id love it if you replaced the 2UU,T ability with something like "When ~ is the only creature you control, return it to your hand".
TOTAL : 18 / 20

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Anthrax Imp BBBB

Creature - Imp (Rare)

Flying, Deathtouch

When Anthrax Demon enters the battlefield target opponent discards a card, loses a life, sacrifices a creature and sacrifices a land.

1/1

Disease is just a perspective.

Its too overpowered at BBBB. It needs to cost more, or the effects should effect all players.
L : 3.5/5
TOTAL : 15.5 / 20

ck3gds wrote:
Spellforce Arbiter 2WU

Creature - Human Advisor (rare)

As Spellforce Arbiter enters the battlefield, choose a color.

Spells of the chosen color your opponents cast cost 2 more to cast.

You do not want to get into his bad books.

1/1

Well this one certainly caused some discussion. I quite like the final version.

Zero-Meia wrote:
Merguss, Of a thousand spells - 3U
Legendary Creature - Mythic

U, T, discard a card: Return target creature to its owner’s hand.
1U, T, discard a card: Counter target spell unless its controller pays 3.
2U, T, discard a card: Tap up to two target creatures. Those creatures don’t untap during their controller’s next untap step.

1/1

Not a bad card. Should be a Human Wizard. Should cost 2UU.
TOTAL : 17 / 20

kane2 wrote:
Whatever Candace I am done talking to you.. Don't bother "giving advice" about my entry.

Dragon of Ages
4RR
Creature- Dragon
Mythic Rare

Flying, Haste

When Dragon of Ages enters the battlefield creatures you control get +X/+0 and gain trample and haste until end of turn where X is equal to the number of creatures you control.

The dragonlords all fear one dragon above all.

1/1

Props for making something which costs MUCH more than 4, but this falls short of the mark on both power and flavour.

Stucco wrote:
Canopy Nourisher.........................................2GG
Creature - Elemental.....................................R

When Canopy Nourisher enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on it for each tapped land you control.

At the beginning of each upkeep, you may untap a land you control for each +1/+1 counter on Canopy Nourisher.

While traveling through the dense thicket, be sure to recognize where the thicket ends and the creature begins.

1/1

Like the first ability. Hate the second one.

Frostbytten7 wrote:
Reaper of the Damned BB2
Creature- Zombie

First Strike, Deathtouch

Whenever a creature dealt damage by Reaper of the Damned is put into a graveyard this turn, you may put that card onto the battlefield under your control. Sacrifice each creature returned this way if you lose control of Reaper of the Damned.

1/1
The touch of the reaper is final. The eternity of servitude is not.

Im in two minds about this card. Firstly, flavour dictates it MUST be a vampire. Secondly I cant figure out how to make it work in a deck, although the fact that I want to intigues me.
TOTAL : 17.5 / 20

yajiko wrote:
Importunate squats 3G
Creature - human common

when <cardname> enters the battlefield, you may search your library for any number <cardname>, reveal it and put it ito play. reshuffle your library afterwards.

"..they dont travel light!"

1/1

I love it.

Gademis wrote:
Great Embalmer BB2

Creature - Human Cleric (Rare)

As an additional cost to cast Great Embalmer sacrifice a creature.

Return target creature from your graveyard in the battlefield and target creature from an opponent's graveyard in the battlefield under your control. They are black zombies in addition to their other types.

"Nobody appreciates fine art these days"

1/1

Did you create a sorcery, then read the challenge and make it a 1/1 with a sacrifice cost? It certainly feels like you did.
L : 2/5

kumagmd wrote:
Unstoppable Force
GGGG
Creature - Elemental (R)
If Unstoppable Force leaves the battlefield, put Unstoppable Force onto the battlefield instead.
"There are only two things permanent in this world. Change and this thing."
1/1

Nice idea but it needs more to justify GGGG
P : 2/5

pseudodespot wrote:
Tangle Splicer 4G

Creature - Human Artificer (rare)

When Dread Splicer enters the battlefield, put two 3/3 colorless Golem artifact creature tokens onto the battlefield.

Golem creatures you control have reach.

The longest arm of phyrexian forces.

1/1

This feels like a sorcery to make 2 3/3s rather than a 1/1 with an ability.

thrun wrote:
Quadskellion - 4
Legendary Artifact Creature - Construct

When Quadskellion enters the battlefield, put three +1/+1 counters on it.

Remove a counter from a permanent you control: put a 1/1 Construct artifact creature token with first strike onto el battlefield.

Sacrifice four Constructs: Target Construct gains double-strike until end of turn.

1/1

Should be a 0/0 with 4 counters on it. You cant call it Quadskalion and then give it 3 counters. I also think the sacrifice ability would be fine with sacrificing 1 construct and is underpowered at 4.
Rockets wrote:
Martyr of the Whelps 2RR

Creature - Human Wizard - Rare

Haste

When Martyr of the Whelps dies, put 2 2/2 Dragon Whelp tokens with Haste into play.

1/1

The concept here isnt bad, but could be much better from a flavour perspective.
L : 3.5/5

pg8 wrote:
Fate Sealer 2UU
Creature -- Human Wizard
As ~ enters the battlefield, choose upkeep, end step, or cleanup step. Each player skips that step.
1/1
Once someone found what she was watching, it was too late to avert her gaze.

This might be unfair, but my pet hate is cards which actively encourage rules lawyering and I think this is one of them. I did warn the judging would be sujective Smile
L : 1/5
ikazuchi wrote:
Swifthand Monk 2WW
Creature — Human Monk (Rare)

Flash, first strike

Whenever Swifthand Monk blocks or becomes blocked by a creature,
that creature gets -X/-0 and Swifthand Monk gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is power of that creature.

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

1/1

I like it, but I dont think its playable.
P : 3.5/5

Awaclus wrote:
Urza's Invention {7}
Artifact Creature - Construct [Rare]
~ costs {1} less to cast for each card in the opponent's hand with the most cards in hand.
~ enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter for each colored mana spent to paying its mana cost.
1/1
If you steal your friend's ideas, the work you have to do will be smaller, but on the other hand, your friend's ideas are pretty useless compared to your own ones.

Another nice concept that falls short on execution. This card is crying out for sunburst.

bobrimton wrote:
Merfolk Diver 2UU
Creature- Merfolk Rogue- Rare
Flash

When Merfolk Diver enters the battlefield return 2 islands to your hand. Then draw 3 cards, put 2 cards from your hand on the bottom of your library in any order.

1/1

I liked it right up until the part about putting the 2 cards on the bottom.
TOTAL : 17 / 20

GreenBear wrote:
Philip of the Bear's 2GGG creature legendary human mythic rare

Undying, when Philip of the bears is put into the graveyard from play put 4 2/2 bear tokens into play.

1/1.

He came back with some friends.

This is way too overpowered. In any deck with sacrifice outlets, its 2GGG for 8 2/2s and the sac benefits.
P : 2/5

KnowN wrote:
Untouchable Angel - 1GWW
Creature - Angel (Mythic)

Flying, Hexproof, Lifelink
Sacrifice a land: Untouchable angel is indestructible until end of turn.

1/1

Seems a bit weak still. Could probably make it indestructable without the sac ability.

So we have 4 cards getting 20/20
Desmonthesis with Kenta, Togashi's Disciple
LuckyDucky with Humble, King of Weenies
Canabiest with Karldrich, the Frail King
Yojiko with Importunate Squats

And the winner is.....

Desmonthesis wrote:
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the flaming begin!
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work on the judging Bairdsy-can be a marathon!! Congrats to the winner post the next asap...
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Mulldrifter
Creature - Elemental
Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)
When Mulldrifter enters the battlefield, draw two cards.
Evoke
2/2
My inspiration came from Mulldrifter.
And the flavour was inspired by Lovecraft:

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die."

GG all
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: CaC 132 - Wonder Weenie - JUDGED Reply with quote

Bairdsy wrote:

InWaking wrote:
Scion of Victory UGW1
When Scion of Victory enters the battlefield search your library, hand and graveyard for up to three other cards named Scion of Victory and put them onto the battlefield.

If at any time you control six or more permanents named Scion of Victory you win the game.

1/1

Ummm... NO.
There is nothing to reverse the restriction of 4 per deck, so how would you get 6? If you could have 6 of them, you cast 1 and they all search for 3 more meaning its now a UGW1 - You win the game.

Quite easy. Wink but this card could be quite broken with putting Scions on battlefield
Zoan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have to stand up for that Scion of Victory.

Even though I guess judging here is hart to do in general ( I wouldn't see myself in a position to do this) i think you have been a bit too harsh on that little boy Wink

So, for 4 mana, you get 4 1/1's which is fair for a mythic that cost 3 different colors.

The additional win-clause it grants is just for the timmy-bonus.

There are lots of ways to achieve this with clone effects , best would be having 2 renegade doppelgangers or a mirror-weave with 2 random creatures on field i guess. But it would still be to to hard to call it anything near op.

The fact that they enter the battlefield from any Zone but the exiled zone is just a little bonus to encourage the timmy-style and could be nice with some reanimation. So instead of reanimating only 1'1 you can get 4 1'1s ( instead of straight reanimating a REAL threat)

It's a neat card that is far from being a mythic power-wise, but fits into the "lets give kids something to play with"- mythic range.

ps:

oh and,.. congrats to the winner, but i don't see why he gets 5/5 in creativity Wink http://magiccards.info/avr/en/210.html
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, no particular creativity in winner's card.
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and almost no flavor at all
sc4rs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used slang because I wanted it to be a double entendre - both to literally mean that the Azorius wizard was digging for answers, but also because "digging for answers" is Magic player lingo for what the card literally does.

I thought it was funny/clever but I guess not as much as I thought.
InWaking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I am glad people understood what I was goin for. I didn't realize it would be so easy to overlook its potential.
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I thought for sure I'd win this one! I want to pick the theme for one of these
Duodax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought i would win my card would be a staple in new t2
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: CaC 132 - Wonder Weenie - JUDGED Reply with quote

ikazuchi wrote:
Bairdsy wrote:

InWaking wrote:
Scion of Victory UGW1

1/1

Ummm... NO.

Quite easy. Wink but this card could be quite broken with putting Scions on battlefield
just going to point out you forgot Rite of Replication (http://magiccards.info/query?q=rite+of+replication&v=card&s=cname)
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: CaC 132 - Wonder Weenie - JUDGED Reply with quote

blitzer2k7 wrote:
ikazuchi wrote:
Bairdsy wrote:

InWaking wrote:
Scion of Victory UGW1

1/1

Ummm... NO.

just going to point out you forgot Rite of Replication (http://magiccards.info/query?q=rite+of+replication&v=card&s=cname)

Ok - Im aware there are a number of cards which create copies of a creature / permanent which could trigger this card. InWaking's own comments on this though was that he was creating a card that "combos with itself" which this clearly doesnt. Whether you agree with me or not, I still hate it, and I did say the judging was completely subjective.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyDucky wrote:
Ah I thought for sure I'd win this one! I want to pick the theme for one of these

You very nearly did! It was a very close choice between yours and the winner.

Duodax wrote:
i thought i would win my card would be a staple in new t2

Thats true, but I did ask for a creature.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2